Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010   #1
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame
 
Kulluminatii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Age: 23
Posts: 1,954
Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans QB of the future?

I started glancing over the QBs that will be coming out over the next 3 years to see which one I'd like to see play for Oakland and which one I think Al will end up drafting. After my small moment of depression when thinking about the possibility of us drafting another JaMarcus, I began wondering which teams would be looking for a QB in the next 3 years. Do you guys think its likely for the Texans to look for their future franchise QB in the next couple of years? Hell, maybe even in the 2011 draft?

According to Wikipedia, Schaub is 29. He is in his prime right now and is a great QB, but its pretty safe to say we have seen his "ceiling". Do you guys think it would be smart right now for the Texans to draft a QB to groom for a few years behind Schaub (kind of like A. Rodgers)? If so, which QB would you like the Texans' to go after?

I'm not the biggest college football fan, so forgive me if I'm forgetting some big name QBs coming out in 2011, but here is "the best" of your 2011 QB draft class (give or take a few that decide to stay for their senior year).

*in no particular order*
  • Jake Locker
  • Andrew Luck
  • Ryan Mallett
  • Terrelle Pryor
  • Christian Ponder
  • Kellen Moore
  • Jerrod Johnson
  • Case Keenum
  • Ricky Stanzi

The first 3 will definitely go in the first round, and I think Andrew Luck will end up being the #1 pick if he decides to forgo his senior season...so that pretty much rules out the Texans grabbing him unless you guys give up a ridiculous amount of picks, which I highly doubt would happen. I think Locker will be picked up next, probably in the top 5. I still doubt the Texans will move up and get him, simply because you guys don't need a QB...yet.

If both Luck & Locker are taken, Mallett will probably go somewhere between 10-15. Would any of you guys want the Texans to move up to get him? Or would you guys rather wait and pick up a QB in the later rounds? If so, which QBs are you guys interested in? I've read that Christian Ponder is a potential late 1st rounder, I haven't seen him play so I'm not too sure what to make of him.

For those of you who are really into college FB, I had a few questions about Terrelle Pryor. First of all, what do you guys think of him? I think we all can agree the guy has a great amount of potential, and is an athlete-first QB-second type of guy. Hell he'll probably need at least 2 years behind a vet. QB before he's "NFL-ready". Still, everything is there, and if he's put into the right situation I think he could be great. I think if he comes out this year, he'll be a 2nd or perhaps even a 3rd rounder. But if he decides to stay his senior season, I think he could end up being a top 10 pick. If you guys' haven't figured it out by now I'm pretty intrigued by Pryor. The Raiders gave up their 1st round pick this year to the Pats (which will most likely end up a top 10-15 pick) so the chance of us grabbing any of the top QBs coming out is slim to none. If he comes out this year and is available in the 2nd, I would be ok with the Raiders picking him up. He'll have Hue Jackson to work with, along with Grads & Campbell to mentor him. Now if he ends up coming out next year, I'm not too sure if he would be worth the risk.


Also, if you guys don't think the Texans will draft a QB in 2011, do you guys think they will draft one in 2012, or perhaps wait even longer?

Here are some of the prospective '12/'13 QBs. Save for Matt Barkley & Jacory Harris, I don't know much at all about these guys.

2012 QB Draft Class
  • John Brantley
  • Nick Foles
  • Jacory Harris
  • Blaine Gabbert

2013 QB Draft Class
  • Matt Barkley
  • Landry Jones
  • Kevin Prince
  • Garret Gilbert
  • Robert Griffin
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #2
otisbean
All Pro
 
otisbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 561
Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
I started glancing over the QBs that will be coming out over the next 3 years to see which one I'd like to see play for Oakland and which one I think Al will end up drafting. After my small moment of depression when thinking about the possibility of us drafting another JaMarcus, I began wondering which teams would be looking for a QB in the next 3 years. Do you guys think its likely for the Texans to look for their future franchise QB in the next couple of years? Hell, maybe even in the 2011 draft?

According to Wikipedia, Schaub is 29. He is in his prime right now and is a great QB, but its pretty safe to say we have seen his "ceiling". Do you guys think it would be smart right now for the Texans to draft a QB to groom for a few years behind Schaub (kind of like A. Rodgers)? If so, which QB would you like the Texans' to go after?

I'm not the biggest college football fan, so forgive me if I'm forgetting some big name QBs coming out in 2011, but here is "the best" of your 2011 QB draft class (give or take a few that decide to stay for their senior year).

*in no particular order*
  • Jake Locker
  • Andrew Luck
  • Ryan Mallett
  • Terrelle Pryor
  • Christian Ponder
  • Kellen Moore
  • Jerrod Johnson
  • Case Keenum
  • Ricky Stanzi

The first 3 will definitely go in the first round, and I think Andrew Luck will end up being the #1 pick if he decides to forgo his senior season...so that pretty much rules out the Texans grabbing him unless you guys give up a ridiculous amount of picks, which I highly doubt would happen. I think Locker will be picked up next, probably in the top 5. I still doubt the Texans will move up and get him, simply because you guys don't need a QB...yet.

If both Luck & Locker are taken, Mallett will probably go somewhere between 10-15. Would any of you guys want the Texans to move up to get him? Or would you guys rather wait and pick up a QB in the later rounds? If so, which QBs are you guys interested in? I've read that Christian Ponder is a potential late 1st rounder, I haven't seen him play so I'm not too sure what to make of him.

For those of you who are really into college FB, I had a few questions about Terrelle Pryor. First of all, what do you guys think of him? I think we all can agree the guy has a great amount of potential, and is an athlete-first QB-second type of guy. Hell he'll probably need at least 2 years behind a vet. QB before he's "NFL-ready". Still, everything is there, and if he's put into the right situation I think he could be great. I think if he comes out this year, he'll be a 2nd or perhaps even a 3rd rounder. But if he decides to stay his senior season, I think he could end up being a top 10 pick. If you guys' haven't figured it out by now I'm pretty intrigued by Pryor. The Raiders gave up their 1st round pick this year to the Pats (which will most likely end up a top 10-15 pick) so the chance of us grabbing any of the top QBs coming out is slim to none. If he comes out this year and is available in the 2nd, I would be ok with the Raiders picking him up. He'll have Hue Jackson to work with, along with Grads & Campbell to mentor him. Now if he ends up coming out next year, I'm not too sure if he would be worth the risk.


Also, if you guys don't think the Texans will draft a QB in 2011, do you guys think they will draft one in 2012, or perhaps wait even longer?

Here are some of the prospective '12/'13 QBs. Save for Matt Barkley & Jacory Harris, I don't know much at all about these guys.

2012 QB Draft Class
  • John Brantley
  • Nick Foles
  • Jacory Harris
  • Blaine Gabbert

2013 QB Draft Class
  • Matt Barkley
  • Landry Jones
  • Kevin Prince
  • Garret Gilbert
  • Robert Griffin
As a fellow Raiders fan, hopefully the Raiders can pick up a good young QB to develop in next years draft. I think Campbell has some ability but I wonder if he isn't damaged goods due to all the different offenses he's played in. I like Bruce, but I don't think he's the long term answer.

Here's a question for you, as a Raiders fan, would you trade Nmandi for our first round pick? It give you a first round pick back since we lost it in the Richard Seymour deal, and NA makes a ton of $$$ so it would give you some cap savings to spend on FAs. I think it could help both teams.

For the Texans and the future QB, I doubt they will worry about that for the next several years. We have bigger fish to fry - Pass rush and secondary. If you could grab Case Keenum with a late round pick, that might be interesting though....
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Age: 27
Posts: 7,648
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

shoot, I would be down for Pryor....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score
 
rmartin65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 24
Posts: 7,893
Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

As I am going to Ohio State, I have watched Pryor for his entire career here. And I would not draft him before the 5th round. Sure he puts up great stats, but that is because of the line in front of him. He is never under pressure within 3 seconds. He has NFL bust all over him.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame
 
Mr teX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Everyone Wants The Throne
Posts: 7,474
Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

I'm assuming we wont be bad enough to get up there & snatch Locker or Luck but i do think Ponder & Gabbert would be within our grasp. Barkley has looked pretty good & wouldn't be opposed to him either. Most all the others i'm not too fond of as pro qb's....lol at Jerrod Johnson, Pryor & Jacory Harris even being on this list.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 51
Posts: 11,206
Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Gabbert in the 2nd sounds like a great fit for the Raiders.

Gabbert has the 2nd best arm of any QB in this draft that I've seen (Mallett has the best) and you know how the godfather loves his strong armed QB's.

Gabbert is also pretty mobile for his size.

I also like Foles alot too.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!
 
Dutchrudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston
Section: Fort Kickass
Age: 29
Posts: 15,063
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

I like Andrew Luck the most out of any of them, but I don't see the Raiders or the Texans having a shot a getting him. I'll say it now, he will be the #1 overall pick next year if he drafts. I'm guessing the 49ers will pick him up, which would be a nice location since he's from Stanford. I think he has the most promising career ahead of him out of all the guys you mentioned.

Jerrod Johnson shouldn't even be mentioned. He's a poor mans Vince Young.
Ryan Mallet looks overrated. I think he will go in the first round, but I don't think he deserves it.
Case Keenum has no NFL starting potential IMO. He makes a lot of stats, but he just doesn't have what it takes to be a starter. Probably a good career backup though.
__________________
Life is too important to be taken seriously. -Oscar Wilde
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2010   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame
 
Mr teX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Everyone Wants The Throne
Posts: 7,474
Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I like Andrew Luck the most out of any of them, but I don't see the Raiders or the Texans having a shot a getting him. I'll say it now, he will be the #1 overall pick next year if he drafts. I'm guessing the 49ers will pick him up, which would be a nice location since he's from Stanford. I think he has the most promising career ahead of him out of all the guys you mentioned.

Jerrod Johnson shouldn't even be mentioned. He's a poor mans Vince Young.
Ryan Mallet looks overrated. I think he will go in the first round, but I don't think he deserves it.
Case Keenum has no NFL starting potential IMO. He makes a lot of stats, but he just doesn't have what it takes to be a starter. Probably a good career backup though.
I think mallet could be something, he just needs to sit for a year so his potential suitor work on his terrible footwork & widdle down that big-arm-qb ego that all those guys have. You know where they believe in their arms a bit too much & throw dumb ass passes..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American
 
eriadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,642
Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Keenum most likely won't be drafted. If he wows the scouts at the combine, I guess he could, but between the injury and his measurables, I don't think he gets drafted at all. I do think he'd make a decent project QB, though. If Kubiak grabbed him after this year and worked with his for a few years, he could be an NFL QB. He has shown the ability make multiple reads, he has a strong enough arm, and he has a decent amount of mobility (pending the knee rehab). He needs a lot of work, though, and I just don't see him going in the draft.
__________________
Anyone but Schaub.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 57
Posts: 22,235
Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Keenum most likely won't be drafted. If he wows the scouts at the combine, I guess he could, but between the injury and his measurables, I don't think he gets drafted at all. I do think he'd make a decent project QB, though. If Kubiak grabbed him after this year and worked with his for a few years, he could be an NFL QB. He has shown the ability make multiple reads, he has a strong enough arm, and he has a decent amount of mobility (pending the knee rehab). He needs a lot of work, though, and I just don't see him going in the draft.
Keenum has petitioned the NCAA for another year of eligibility. He is hoping to get another year to showcase his skills.
__________________
Thanks to False Start for the sig
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American
 
eriadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,642
Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Keenum has petitioned the NCAA for another year of eligibility. He is hoping to get another year to showcase his skills.
Well, I certainly hope he gets it, as a UH guy. But I think we've all seen the best of Keenum, and it was pretty damn good in college. I'm just not sure how much of it translates to the NFL.
__________________
Anyone but Schaub.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #12
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame
 
Kulluminatii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Age: 23
Posts: 1,954
Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
As a fellow Raiders fan, hopefully the Raiders can pick up a good young QB to develop in next years draft. I think Campbell has some ability but I wonder if he isn't damaged goods due to all the different offenses he's played in. I like Bruce, but I don't think he's the long term answer.
Campbell is a pretty decent QB, and who knows, if we draft a good o-line and put players around him he may end up being pretty darn good. But that isn't likely and I don't ever see us being lead deep into the playoffs with him. I could say the same thing about Bruce. Both QBs will be great backups for our future franchise QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Here's a question for you, as a Raiders fan, would you trade Nmandi for our first round pick? It give you a first round pick back since we lost it in the Richard Seymour deal, and NA makes a ton of $$$ so it would give you some cap savings to spend on FAs. I think it could help both teams.
For a first only...no. But if it was a first with a player, or a 2nd...hell maybe even a 3rd rounder I'd go for it. Nnamdi is one of the greatest CBs currently playing, but he can only help our team so much. The first we will for sure get for him could help us greatly or set us back another couple of years if used on the wrong guy...I'm still kind of cautious when it comes to Davis' drafting in the 1st round. However, if this offer comes from the Pats, I'll probably say no unless they are offering a 2011 & 2012 first...pretty much every time we deal with them we end up with the short end of the stick .

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
For the Texans and the future QB, I doubt they will worry about that for the next several years. We have bigger fish to fry - Pass rush and secondary. If you could grab Case Keenum with a late round pick, that might be interesting though....
Yeah, the Texans do have quite a few holes to fill on D. Apparently the top 3 CBs coming out next year are Prince Amukamara, Brandon Harris, and Patrick Peterson. I'd personally go with Prince Amukamara...simply because of the name...its just badass .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
As I am going to Ohio State, I have watched Pryor for his entire career here. And I would not draft him before the 5th round. Sure he puts up great stats, but that is because of the line in front of him. He is never under pressure within 3 seconds. He has NFL bust all over him.
That bad huh? From what I've seen of him he looks like M. Vick with a better arm. Maybe *hopefully* he'll prove you wrong. I think he'll end up going in the first in 2012 unless he has a major meltdown or has a serious injury. There are guys out there like McDaniels who think they'll be able to coach him up within a few years...and I'm sure Davis will be one of those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I'm assuming we wont be bad enough to get up there & snatch Locker or Luck but i do think Ponder & Gabbert would be within our grasp. Barkley has looked pretty good & wouldn't be opposed to him either. Most all the others i'm not too fond of as pro qb's....lol at Jerrod Johnson, Pryor & Jacory Harris even being on this list.
I'm pretty sure Luck will be the best QB out of this years draft, and something about him makes me think he'll be an amazing NFL QB in a few years. The 3 you listed last, I see them as high-risk even higher-reward type players. Pryor is probably the biggest risk, since he'll most likely go in the 1st round of next year's draft. Jerrod & Jacory will probably be available late in the draft...might be worth a look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Gabbert in the 2nd sounds like a great fit for the Raiders.

Gabbert has the 2nd best arm of any QB in this draft that I've seen (Mallett has the best) and you know how the godfather loves his strong armed QB's.

Gabbert is also pretty mobile for his size.

I also like Foles alot too.
I would not be at all upset with taking either in the second. After looking around a bit, I'm pretty sure Foles will not come out this year. I've been hearing some really good things about him, and some mock drafts" have him being the top QB of next year's draft, or at the very least in the top 3.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,160
Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Texans will probably only take a flyer on a late round QB like Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick, while Oakland will use a higher pick, my guess is 2nd rd. to address QB which is where I have Nathan Enderle, Idaho rated.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #14
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame
 
Kulluminatii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Age: 23
Posts: 1,954
Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Texans will probably only take a flyer on a late round QB like Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick, while Oakland will use a higher pick, my guess is 2nd rd. to address QB which is where I have Nathan Enderle, Idaho rated.
I haven't heard much at all about Enderle, will definitely have to check him out.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #15
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 21,620
Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
I haven't heard much at all about Enderle, will definitely have to check him out.
Enderle is on my board round 3 but my mock partner Beerlover is probably going to get closer. Enderle had a 5 INTs day against Nebraska I believe but rebounded next game. He is an NFL QB and I'd love to have him behind Matt. I just need a FS and Cb before I draft a QB.
__________________
Buy my 2012 fully loaded Nissan Maxima Sports Edition for balance owed! Very low mileage.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,160
Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
I haven't heard much at all about Enderle, will definitely have to check him out.
Texans first, Kaepernick they have him rated much higher than I do, he is not NFL ready & should be considered a developmental project - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...-despite-flaws

Enderle can flat out pass the ball. Reminds me of a young Ben Roethlisberger when coming out of Miami (Ohio) same height 6-5 but about 10-15 lbs lighter. his numbers are spiking & seems to be fully recovered from shoulder surgery (last year) kinda sounds like Schaub too doesn't it? pocket passer with limted mobility, attacks (takes risks) downfield, solid footwork & strong arm. upside potential boost his stock much higher than currently rated look for him to move up teams boards.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #17
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?
 
Goldensilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Out of the desert finally...
Age: 32
Posts: 5,102
Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

I wouldn't mind a late round flyer on Ponder.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,800
Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Mallet is going to be far gone before we can think about picking him huh?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,160
Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Mallet is going to be far gone before we can think about picking him huh?
I think we first need to figure out where the Texans are headed? right now they have kinda lost me, they've lost themselves & threaten to lose everything they've built. Mallet may be a little ahead of Schaub coming out of school but Matt did benefit from a couple years of understudy benind Vick. In the end he cost the Texans two very low seconds (2007-38th =510 & 2008- 48th = 420) that is 930 points via draft pick value chart or the equal of 17th-18th selection. Does that sound about right for Mallet & where the Texans will be selecting, very possibly. Could also add in the two draft spots they swapped with Atlanta (#8 1400 to #10 1300) which adds up to a total of 1030 so that's even higher #15-#16.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 10-12-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added points
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #20
Blake
MMQB
 
Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring
Section: 551
Posts: 10,648
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans QB of the future?

Foles 2012
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger