Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2010   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Attitude Concern

In addition to coaching, or maybe this is part coaching - I'm worried about quotes before the Dallas game and Okoye after the Giants game.

Before Dallas the players drove home it was 'just another game' and how they weren't getting too pumped up or excited.

After the Giants game (I have not heard the audio, only 610 and a caller discuss it) Okoye said something to the effect certian players (implying himself) need to be pumped up and no one pumped them up for the Giants game.

*shakes head*

Really?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Attitude Concern

Yeah, they played the Okoye audio on 610. He did imply himself and the Dallas pre-game comments by the Texans about "just another game" still piss me off too!

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
In addition to coaching, or maybe this is part coaching - I'm worried about quotes before the Dallas game and Okoye after the Giants game.

Before Dallas the players drove home it was 'just another game' and how they weren't getting too pumped up or excited.

After the Giants game (I have not heard the audio, only 610 and a caller discuss it) Okoye said something to the effect certian players (implying himself) need to be pumped up and no one pumped them up for the Giants game.

*shakes head*

Really?
Sad, but I have a feeling that this is true.

I would fire a couple of players, starting with Slaton, and then hope that some of the more 'relaxed' players would get the meaning.

I believe that attitude, or lack thereof, is the _real_ problem with this team, some of that is on the players and some of that is on coaching. In other words, it's coaches job to have players 'ready' come gametime, but the players that lack the 'spunk'...

I called it 'mental steam' a few weeks ago, and I still believe this to be the case.
Old 10-11-2010   #4
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

*shakes head*

Really?
I heard what Okoye said on the drive home from the game yesterday. What he was saying was that some players need someone to pump them up before a game. He said some players have the ability to do that themselves, and some rely on others to do that for them. He said that there really wasn't anyone to do that. I was kind of left scratching my head after hearing him sat that. He kept talking in circles, so it was kind of hard to fully understand what he was getting at. The only thing you can get out of it was that he was saying that they don't have a leader that fires up the players before a game....whether that be a coach or a player.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #5
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I heard what Okoye said on the drive home from the game yesterday. What he was saying was that some players need someone to pump them up before a game. He said some players have the ability to do that themselves, and some rely on others to do that for them. He said that there really wasn't anyone to do that. I was kind of left scratching my head after hearing him sat that. He kept talking in circles, so it was kind of hard to fully understand what he was getting at. The only thing you can get out of it was that he was saying that they don't have a leader that fires up the players before a game....whether that be a coach or a player.
So....all that money they make isn't enough to motivate them? Maybe if some of them were cut and they found out nobody else would want their sorry a@@es that would fire the remaining players up.
And I do have Okoye in mind....
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #6
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

They just replayed it on 610 and are discussing his comments. He talked in circles a lot, but I was pretty spot on with what he said.....just in a more refined way.
Old 10-11-2010   #7
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

As a fan that's disheartening to hear. I mean we're still in the hunt for the playoffs, going up against a solid team in the Giants and, most importantly, playing at home...shouldn't that be enough motivation for people that supposedly love football and aren't just out there to make a fat check? Hearing this makes me think of that indifferent look Schaub puts on when the team is playing poorly and that stupid "aw shucks!" look on Kubiak's face. Then I think of the 49ers game last night, they lost, but Singletary chewed Alex Smith's ass he straightened up and made it a game again, I at least have respect for the 49ers, because they try. This Houston team, despite sitting on a winning record, does not deserve the league's and/or fan's respect, yesterday's game is ample evidence of that imo, especially if the reason for such failure is "we're not motivated".

/rant
Old 10-11-2010   #8
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

The first game against the Colts, they came out motivated. After the win, it just looks like they got the attitude - we are the best, we beat the Colts, we don't need to be motivated any longer - we can beat anybody now without even trying.

Each game since they look worse than the one before. There is no fire, no drive, no "want to win" attitude at all.

What happened to all these team captains, can they not motivate this team? If not, why are they captains? That is their job.

Somebody needs to chew their butts, but good.
Old 10-11-2010   #9
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they are saving their emotional energy for the playoffs.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
They just replayed it on 610 and are discussing his comments. He talked in circles a lot, but I was pretty spot on with what he said.....just in a more refined way.
Kubiak's coaching style is one that assumes his players are self motivated pros . To me the proof is in the pudding that the Texans relax at home no matter who they play , except for the Colts on opening day . I know there are exceptions but they seem to be in December after it's to late .
Old 10-11-2010   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
The first game against the Colts, they came out motivated. After the win, it just looks like they got the attitude - we are the best, we beat the Colts, we don't need to be motivated any longer - we can beat anybody now without even trying.

Each game since they look worse than the one before. There is no fire, no drive, no "want to win" attitude at all.

What happened to all these team captains, can they not motivate this team? If not, why are they captains? That is their job.

Somebody needs to chew their butts, but good.
I agree. Also, this can NOT be put on the fans. We were in our seats before the game started and that place was pretty loud. The players just didn't feed off of what the fans were giving them....period.
Old 10-11-2010   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Ok0ye is a bust. That's bad enough, but then the coaches keep putting him out there, because they've never come up with anyone to replace him. And now he says this.

Ok0ye is Kubiak's guy, though.
Old 10-11-2010   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Structure their contracts so they DON'T get paid for embarrassing their FANS and the franchise that pays them the big bucks, and I bet their attitude would change. NO ONE, players or coaches, should get paid for that pathetic display of so called football we saw yesterday! THEY should have to pay the fans!! How bout one of those lazy SOBs paying for my season tickets next year, that is IF we have a next year!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I think they are saving their emotional energy for the playoffs.
(in best Jim Mora voice) "Play...play offs?! Play offs?! Are you kiddin' me? Play offs?! Don't talk about the play offs!"

Let's also consider something. Kubiak is an offense minded coach. Defense is an after thought to him.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #15
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

What caught my eye, most of you probably didn't see it unless your seats were right by the Texans sideline, was after the Giants scored their third TD DeMeco was on the sidelines smiling like the Texans just scored. WTF? Maybe I'm overreacting but I want to see some fire and some anger when stuff like that happens!
Old 10-11-2010   #16
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
What caught my eye, most of you probably didn't see it unless your seats were right by the Texans sideline, was after the Giants scored their third TD DeMeco was on the sidelines smiling like the Texans just scored. WTF? Maybe I'm overreacting but I want to see some fire and some anger when stuff like that happens!

I didn't see this as I was not at the game and by that time I started the grill up and was in and out, but I heard it brought up by a few people on 610 this morning so you are not the only one that noticed. It pisses me off too, but soooooooooo much about this team's collective effort yesterday just makes my head hurt too much.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #17
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think they actually care if they win the game or not. That's the attitude I get from watching them. It's just a game to them. No big deal if we lose.

Until somebody takes them out behind the woodshed and beats the crap out of them, it will be just the same old thing every week. Lose one, come out the next game with a little more fire, if we win, then the following week we will lay down and get trounced again.
Old 10-11-2010   #18
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we get Mike Ditka to come in and give them an 'Attitude Adjustment'.

He would be the perfect candidate for the new 'Attitude Coaching' position the Texans need to add to their payroll.

On second thought, lets just make him the HC.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
So the team even considers themselves a JOKE??? What the hell is going on here?! They ALL have the attitude that every game is "just another game" and then they have the audacity to NOT take a butt kicking like yesterday seriously??? Geeezzz, I need to get off this board and get busy, cause I'm getting seriously PISSED OFF!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are OkOye and Okam still on the team.

The only thing OkOye is wave his arms to get the crowd fired up. Followed by getting his a** blown off the ball.

Maybe he should go back to doing his humanitarian missions in Nigeria during the offseason. Atleast he will be doing some good. It appears that the football thing isn't working out for him.

I believe that I'll go back to work. Even though nobody has given me a motivational speech.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read