Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-25-2005   #1
Texans32
Rookie

Default draft day

i know your're all thinking "o great, another draft thread", but i want every one's imput on what the texans ist pick should be.
Ex. WR, DL, LB, DB, OL, RB, or QB (like that will happen)
Texans32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly don't know who we'll take or what we're looking for, but the most likely choice would be either a WR, CB, LB, or RB if one of the big 3 fell...I could be completely wrong, though, because CC has been known to hide his intentions...
Old 03-25-2005   #3
LBblitz
Veteran

I would like to see us go after an Olineman because if carr had time in the pocket to go through his reads our #2 WR would contribute more...but... a position player usually trumps a lineman on the first day so WR looks logical.

IMO if we dont keep sharper, we should go after DJ.
LBblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #4
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBblitz
I would like to see us go after an Olineman because if carr had time in the pocket to go through his reads our #2 WR would contribute more...but... a position player usually trumps a lineman on the first day so WR looks logical.

IMO if we dont keep sharper, we should go after DJ.
DJ is good but would cost too much. Burnett or Blackstock could do just fine in the 3-4 system
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #5
Texans32
Rookie

i know royce wont agree with me, but i like spears, sean cody, or erasmus james at 13
Old 03-25-2005   #6
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans32
i know royce wont agree with me, but i like spears, sean cody, or erasmus james at 13
Spears would be a good pick, but IMO 13 is way too high for Shaun Cody, and Erasmus James is injury-prone and would have to learn to play OLB for us, so I'm not too high on him either...
Old 03-25-2005   #7
Texans32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Spears would be a good pick, but IMO 13 is way too high for Shaun Cody, and Erasmus James is injury-prone and would have to learn to play OLB for us, so I'm not too high on him either...
then maybe we trade down, pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick and try to get cody later in the draft (if spears isn't available)
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2005   #8
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

i actually believe if no trades happen (which we know their will be)
10 Merriman
11 James
12 Spears

thats my honest opinion
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #9
outofhnd
All Pro

Id like to see us maybe trade down and get defensive line and Offensive picks at their worth. late 1 or 2Ahtraj Hawthorne could play both end and tackle,
3 Anthony Bryant NT
late 1 David Baas OG

plus the more picks we get better quality roster depth than we currently have on each line.
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read