Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-25-2005   #1
cptnbreakdance
Veteran

Default DD vs. LT last year

I was snooping around and I came across this. Very comparable, both were injured for awhile so you can't really argue about that.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortabl...season=regular

Just scroll down to #'s 31 & 32 they are both there.
Old 03-25-2005   #2
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Wow I knew DD was good, but LT good! Makes me proud to own his jersey.
Old 03-25-2005   #3
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnbreakdance
I was snooping around and I came across this. Very comparable, both were injured for awhile so you can't really argue about that.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortabl...season=regular

Just scroll down to #'s 31 & 32 they are both there.

Wow, that is nice. Take a look at the Individual receiving numbers, too. Davis #64 and LT #79
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

see some of you talk about how great LT is and how D.D dont compare think, well they have simular numbers, and Davis leads in receiving yards. Plus their avg rushing yars are both 3.9.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

The difference between the two? LT is the focal point of the offense while DD is mainly a safety valve. Teams don't want to see the ball in LT's hands. For us, opponents will take their chances with DD running the ball rather than letting Andre Johnson get his hands on it. We have a losing record when DD rushes for 100+ yards.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
see some of you talk about how great LT is and how D.D dont compare think, well they have simular numbers, and Davis leads in receiving yards. Plus their avg rushing yars are both 3.9.
Honestly, it suprised me on the stats..but maybe I am just hardheaded and slow to come around..but if I had a chance to pick Lt or DD.... Lt would be my pick ..hands down.

to me.. teams play S.D. and what do they want to do? Stop LT..
teams play the Texans and what do they want to do? Stop AJ...

I just have LT's 2003 stats still buried in my mind ..100 catches.. over 1600 yards rushing and 2002 Lt needed about 20 more catches to duplicate 2003

on that note, I am happy to have DD.. He has done more than I thought he would have when we drafted him.. He has busted his butt for the Texans and I am thankful for that and I do think that with a better OL he will put out better numbers.. He is a solid back IMO..not spectacular or great but solid. I just wish he had a little more breakaway speed

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #7
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
The difference between the two? LT is the focal point of the offense while DD is mainly a safety valve. Teams don't want to see the ball in LT's hands. For us, opponents will take their chances with DD running the ball rather than letting Andre Johnson get his hands on it. We have a losing record when DD rushes for 100+ yards.
Agreed...The big difference is that teams game plan on stopping LT and allow the Chargers' receivers/Gates beat them...For us, opposing teams focus on stopping AJ and seeing if DD can beat them...

Last edited by D-ReK; 03-25-2005 at 09:02 PM.
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2005   #8
Texans32
Rookie

dont forget that DD was out 4 or 5 games and still put up the #s he did, that's pretty impressive
Texans32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #9
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans32
dont forget that DD was out 4 or 5 games and still put up the #s he did, that's pretty impressive

DD missed 1 game (vs Oakland)
Old 03-25-2005   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we really need to start another DD debate thread? o_O

*rings bell*

ROUND ONE! GOOOO!!!!

Who cares, both players had to deal with 11 in the box all season [although for different reasons]. LDT was blessed with a warm Brees though. Get the pun? Get it?! Eh, eh?!!
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #11
Paragon Blue
Veteran

I said that once he stayed healthy that he was a very good player. Wells and DD are going to do just fine for us this year.
Old 03-25-2005   #12
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

There is no debate here. LT is clearly the better back.
Old 03-25-2005   #13
Texans32
Rookie

Quote:
DD missed 1 game (vs Oakland)
my bad i thought he missed more than that, but i think he had to leave a couple early as well
Old 03-25-2005   #14
Jwwillis
All Pro

I say this is Hollings year to show us what he's got. You want break away speed? Enter Hollings. If the Texans can put togather a consistant one two punch with Hollings and DD next year the running game will be just fine.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #15
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans32
my bad i thought he missed more than that, but i think he had to leave a couple early as well

Yea he got pulled from the KC and TN game early. Still got 10 carries in each game but was pretty much ineffective.
Old 03-25-2005   #16
Texans32
Rookie

Quote:
Yea he got pulled from the KC and TN game early. Still got 10 carries in each game but was pretty much ineffective.
but the good thing about that is that someone, dont remember if wells or hollings, steped in and did a great job, next year's running game will be good
Old 03-25-2005   #17
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
I say this is Hollings year to show us what he's got. You want break away speed? Enter Hollings. If the Texans can put togather a consistant one two punch with Hollings and DD next year the running game will be just fine.
I really want to believe that Hollings is going to amount to something, but he's spent both of his years with us plagued by injuries, and I don't know foresee that problem changing this year...I hope I'm wrong, though...
Old 03-25-2005   #18
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
There is no debate here. LT is clearly the better back.
No one's arguing that. We're just giving DD his props as one of the better backs at production in the league.
Old 03-25-2005   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i mean honestly if D.D can put up them number with our OL, imagine what he could do with an OL like san deigos !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #20
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
i mean honestly if D.D can put up them number with our OL, imagine what he could do with an OL like san deigos !
We run-blocked pretty well on the left side of the line. It's the main reason I'm not ready to ditch Wand yet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read