Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-12-2010   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Official Tailgating Answers

...and some unofficial ones:

1. Pedestrian traffic is to be let in at 8:30. This is to keep the roads clear while the cars come in. There is discussion about whether to allow people into Platinum earlier.

2. Each lot will have a certain colored mark for each game. Problem scenario: you walk into Blue and get marked, walk to yellow and get marked, but when you get back to blue you already have the blue mark. If you speak with game day personnel, they should let you back in after a few questions.

3. For pre-10 AM will call you will need to enter the Fanin/Rail pedestrian entrance to go get your tickets.

4. The Texans have nothing to do with the Astroworld stuff. Speculation is that they are not doing things by the books - porta cans, police, fire, etc. So buyer beware.

5. Scalping is against City of Houston ordinance - whether on or off Reliant property.

6. Pedestrian entry ways were chosen to keep people from crossing major roads as best as possible. They understand it is not perfect and will adjust as necessary.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 10-13-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official Tailgating Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
...and some unofficial ones:

1. Pedestrian traffic is to be let in at 8:30. This is to keep the roads clear while the cars come in. There is discussion about whether to allow people into Platinum earlier.

2. Each lot will have a certain colored mark for each game. Problem scenario: you walk into Blue and get marked, walk to yellow and get marked, but when you get back to blue you already have the blue mark. If you speak with game day personnel, they should let you back in after a few questions.

3. For pre-10 AM will call you will need to enter the Fanin/Rail pedestrian entrance to go get your tickets.

4. The Texans have nothing to do with the Astroworld stuff. Speculation is that they are not doing things by the books - porta cans, police, fire, etc. So buyer beware.

5. Scalping is against City of Houston ordinance - whether on or off Reliant property.
1. Sucked!!

2. I have no idea what that means, other than the fact I'ma little scared of leaving Blue Crew to visit tailgates in other lots.

3. No issue there... I think.

4. Meh, no worries for us! (Us, being Blue Crew)

5. I actually found this out the hard way... At an Astros game, years ago.
Old 10-12-2010   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Official Tailgating Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
2. I have no idea what that means, other than the fact I'm a little scared of leaving Blue Crew to visit tailgates in other lots.
So you had a red mark on your ticket from going into blue on foot. If you go to yellow maybe you get a blue mark. When you come back to blue, the gate person would say 'wait you already have a red mark.'

An explanation of where you have been and where you are going should be fine to get you back into blue.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-12-2010   #4
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 14828 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you had a red mark on your ticket from going into blue on foot. If you go to yellow maybe you get a blue mark. When you come back to blue, the gate person would say 'wait you already have a red mark.'

An explanation of where you have been and where you are going should be fine to get you back into blue.
That is as long as the yellow shirts at the gates have any idea about what the policy is. The Texans need to make sure that:
A. Here is the policy...(Whatever it maybe)
B. The people working in the lots know (and follow) that policy.
C. Let the fans know what that policy is.
D. Give fans a way (phone #, textmsg, etc,) to get questions answered on this policy when there is a question on the policy.
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Red/Blue/Yellow marks on your tickets

WTF

If you've got a game ticket you should be allowed into any lot. The welfarte recipients that park cars/work the gates use no logic. They do seem to like their new found sense of authority.

Communists!!!!!!
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hope so, my friend. I'm just not really happy with some of the changes...

Oh, and I will say it again; I'm happy with the spirit of these new rules - keeping the thugs and hoodlums out. I just think that the policies being enforced are more knee-jerk reaction. I know the Texans said they were working on this issue for awhile now, and that's all good. My problem is this: If they have been working on it for so long, why is it FAIL? I mean FAIL in certain regards. Apparently it (the new policy) had a dramatic effect on the silliness that had ensued at both the Colts game and more importantly the 'Gurls game. That's a good thing!!!

I still want something in order for tailgates like Raging Bull, who have several volunteers that don't have tickets to go into the game and yet tend to pits during the game...

If that makes sense!
Old 10-12-2010   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
That is as long as the yellow shirts at the gates have any idea about what the policy is. The Texans need to make sure that:
A. Here is the policy...(Whatever it maybe)
B. The people working in the lots know (and follow) that policy.
C. Let the fans know what that policy is.
D. Give fans a way (phone #, textmsg, etc,) to get questions answered on this policy when there is a question on the policy.
We just got alot of Idont know/I'll have to check with my supervisor BS.

If the Texans are going to change the rules in the middle of the season atleast their employees should know and be able to explain the changes. I guess that's too much to expect.

The great fans of the HOUSTON TEXANS deserve better. Both in the customer service areas and the product on the field.

Oh well when you're assured of sellouts apparently you can treat the paying customers any way you want.

Thanks Uncle BoB
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2010   #8
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody is marking my ticket, They are all collector items for me. I will not let a yellow coat sharpie my ticket.
Old 10-12-2010   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
Nobody is marking my ticket, They are all collector items for me. I will not let a yellow coat sharpie my ticket.
If you come in in a car you should be fine.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-12-2010   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
That's a really good point. I keep all of my tickets in prestine condition. That said I now have a red mark on the back of my ticket v. the Giants! Oh well, I have 80+ (and add an extra 5 roadies) that have no sharpie marks!

MEH!
Old 10-13-2010   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Red/Blue/Yellow marks on your tickets

WTF

If you've got a game ticket you should be allowed into any lot. The welfarte recipients that park cars/work the gates use no logic. They do seem to like their new found sense of authority.

Communists!!!!!!

I hope we can come and go as we need through the lots. I am coming in for the Chiefs game and bringing my father in law and I have yellow parking. I wanted to walk over and visit the blue crew.
Old 10-13-2010   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unless it's an approved vendor like StubHub, of course! Scalping is scalping, regardless if it's been approved by the organization because it's advertising revenue. Gotta' love sanctioned hypocrisy as official policy.
Old 10-13-2010   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Unless it's an approved vendor like StubHub, of course! Scalping is scalping, regardless if it's been approved by the organization because it's advertising revenue. Gotta' love sanctioned hypocrisy as official policy.
Folks on here commonly say scalping is legal if off Reliant property.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-13-2010   #14
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Scalping is what Chiefs do
Old 10-13-2010   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 103796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Folks on here commonly say scalping is legal if off Reliant property.
And, generally speaking, they're correct.

Section 40.8 of the city's Code of Ordinances forbids the selling of merchandise only on public property. You can sell tickets for any price you want as long as you aren't on public property. Link
Old 10-13-2010   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
And, generally speaking, they're correct.

Section 40.8 of the city's Code of Ordinances forbids the selling of merchandise only on public property. You can sell tickets for any price you want as long as you aren't on public property. Link
I haven't looked into it the laws, but a cop told me last night they arrested folks in the Astroworld lot for scalping.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-13-2010   #17
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand the marking the ticket BS. If you have a ticket, you're allowed on property, right? Sounds like they still have their heads between their legs because of the Cowboys. Sad. Pathetic. Over-reacting bunch of BS.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I don't understand the marking the ticket BS. If you have a ticket, you're allowed on property, right? Sounds like they still have their heads between their legs because of the Cowboys. Sad. Pathetic. Over-reacting bunch of BS.
They're trying to avoid:

Bill goes in and gets 10 people's tickets who also walked in and passes them throught the fence to get another 10 folks in.

Right or wrong, that's their reasoning.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-13-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
They're trying to avoid:

Bill goes in and gets 10 people's tickets who also walked in and passes them throught the fence to get another 10 folks in.

Right or wrong, that's their reasoning.
Why you gotta use me???
Old 10-13-2010   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Why you gotta use me???
LOL, I asked myself that as I was typing.

Maybe because I witnessed you being a riff raff Sunday morning trying to get in
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read