Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default You Know What? Screw It!!!!

I'm on my way to work and all of a sudden I had this feeling that totally changed my direction of thought regarding our team - It's Wednesday! Time To Get Over It!!!

This prompted me to change my negative thinking today. Hey all success starts with a positive thought. So I began to tell myself, I'm not going to let these mishaps ruin this season. Sure it's the team that makes it happen but as a fan I got to move on and hope that the team feels the same way I do - Yes we lost last week but we are not going to let the rest of these teams ruin what we envisioned our season to be.

It's time to focus on this Sunday vs. KC. We got 1 more game before the bye, to make things better and use the bye to continue to get better. You know what? Screw it!!!!! Beat KC!!!

I'm calling out our superstars. This isn't a Mario you suck thread. This is a we need you to get your butt in gear thread because it is time to move on and play.

Andre- I never question you and your toughness, leadership and professionalism. The team needs you to shine now though man. It's time to claim your fame. Everyone listens when you speak so do what you gotta do man!!!

Matt - Can I get you to get fired up just a bit? This team will make it over the hump when you do. That's how important you are. When we are down, they are going to look to you to get them through. Don't come off the field and put your cap on and stare off into space anymore. Do like I see the other QBs do on NFL highlights. Walk over to your line and say "Be patient, we are going to make a play" or "Hey this game aint over". And come out with some fire. When you did vs. The Raiders, we looked pretty freaking scary.

Foster - Get back up man. Don't let this past game or the media mess with you. This team has been waiting for you. Now you are here and we want to ride you to the playoffs man. Get back up and don't ever give up!

Owen Daniels - Time to get back to where you left off. No excuses no more. Do it or let the others take your snaps.

OL - Get mean and nasty and don't stop. If you can't push your guy at all, please let the coach know so we can move on.

DL - I need Okoye to come alive man. If not please let Mitchell just take over. Sit on the bench and tell the coach you are second team!! We need the DL because only you can make that secondary better.

Mario - I can't have anymore of these one game dominations, next week hibernation seasons. You've proven your critics wrong. That's done. Only problem is, you do nothing to keep them wrong. You let them resurface. No excuses about noonelse on the line with you, Antonio is doing way better than we thought he would.

Antonio - don't take my statement as a compliment because your sacks and tackles are to few and far between.

LBs- Alot of talk about being a great group of LBs with no results to show it. Demeco, where are you? Diles, don't talk to me right now. Cushing, I hope you can get up to speed alot faster.

Secondary - Forget about these 5 games, stop talking about how everything will come and go out and get it instead. You are the weakest link on the team and headed in the wrong direction of history books for the league and our franchise.

Kubiak - Get consistent now!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You Know What? Screw It!!!!

I'm with you man! C'mon guys let's right the ship!!! 4-2 would still be a fantastic start to the season.

Let's beat the Chiefs and go into our bye week with Duane Brown coming back.
Old 10-13-2010   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 70964 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
I'm with you man! C'mon guys let's right the ship!!! 4-2 would still be a fantastic start to the season.

Let's beat the Chiefs and go into our bye week with Duane Brown coming back.
I didn't realize that he's already primed to come back just in time for MNF vs. Colts. Awesome!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, that's gonna be awesome when we get our new LG back!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah me too. Usually by Wednesday I start getting excited for the next game. Whether it was a win or a loss the previous week, the anticipation for the next game starts building up for me by Wednesday. Go Texans!!!
Old 10-13-2010   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 106329 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

By God somebody get El Tejano Kubiak's e-mail address!!!!!

Good stuff man.
Old 10-13-2010   #8
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting excited is a recipe for disappointment. I already filled my quota this year for getting excited about the Texans and that quota won't reset until we win 3 games in a row.

If there is anything we should have learned by now it's that Kubiak is stubborn in his ways and he isn't going to make the changes necessary to get us past this phase.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #9
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
It's time to focus on this Sunday vs. KC. We got 1 more game before the bye, to make things better and use the bye to continue to get better. You know what? Screw it!!!!! Beat KC!!!
If it helps any, Vonta's tweet this morning read: "Back to work in am chiefs this week is a must win"

So at least someone on the team is taking the game seriously (if you are on twitter his tag is "vleach44").
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #10
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 40925 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Hang in there El Tejano. More than ever this team needs its 'diehard fans'.

I was thinking "screw it" for an entirely different reason.

I'm thinking that after this week my Sundays will open up.

This team needs a heart transplant. "Just another game" my arse.

cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Getting excited is a recipe for disappointment. I already filled my quota this year for getting excited about the Texans and that quota won't reset until we win 3 games in a row.

If there is anything we should have learned by now it's that Kubiak is stubborn in his ways and he isn't going to make the changes necessary to get us past this phase.
Getting excited is kind of part of being a fan (remember, it does come from the word fanatic). Disappointment - and dealing with it if/when it happens is also kind of part of being a fan.

If you can't deal with disappointment, then either stop being a Puh-cee or go play intramurals brother!
Old 10-13-2010   #12
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19115 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
If it helps any, Vonta's tweet this morning read: "Back to work in am chiefs this week is a must win"

So at least someone on the team is taking the game seriously (if you are on twitter his tag is "vleach44").
Love me some Vonta Leech.. much manlove here..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21452 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Getting excited is kind of part of being a fan (remember, it does come from the word fanatic). Disappointment - and dealing with it if/when it happens is also kind of part of being a fan.

If you can't deal with disappointment, then either stop being a Puh-cee or go play intramurals brother!
Come on. Most of us accept that part of being a fan and following a team is the disappointments. No one expected us to go 16-0 this year. Most of us were disappointed with the Dallas game and decided to move on.

But at some point, these big losses sap the energy out of you. I have said several times that the Monday night game sapped the energy out of a large chunk of this fan base. We were ready, fired up, excited, etc. Then: A loss.

Sure, as fans, we have to "get over it." But, at what point does the team's burden come into play? Don't they have somewhat of an obligation to deliver something back to the fans?

I got a survey from the Texans on Monday. They do a yearly survey of all season ticket holders. I filled the survey out and was brutally honest. At one point, they were like, "Not taking into account the team's performance on the field, how would you rate your experiences at Reliant Stadium?"

I replied that the two issues were inheretly related. Sure, IN THEORY you can separate the two, but, we're emotional beings. You can't. It is absurd for me to answer a question about how I feel about the concessions at Reliant stadium when the team stinks. If the team, for example, had beaten the Cowboys, I would have been less pissed off about the long lines and traffic. But we didn't, so the long lines and traffic seemed worse, and that made me - and other fans - even MORE cranky.

If the Texans sent a limo to my house, picked me up, drove me to the stadium, put me in a suite, cooked me Filet Minon, sent me a bottle of Champaigne, I'd STILL be pissed off about the Cowbody and the Giants games.

Fans have a right to be pissed off when we lose.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A cup of koolaide takes the cynicism away! or was it two cups?...

Hey, y'all go for it. Whatever floats your boat. I will root for them week in and week out, but the fact remains that what we saw against the Cowboys and the Giants was not an aberration. One game, maybe. But two games in 15 days is indicative of something fundamentally flawed with this team. They didn't even bother to show up, and maybe it's easier for some to get over it in a couple of days, but for others, those battle-red colored glasses are broken.

Nobody is more or less of a fan for taking either side, so couch calling someone out because they don't swim in the koolaide river.

El Tejano, I admire your optimism, man. I just wish I could share it with you.
Old 10-13-2010   #15
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, I'm comfortable being a grumpy fan and I have no problem admitting it.

But seriously, if we at least played hard I wouldn't be so disgruntled. The Texans can never seem to lose in closely played contests though. We always piss our wins away.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, I'm comfortable being a grumpy fan and I have no problem admitting it.

But seriously, if we at least played hard I wouldn't be so disgruntled. The Texans can never seem to lose in closely played contests though. We always piss our wins away.
My thoughts exactly. It's not the losing that kills you as a fan, it's the roll-over-and-play-dead way that they lose. They don't even bother to show up, and they look like one of the worst teams in football when they look so inept!
Old 10-13-2010   #17
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Spock just picked up 4-2 on his sensors.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #18
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Sig....
Old 10-13-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
This team needs a heart transplant. "Just another game" my arse.

And I used to hang this on Stacy McLady:

Old 10-13-2010   #20
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

screw it...at least we aren't the niners

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read