Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Texans Missing Shanny?

Matt is not playing as well as he played last season that is clear. Might it have something to do with having a new OC? I am not sure but there is a problem right now with the O not being quite the same. Matt forced some passes last week and did not seem to be seeing the whole field. Maybe Kyle did have a lot to do with the progress of Matt Shaub and was a large part the thrills Matt provided in 2009. I still believe in Matt but he just has not regained his 09 form and I am wondering why. The pass blocking is not that great either which is not helping Matt of course.
Old 10-12-2010   #2
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Texans Missing Shanny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Matt is not playing as well as he played last season that is clear. Might it have something to do with having a new OC? I am not sure but there is a problem right now with the O not being quite the same. Matt forced some passes last week and did not seem to be seeing the whole field. Maybe Kyle did have a lot to do with the progress of Matt Shaub and was a large part the thrills Matt provided in 2009. I still believe in Matt but he just has not regained his 09 form and I am wondering why. The pass blocking is not that great either which is not helping Matt of course.
Could be, I'm sure someone should ask Kubiak this, but you know how that goes.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Before the Washington game, I didn't give lil Shanahan much credit at all for our offense. I always thought he was Kubiak's puppet. After the plays Washington put on us, I was wondering if Kubiak was holding the little guy back.

I think this year, the issue may be that Kubiak has even less influence on offense than before, because he has a Coordinator he trusts. I don't know if Kubiak should take the reigns on offense just yet, he's the HC now, and he's got issues on the other side of the ball that needs his attention.

I still have faith in GK, but he's got his work cut out for him this season.
Old 10-12-2010   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be frank with everyone I do not have faith in Kubiak.
Old 10-12-2010   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we all know what the Texans are missing.

Old 10-12-2010   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I have to agree with this.
Old 10-12-2010   #7
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2010   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

We do not miss Shanahan, I am 100% certain.
Old 10-12-2010   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
We do not miss Shanahan, I am 100% certain.
Yhea, but you are not going to tell me everything is the same.
Old 10-12-2010   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

No, the Texans are not missing Shanny.

These are the same Texans we saw over the last two seasons. A team that is inconsistent that will play for one good half and one bad half. A team that lacks toughness and grit against physical teams with a good pass rush. These same problems were here when Shanny was here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

These are the same Texans we saw over the last two seasons. A team that is inconsistent that will play for one good half and one bad half. A team that lacks toughness and grit against physical teams with a good pass rush. These same problems were here when Shanny was here.
Well, in both losses both the D and the O has played poorly.
Old 10-12-2010   #12
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
You have no... mawwbews!

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

yep. Kubiball at it's finest.

Teams take the personae of their head coach. This has been true in football for a long time with few exceptions. Kubiak has an "awe shucks" demeanor and the team reflects that attitude.

I like the man, but I just want to see more fire in this team on a consistent basis, and that, in my humble opinion, starts at the top.
Old 10-12-2010   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub does look bad, but I think a lot of that is big NFC East DLs getting too close way too often. How do you stop it? You motivate your freaking offense before the game and run the frickin' ball! Maybe we can't pass block worth a darn against NFC East teams, but we should be able to run it, with some EFFORT!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #15
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny a couple weeks ago, people thought Dennison was the savior of the offense and fixed the running game.....hmm
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

The running game is not the everything in football and that was not working so much on Sunday either.
Old 10-12-2010   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

yup
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, the running game is better, but it's gonna take some extra effort against certain teams. Our offense saw how hard it was to block those guys, realized it was a non-conference game, and laid down. It ticks me off.

'Course they gotta put up with a D that's setting a record for pass yardage...

Old 10-12-2010   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Funny a couple weeks ago, people thought Dennison was the savior of the offense and fixed the running game.....hmm
I saw some things the first couple of games that were eerily similar to the old Bronco teams. I think he has had a big impact on the running game, and am beginning to feel that Brown's suspension is having a significant impact on the running game as well.

Since our 2-0 start this has happened:
- Brown suspended
- AJ is injured
- Jacoby is injured
- Foster is disciplined

Significant hits to our offense - personnel and timing of our passing routes. Unfortunately, we are not like solid teams where one unit can take up the slack for the other. Shanwow would not be able to help us on that side of the ball.

He is going to be in this league for a long while, but at this place in time losing him is way down the list of our collective troubles.
Old 10-12-2010   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

One thing I haven't said yet is that our receivers, etc. dropping passes (although I ragged the Hell out of them for it) MAY be partly because Schaub MIGHT have been throwing them too soon in their routes when they weren't expecting it, because of the pressure. We needed to establish the run in this game, and we should be able to run at least decently against every team in the NFL, and we just didn't (lack of heart). It's not like we don't have a RB who can find the lanes. We sure can't use that excuse anymore.

And yeah, not having Brown is hurting the running game some as far as called plays to the left side. I think we can still get cut-backs to the left though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read