Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2010   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What happened at Reliant?!

I have Redzone on Fort Knox, Kentucky which rarely shows Texans games as it is, but when it did flash on there all I heard was booo from the TV. That doesn't top it off 3rd quarter I seen so many empty seats it was sickening, if you do not wanna watch our team win or lose let me know, I will fly down there and watch for the empty seat I seen on the low 50 yard line! We need to improve of course but we have a bye week then its against the Colts, which should be a win anyways but we'll see which Texan team shows up. I apologize for the rest of our team Cush, welcome back....
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happened at Reliant?!

Free time is important to many of us. I turned off the game in the 3rd. A bad team that tries hard deserves our support. The effort we saw this afternoon deserved the stadium they played for.
Old 10-10-2010   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

watching from the tv, the crowd was loud for most of the game until I freaking fell asleep midway in the 4th

even the announcers showed the Texans sideline with about 9 minutes left in the 4th . no emotion, no one trying to fire their team even early in the 2nd when the giantst got to 21-0

Texans got dominated again at home (in a nutshell)

The crowd was there from I can tell and they were loud but the team just didn't have "it"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23831 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Yes, it was the first time i've ever left a game at halftime, it was an incredibly sickening display of football and i don't feel bad at all for leaving. If they really wanted me to stay in my seats they wouldn't have played so badly.

Our defense came out swinging early then our horrid offense sucked the life right out of them.
Old 10-10-2010   #5
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

TBH, this was the first game I've ever attended and I left soon after the 3rd quarter started because we just completely sucked and I didn't like watching my team get murdered on all facets of the game.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Football is supposed to be entertainment right?
Old 10-10-2010   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 27729 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually changed it to the Chiefs at Colts game and fell asleep (this was after the Kareem pick).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2010   #8
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Great, just great; another loss the other fans and I at Reliant are responsible for; sorry guys.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #9
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I actually changed it to the Chiefs at Colts game and fell asleep (this was after the Kareem pick).
Lmao kinda messed up but hilarious...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #10
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It does not make sense to me to leave at a half of any game.

Only half the game has been played, you have no idea what is going to happen the next half.
For all we know as fans, the Texans could have woke up and came back to win this game.
Obviously that did not happen but what if that Washington game was at home and you left?
I would not want to miss that comeback, it just confirms the bandwagon nature of Houston fans.

I know "It's my money and I do what I want blah blah blah!", well thats fine but if I have a chance to watch my Houston Texans live I am going to take that opportunity.
Especially since I am already at the stadium and payed for 4 quarters of football.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 23831 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

If i lived in Houston it might be a different story, but i live in Beaumont an hour and a half away, and the last thing i want to deal with after a brutal loss is bad traffic.

I've missed a few great endings before and close comebacks, but i still have no regrets in it. If the Texans win, whether i'm there or not, i'm still ecstatic. Say what you want when you don't go to alot of games, but i'm sure if you did, you'd eventualyl grow tired and do the same thing.
Old 10-10-2010   #12
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If i lived in Houston it might be a different story, but i live in Beaumont an hour and a half away, and the last thing i want to deal with after a brutal loss is bad traffic.

I've missed a few great endings before and close comebacks, but i still have no regrets in it. If the Texans win, whether i'm there or not, i'm still ecstatic. Say what you want when you don't go to alot of games, but i'm sure if you did, you'd eventualyl grow tired and do the same thing.
Where did you get this false information that I do not go to many games?

Before this year I have been to every single Texans home game since 02 except for 6, including every game in 05.

Now that I live in LA I am not able to go to as many games but I have already made the Dallas game and will make it to as least 2 more games this year.

You bought the tickets so obviously you are going to keep doing what you want and if you are fine with missing the great comebacks and such then so be it, I will just never understand.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #13
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I despise the fair-weather attitude of the seemingly majority of the fans we have at Reliant. Why are you leaving? To beat the traffic that doesn't really exist out of Reliant? After the comeback against Washington - ON THE ROAD - you LITERALLY turn your back on a team that in the 3rd quarter was down by only 2 scores? No wonder the team had no fire. It was like playing at Oakland last week - to a mostly empty stadium by the 3rd whose only cheers came from the opposing team fans that managed to infiltrate us. You people need to learn to stick around until the last seconds, even if it's to boo.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #14
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 6353 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

In my opinion, when a team plays as horribly as they did today, walking out is a valid statement on the part of the fans.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #15
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 6353 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
you LITERALLY turn your back on a team that in the 3rd quarter was down by only 2 scores? No wonder the team had no fire.
It's the fans' fault, huh?
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Where did you get this false information that I do not go to many games?

Before this year I have been to every single Texans home game since 02 except for 6, including every game in 05.

Now that I live in LA I am not able to go to as many games but I have already made the Dallas game and will make it to as least 2 more games this year.

I'm sorry that i don't know every bit of information from your personal life.

From what i originally gathered in the OP, not knowing anything, i assumed that since you lived out of state you didn't go to many.

But anyways, i cheer my ass off for this team week in and week out for 8 years, and was yelling my ass off again today. But today this team was completely unresponsive to anything outside of that first defensive drive until the offense sucked the life out of our defense. I'll be a Texans till the day i die, but when this team decides to play like this i'll decide to leave early and show my frustration for their piss poor play. If you think that's a fair-weather fan or whatever then you go ahead and think that, but i consider it more like a fan who's completely tired of BS football.
Old 10-10-2010   #17
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened at Reliant you ask? Well, after watching this team and damn near losing my voice after watching a game of theirs on Sunday since 2002 I can tell you I saw this a mile away. Really hoped it wouldn't happen, but I know this teams pattern to well.

Bounce back win in Oakland last week after a horrible loss the week before. This means they were due to come home and blow mule **** thinking they were all that and a bag of chips.

Effing small pee-pee football is what we saw on the field because theirs shrank on the field today. So pissed off probably not even making sense right now.

But my main point is after any kind of a "big win" you can STILL effing count on them to turn into female anatomy the next game. I still say playoffs this year but g-damn are they making me start to rethink that a little. Schedule only gets worse!

HOW EFFING BAD ARE WE AT DB DEPTH THAT K-BURNT JUST STAYS ON THE FIELD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened at Reliant is what usually happens at Reliant. The fans over pay for their tickets, over pay for their parking, over pay for the soda and beer, and are rewarded with a half ass effort by a bunch of millionaires who don't care that one game just cost you one months salary.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #19
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
What happened at Reliant is what usually happens at Reliant. The fans over pay for their tickets, over pay for their parking, over pay for the soda and beer, and are rewarded with a half ass effort by a bunch of millionaires who don't care that one game just cost you one months salary.

I just repped you from another post or i would do it again.
Old 10-10-2010   #20
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
It's the fans' fault, huh?
The LOSS is not the fans' fault, but the atmosphere and culture created in that stadium is. Not to mention the humility I have to face with my friends that live outside of Houston that laugh at me every time they see the empty stadium and say "nice hardcore fans you have there".
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read