Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2010   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I'm not one to rant about the team, but...

They suck.

I need to get this off my chest.

I could care less about what our record is. I could care less that we beat the Colts wk 1. I don't care about the heroics in Washington.

None of that matters to me.

When you cannot consistently compete then you are a bad team.

The Texans have had two good games this year. The Colts and the Raiders...And they very easily could have lost to both teams despite playing well throughout most of the game.

I think that we have too much talent on this team to suck so much.

It starts at the top.

From the Owner who is too loyal and nice to shake things up, to the GM who is too afraid to make big deals, to the head coach who can not get his team fired up to play good football two games in a row, to the QB who couldn't find consistency if it was the only word in the dictionary, to Demeco who does not know how to get his defense fired up.

I have a problem with just about every aspect of this team ad the reason that it is frustrating is because I know that we are good enough to play with any team in the NFL.

One thing that really irritated me this week was a comment by Demeco. I tried to not let it bother me, after that loss, I am thoroughly convinced that this team is much too lethargic. They are reactors instead of actors. They are not the aggressors in any phase of the game. Instead, they wait to get slapped in the mouth before they wake up and decide to respond.

Someone asked Ryans about Cushing coming back and if that meant players would be more pumped up and playing harder. He responded saying, "No..If guys weren't already playing hard they don't deserve to be here".

Very lethargic answer.

Now don't get me wrong, what he said was absolutely true. BUT...I believe he played that completely wrong...

Pollard was talking up Cushing's return...Saying that another smash brother would be added...Talking about how opposing offenses better watch out...

As a leader I think Demeco needs to take that opportunity to energize his defense. "No, I don't think guys will play harder, but I think Cushing will energize us and I can't wait to get on the field with him so we can do what we do"...That would have been a better answer...

Like I said earlier, the Texans are slow reacting and just very lethargic in everything they do...They need an infusion of energy all the way around...We have a couple of guys that have that energetic, I'm coming for you, I will eat your face, Move the fu*k out of the way mentality...But the people in leadership roles on this team always seem to neutralize that energy.

Bob McNair...Demand that your team become more aggressive in every aspect from chasing free agents to making trades. Rick Smith, Don't be afraid to actually make a big move whether it be a big free agent signing, a big move in the draft, or a big trade. Kubiak...Don't be afraid to mix up the play calls and the formations...Can we please get more aggressive and creative on offense when the "regular" shyt ain't workin? Can we please do some aggressive things on defense? Do we even have ONE overload blitz in the playbook? Do we have anybody watching film and trying to attack opponents weaknesses?

And for Christ sakes...Demeco...Can you please not suck the energy out of your defense with all of this level headed bull shyt. I understand the approach, but this is not Richard Smith's defense anymore. We want to attack. We want rabid dogs out on the field, not a bunch of read and reactors. We don't mind guys making a few mistakes if they are out there flying around knocking the daylight out of anybody who dare try to advance the ball against them. Hell, you all are already making tons of mistakes as it is...Might as well stop worrying about that stuff so much and go out there and have fun...You guys play better like that...

Cushing had even toned down leading up to the game talking about how he wanted to make sure he was fundamentally sound and stuff. I'm pretty sure some coach got in his ear and said something like, "Brian, I know you're pumped to be back but I want to make sure you don't get too excited and cost us."

And of course instead of unleashing the tiger he looked like the pink panther creeping along so methodical in his approach.

It's gotten to the point where I can pretty much predict how this season will go.

We'll come out next game ultra fired up. We'll beat the Chiefs for 3 1/2 quarters and they'll make it close in the end. Bye week. We'll come and play poorly for the first half against Indy, then we'll make a furious comeback..We may win we may lose...depends on the focus towards the end. Then the next game we'll come out and play poorly. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Last edited by Rey; 10-11-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #2
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm not one to rant about the team, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
They suck.

I need to get this off my chest.

I could care less about what our record is. I could care less that we beat the Colts wk 1. I don't care about the heroics in Washington.

None of that matters to me.

When you cannot consistently compete then you are a bad team.

The Texans have had two good games this year. The Colts and the Raiders...And they very easily could have lost to both teams despite playing well throughout most of the game.

I think that we have too much talent on this team to suck so much.

It starts at the top.

From the Owner who is too loyal and nice to shake things up, to the GM who is too afraid to make big deals, to the head coach who can not get his team fired up to play good football two games in a row, to the QB who couldn't find consistency if it was the only word in the dictionary, to Demeco who does not know how to get his defense fired up.

I have a problem with just about every aspect of this team ad the reason that it is frustrating is because I know that we are good enough to play with any team in the NFL.

One thing that really irritated me this week was a comment by Demeco. I tried to not let it bother me, after that loss, I am thoroughly convinced that this team is much too lethargic. They are reactors instead of actors. They are not the aggressors in any phase of the game. Instead, they wait to get slapped in the mouth before they wake up and decide to respond.

Someone asked Ryans about Cushing coming back and if that meant players would be more pumped up and playing harder. He responded saying, "No..If guys weren't already playing hard they don't deserve to be here".

Very lethargic answer.

Now don't get me wrong, what he said was absolutely true. BUT...I believe he played that completely wrong...

Pollard was talking up Cushing's return...Saying that another smash brother would be added...Talking about how opposing offenses better watch out...

As a leader I think Demeco needs to take that opportunity to energize his defense. "No, I don't think guys will play harder, but I think Cushing will energize us and I can't wait to get on the field with him so we can do what we do"...That would have been a better answer...

Like I said earlier, the Texans are slow reacting and just very lethargic in everything they do...They need an infusion of energy all the way around...We have a couple of guys that have that energetic, I'm coming for you, I will eat your face, Move the fu*k out of the way mentality...But the people in leadership roles on this team always seem to neutralize that energy.

Bob McNair...Demand that your team become more aggressive in every aspect from chasing free agents to making trades. Rick Smith, Don't be afraid to actually make a big move whether it be a big free agent signing, a big move in the draft, or a big trade. Kubiak...Don't be afraid to mix up the play calls and the formations...Can we please get more aggressive and creative on offense when the "regular" shyt ain't workin? Can we please do some aggressive things on defense? Do we even have ONE overload blitz in the playbook? Do we have anybody watching film and trying to attack opponents weaknesses?

And for Christ sakes...Demeco...Can you please not suck the energy out of your defense with all of this level headed bull shyt. I understand the approach, but this is not Richard Smith's defense anymore. We want to attack. We want rabid dogs out on the field, not a bunch of read and reactors. We don't mind guys making a few mistakes if they are out there flying around knocking the daylight out of anybody who dare try to advance the ball against them. Hell, you all are already making tons of mistakes as it is...Might aw well stop worrying about that stuff so much and go out there and have fun...You guys play better like that...

Cushing had even toned down leading up to the game talking about how he wanted to make sure he was fundamentally sound and stuff. I'm pretty sure some coach got in his ear and said something like, "Brian, I know you're pumped to be back but I want to make sure you don't get too excited and cost us."

And of course instead of unleashing the tiger he looked like the pink panther creeping along so methodical in his approach.

It's gotten to the point where I can pretty much predict how this season will go.

We'll come out next game ultra fired up. We'll beat the Chiefs for 3 1/2 quarters and they'll make it close in the end. Bye week. We'll come and play poorly for the first half against Indy, then we'll make a furious comeback..We may win we may lose...depends on the focus towards the end. Then the next game we'll come out and play poorly. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Nice post... sums it up pretty good !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

QFT! That was my reaction. I felt going into this game that the team seemed to be taking the same approach they did with Dallas.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #4
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya, having a level-headed player as one of your leaders is a terrible thing, right? Stupid Ryans, he should have said that we weren't playing very hard because we were missing one of our better players. I can't believe he screwed that one up so bad...
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Ya, having a level-headed player as one of your leaders is a terrible thing, right? Stupid Ryans, he should have said that we weren't playing very hard because we were missing one of our better players. I can't believe he screwed that one up so bad...
I guess you missed my point.

I didn't say I disagreed with what he said.

It was just a very lethargic, ho-hum, just another day at the office answer. I felt that as a leader of a struggling defense, you should take that opportunity to fire your people up.

It's hard to explain, but even though you are trying your hardest doesn't mean you can't do better.

What you think may be your hardest, may not actually be. Little psychological things like a key teammate coming back should trigger even more adrenaline in your body.

I didn't see that Sunday. Looks like they wanted to treat Cushing's return as just another day in the work place.

As a result, they came out with no energy. Demeco leading the pre-game rah, rah stuff = FAIL.

This team is not a team wins because of their superior playbook, or because they have a bunch of savvy vets...Or because they have a QB that is going to consistently move the Chains...

That is not us...We win games because we come out and play fired up football...We win games when we come out and we jump on the opponent instead of waiting for them to jump on us...We win games, when our LB's and D-line are moving forward and attacking...

We don't win games taking a methodical approach. We are not that kind of team, and someone over there on Kirby needs to realize that.

We have to come out super jacked up or we will probably lose. The End.
Old 10-11-2010   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Even if you look back to the Cowboys game....

Demeco: It's just another game. We don't care if it's Dallas. That stuff isn't important to us...

Yeah, Demeco...I can tell...
Old 10-11-2010   #7
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with you that right now we just flat out suck. Brian wasn't energized and I think everyone is on pins and needles crossing our fingers behind our backs hoping that what he was suspended for isn't true.

That being said, Brian had I believe 9 tackles, which is more than respectable. There's wasn't much fire in his play and he looked slow, but he was able to make solid plays. Just keep in mind that he's 4 games behind everyone else and it will be a few games before he really gets up to speed.

EDIT: Sorry, it was 4 solo and 1 assisted tackle.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2010   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I agree with you that right now we just flat out suck. Brian wasn't energized and I think everyone is on pins and needles crossing our fingers behind our backs hoping that what he was suspended for isn't true.

That being said, Brian had I believe 9 tackles, which is more than respectable. There's wasn't much fire in his play and he looked slow, but he was able to make solid plays. Just keep in mind that he's 4 games behind everyone else and it will be a few games before he really gets up to speed.
I'm not really complaining about anybody's actual play (in this thread), but more so their lack of focus and fire.

I am not upset with how Brian played yesterday...He was hitting hard, and he was making tackles (some after the guy had already passed him up)...

I'm just not pleased at all with the ho-hum attitude of the team overall. We have some guys who look like they are fired up, but a majority of the team is not.

When a team is fired up it resonates through everyone...You can even see it on special teams...

Normally, if you look flat in every single aspect, then something was wrong with your preparation and approach...

I can understand on unit looking bad...But we sucked everywhere...

They were not fired up enough...period...
Old 10-11-2010   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, so let's say I'm a Colts fan a month ago:

This team sux.

Our D can't stop the run at all and our coach needs to be fired. What kind of ***** puts THAT D on the field? We have Peyton freaking Manning and we can't beat the Texans? Why do we pay our safety all that freaking money against the cap when he plays one game a year?

What the F&*(?

Fire the coach!

The NFL has parity now and it's driving us crazy. Get used to it....unless the players union gets too much power.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #10
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post

This team sux.

Our D can't stop the run at all and our coach needs to be fired. What kind of ***** puts THAT D on the field? We have Peyton freaking Manning and we can't beat the Texans? Why do we pay our safety all that freaking money against the cap when he plays one game a year?

What the F&*(?

Fire the coach!

The NFL has parity now and it's driving us crazy. Get used to it....unless the players union gets too much power.
So....

Parity is defined as getting ***** slapped to the tune of 27-13 and 34-10 in your own house two games in a row?

I love this parity stuff.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #11
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not really complaining about anybody's actual play (in this thread), but more so their lack of focus and fire.

I am not upset with how Brian played yesterday...He was hitting hard, and he was making tackles (some after the guy had already passed him up)...

I'm just not pleased at all with the ho-hum attitude of the team overall. We have some guys who look like they are fired up, but a majority of the team is not.

When a team is fired up it resonates through everyone...You can even see it on special teams...

Normally, if you look flat in every single aspect, then something was wrong with your preparation and approach...

I can understand on unit looking bad...But we sucked everywhere...

They were not fired up enough...period...

I got ya. I understand where you're coming from, I was just trying to say that it might take Brian a few games to reach that point because he's focused on getting into a rhythm.

The greatest musicians say that when they're onstage playing basically they're just running a "background program" in their mind and going off of instinct. They are able to practice all the time to be able to keep this mindset. I think Brian just needs to get a few games under his belt before that instinct kicks in (assuming he returns to form, of course). Until then, the fire that we're used to will be a little dimmer while he has to consciously focus on the various aspects of his game.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LMAO....I've noticed the same pattern for years. I was hoping they broke out of that this year with that 2-0 start, but again I got fooled by the Texans consistently being inconsistent....wuh-wuh-wuh.

Hey, Dallas is :just another game" right fellas......that still pisses me off....

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:

This team sux.

What the F&*(?

Fire the coach!

When the Colts played us, they didn't suck in every aspect.

Their offense played good and their special teams was respectable. And on top of that, their defense only sucked stopping the run. They still got a pick and some sacks and hits on Schaub.

That's something to be encouraged about. Something to build on.

YESTERDAY WE SUCKED IN EVERY ASPECT.

That means our approach to that game was bad. Why do you think Kubiak said he needed to evaluate how he got the team ready?

He doesn't say that after every loss...

Just when every unit sucks. They were not nearly focuses enough or angry enough for yesterdays contest.

I don't care if we lose if my team comes out and plays hard. In the last two years when we have lost, it has mostly been because of (a) lack of focus and/or (b) no fire.
Old 10-11-2010   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This team sux.

What the F&*(?

Fire the coach!

I don't think I'd compare the history of Colts with Houston. Indy has an "exectation" they will win and when they do not fans & team expect it to be turned around immediately. We do not have that. This is a very lethargic team. Reminds me of the guy who straggles at work but gets lit up by his boss and for a couple weeks or so does semi-ok until he slides back into lethargy.
Old 10-11-2010   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post

EDIT: Sorry, it was 4 solo and 1 assisted tackle.
Am I the only one that watched Cushing before the first defensive snap? Dude was jumping up and down and was all amped up. I think even the crowd played off of that and got louder before Eli snapped the ball.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When the Colts played us, they didn't suck in every aspect.

Their offense played good and their special teams was respectable. And on top of that, their defense only sucked stopping the run. They still got a pick and some sacks and hits on Schaub.

That's something to be encouraged about. Something to build on.

YESTERDAY WE SUCKED IN EVERY ASPECT.

That means our approach to that game was bad. Why do you think Kubiak said he needed to evaluate how he got the team ready?

He doesn't say that after every loss...

Just when every unit sucks.
You win. I was just making an argument.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Am I the only one that watched Cushing before the first defensive snap? Dude was jumping up and down and was all amped up. I think even the crowd played off of that and got louder before Eli snapped the ball.
They came out of the gates fine...

Sustaining that energy for at least a quarter would have been nice...
Old 10-11-2010   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I don't think I'd compare the history of Colts with Houston. Indy has an "exectation" they will win and when they do not fans & team expect it to be turned around immediately. We do not have that. This is a very lethargic team. Reminds me of the guy who straggles at work but gets lit up by his boss and for a couple weeks or so does semi-ok until he slides back into lethargy.
That pretty much sums it up, without my long rant...

Doesn't seem like the team gets fired up until they are against the wall...
Old 10-11-2010   #19
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rant away , you will feel better!
Old 10-11-2010   #20
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great post Rey.

I'm not one to rant either but I'm starting to come to the realization that defensively, we're just not very good.

No more hope that our guys are going to "turn it around", no more wishful thinking. WE FLAT OUT SUCK ON DEFENSE.

Anyone not named Mario and Antonio feel like getting some penetration in the backfield? Didn't Amobi lose weight to be quicker so he can put more pressure on the QB? Where's the relentless pursuit???!

I don't think I've ever been so distraught after a loss. I think I've finally seen the writing on the wall, that we have weeks where we can beat anyone, and weeks where we wouldn't be able to stop Ohio State's passing attack.

For Christ sakes Kubiak....come out and say, "Enough bullshit, we're coming out swinging next game. We're no longer taking this crap from other teams who want to pass all over our defense. If we can't find a way to get it done, we'll find someone who will." *looking at Frank Bush and David Gibbs*

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read