Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which is it, lack of talent or a lack of coaching?
Lack of Talent? 5 10.20%
Lack of Coaching? 44 89.80%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2010   #1
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default So What Is IT??

My wife and I were discussing the sickening game we tortured ourselves with yesterday, and she posed a question. So I pose it to you.

Is this teams failures, a lack of talent, or a lack of coaching?

And No, I didn't give you an option three for all of the above, or lay the blame on everyone. That's a cop out imo
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #2
CDNTexansFan
GloverQuinFan

Rep Power: 0 CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan CDNTexansFan
Default Re: So What Is IT??

Lack of execution. The talent is there, the coaches are calling the same schemes/plays that have worked when the team sees success. It's on the players to step up and perform week in, week out.

I'm not anti-Schaub in the least but he has been fairly unimpressive this year outside of the Washington game. With Andre and Jacoby slowed by leg injuries, the Texans lose the ability to stretch the field and open up the underneath routes that have been the teams bread and butter.

There's a number of reasons, they all come back to the players executing and making plays.
CDNTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #3
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

After seeing what I saw yesterday, I have to think it's the coaching! We have plenty of talent on this team it's just not clicking.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say it's some players fault, but much more coaching problems than players, so I voted the problem is the coaching.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #5
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a coaching issue. The coaches' don't adapt the playcalls to the personnel. We need to be calling faster routes on teams that can get a huge push up front on our O line. Schaub needs to get rid of it faster. It's a frustrating offense to watch when our offense seemed to move the ball so easily last year and our personnel is largely unchanged.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

It was..... Being outplayed. Out coached, out everythinged!!!
Old 10-11-2010   #7
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
And No, I didn't give you an option three for all of the above, or lay the blame on everyone. That's a cop out imo
I'm not so sure it is a cop out in this case.

The secondary obviously lacks talent and we have some depth issues elsewhere.

Coaching staff has problems too. Perhaps their Denny's menu's they hold on the sidelines are smudged?

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2010   #8
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

experience?
Old 10-11-2010   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Coaching is the problem. He has to put them in position to do well. And as we saw in yesterdays blowout, we werent even close.

Hey, even Gary said so.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'd say it's some players fault, but much more coaching problems than players, so I voted the problem is the coaching.
I'm there too.
Old 10-11-2010   #11
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Lack of Heart
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #12
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Lack of Heart
I think you are correct. There is no team feeling here. The guys are playing with each other on the team, but not for each other on the team. They are a group of individuals and not a team.

It is on both the coaches and the players.
Old 10-11-2010   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The players are failing to execute, so it's a lack of coaching. I say that because "coaching" entails an awful lot, including choosing all those players that aren't executing and putting them on the field.
Old 10-11-2010   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: So What Is IT??

Both.

For instance - players: secondary can be blamed on their lack of talent/execution combined with the failure of the front 4 to get pressure.

Coaching: the NYG had an answer for our zone scheme - their DLine was patient, sat in the gap, and even on some plays made seals to send LB's through. If they have an answer to our bread and butter, we had better try something else and we didn't. Hence Arian being a ghost.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #15
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted lack of coaching but rarely is there a simple answer. I don't think it is lack of talent although lack of experience could be part of it in the secondary. I also think it is lack of execution and a serious lack of spirit/heart/killer instinct whatever you want to call it. As in previous years, the players don't seem to be ready to play when the time comes. I think that is Kubiak/coaches but also players' desire to win at all costs.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts demolished the Giants at NY, the Titans beat the Giants at home. We get demolished by the Giants at home... Now how well do you think we will stack up in our division? Personally, I don't like it one bit and it makes me think the first game against the Colts was an anomaly, while the last 4 games are what we should expect the rest of the season - a .500 team. Maybe we can pull out a few more division wins and somehow make it to the playoffs like the Bengals did last year, but I'm leaning towards the pessimistic side now.
Old 10-11-2010   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Its both. Obviously the adjustments to what teams are doing to us is on the coaching, but you can't tell me that a db getting shook at the LOS or a d-line unable to get pressure is on coaching. They just aren't talented enough in those areas.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #18
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

lol @ blame it on everyone not being an option...

how can the reason they got smashed twice at home not be the reason. Coach is at fault, but lets not act like the players aren't an issue either. Everyone SUCKED yesterday. No shying away from it. Just like it's a total team effort when the Texans win by 24, its a total team effort when they get stomped by 24 by an average team at home.

Hell, to be honest, the BIGGER cop out is to ONLY blame coaching. Cut and dry.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

well the giants were among the teams some experts picked to win the division & they did come off a 10 sack game so i don't know if they were average....maybe just took a little time to get their shit together.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #20
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
well the giants were among the teams some experts picked to win the division & they did come off a 10 sack game so i don't know if they were average....maybe just took a little time to get their shit together.
Maybe so on the last part. But the NFL is trash this year, for lack of a better term. Parity is great but the league is looking so mediocre at times. Maybe the latter part of the year will see these teams separate themselves from the pack.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read