Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Let's make up our mind

Last year, our "competitive" team would lose games in the 4th quarter (not scoring from the 1 twice, two missed FGs, and the all world half back pass game). Everyone, including myself got so frustrated and mad because our team couldn't close out a game.

This year, when we lose we pretty much can see it from the beginning. Now we get mad because we aren't competitive. After Sunday's loss I actually felt relieved that we were just getting dominated because I knew then that I could start doing something else without fear that I was missing something and began my slow breathing technique from punching innocent bystanders in the face because I got POed at The Texans for losing yet another game in the second half or 4th quarter. To be honest, the 4th quarter come from behind losses sting wwwaaaaayyyyy more because they remind me of a cold winter day in the 90s.

Can we make up our mind on how when we will get upset with them if they lose?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's make up our mind

Losing this last game by a small margin would not have upset me so much because it was non-conference and they still have a winning record. Staying above .500 and playing competitive is the key there. Don't fall below .500 and don't play like you either don't give a crap (offense) or didn't game-plan at all (Defense).

I know it's hard to believe that I would be OK (but not just peachy-freakin-keen) with any loss, but the above is true. I swear it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont get mad anymore after 4 years of mad losing and 8-8 8-8 9-7 day and night team

i think ive seen it all

i get upset and disspointed of course becasue there are alot of cool guyz on the team that ive followed and Kubes really is a good guy more so i feel sorry for them and i want us to get better
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Losing this last game by a small margin would not have upset me so much because it was non-conference and they still have a winning record. Staying above .500 and playing competitive is the key there. Don't fall below .500 and don't play like you either don't give a crap (offense) or didn't game-plan at all (Defense).

I know it's hard to believe that I would be OK (but not just peachy-freakin-keen) with any loss, but the above is true. I swear it.
I'm feeling you on that. Kind of how I felt. Atleast this time I knew from the get go that we were going to lose.
Old 10-12-2010   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I get upset when i see teams go from 4-12 to 11-5 and into the playoffs while we do just enough to get left out.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I get upset when i see teams go from 4-12 to 11-5 and into the playoffs while we do just enough to get left out.
Ouch but true!
Old 10-12-2010   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Last year, our "competitive" team would lose games in the 4th quarter (not scoring from the 1 twice, two missed FGs, and the all world half back pass game). Everyone, including myself got so frustrated and mad because our team couldn't close out a game.

This year, when we lose we pretty much can see it from the beginning. Now we get mad because we aren't competitive. After Sunday's loss I actually felt relieved that we were just getting dominated because I knew then that I could start doing something else without fear that I was missing something and began my slow breathing technique from punching innocent bystanders in the face because I got POed at The Texans for losing yet another game in the second half or 4th quarter. To be honest, the 4th quarter come from behind losses sting wwwaaaaayyyyy more because they remind me of a cold winter day in the 90s.

Can we make up our mind on how when we will get upset with them if they lose?

I'll take a pretty loss over an ugly one any day. At least when you play well and you lose its because the over team deserved to win. When you just suck, well that hurts. I would rather watch an exciting game then watch a team make the Texans their ***** for 4 quarters.......
Old 10-12-2010   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

where's Dennis Green when you need him - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

You must not've been an Oiler fan.
Old 10-12-2010   #10
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I'll take a pretty loss over an ugly one any day. At least when you play well and you lose its because the over team deserved to win. When you just suck, well that hurts. I would rather watch an exciting game then watch a team make the Texans their ***** for 4 quarters.......
I approve this post.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I'm feeling you on that. Kind of how I felt. Atleast this time I knew from the get go that we were going to lose.
The only game I was upset about last year, was the Jets game. Like Sunday, the offense didn't show up.

I didn't expect our defense to shut the Jets down. I didn't expect us to goose egg the Giants. But I did expect a competitive best football team win game. We didn't get that.

The other six games we lost, I was thoroughly entertained up to the last minute. Sure I would have liked the wins... at least one more, but it is what it is.

Sunday..... & against the Cowboys, I was just disgusted that we got shut down on offense. That's the strength of this team, and isn't supposed to happen.
Old 10-12-2010   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The only game I was upset about last year, was the Jets game. Like Sunday, the offense didn't show up.

I didn't expect our defense to shut the Jets down. I didn't expect us to goose egg the Giants. But I did expect a competitive best football team win game. We didn't get that.

The other six games we lost, I was thoroughly entertained up to the last minute. Sure I would have liked the wins... at least one more, but it is what it is.

Sunday..... & against the Cowboys, I was just disgusted that we got shut down on offense. That's the strength of this team, and isn't supposed to happen.
But it kills you at the end because you realize how close you were to the playoffs and didn't get in.
I believe the slogan for this year with some posters has been 2010 RIP Excuses. Well guess what? If we stink it up and aren't in any of these games, we will not have to ask the questions anymore. We will just know. Knowing is half the battle. No hopes up to be let down. No tickling of the nads to have them kicked in later....well....you get my drift.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read