Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2010   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default It's time to look for a corner in FA or trade

I'm tired of seeing 25 trailing a wide reciever.
Reminds me of the days P-Burnt played.

Obviously we have no pass rush so the corners will remain on islands.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: It's time to look for a corner in FA or trade

Today is the day I lost any shred of optimism regarding Kareem Jackson for this season.
Old 10-10-2010   #3
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

One corner will not fix this problem. Its the whole secondary. Although, I still think DT is just as much of a problem.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

David Gibbs...
Old 10-10-2010   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiddie Corners are killing us. No pass rush and a soft, soft zone coverage is a recipe for disaster.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #6
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

How many corners have come here and ended up sucking? Even the ones who have a good first year end up being terrible. There is more to this problem then just the corners themselves. Whatever we are teaching is clearly not working.
Old 10-10-2010   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

today might be the straw that broke the camels back with me and this secondary.

All game long I couldn't help but think of the offseason "we drafted Jackson because he is the most NFL read cornerback"

I haven't seen anything
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2010   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

F-ing pitiful. I'm gonna have to change my siganture if they don't figure something out in the secondary.

Hell this group doesn't even deserveto be called secondary, they are more like a fourth.

How the hell did this team beat Indy?????????
Old 10-10-2010   #9
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I haven't seen anything

Well I'll tell you what I seen, whatever side he's on they not only throw on but run on also. Just an awful first 5 games for this kid.
nytexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #10
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

To pre-empt anyone who wants to say we should've paid Dunta, I say that $10 million a year isn't worth moving from 32nd to 28th.

If a change has to take place, I'm thinking it's a new DB coach and paying up for a free agent.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
To pre-empt anyone who wants to say we should've paid Dunta, I say that $10 million a year isn't worth moving from 32nd to 28th.

If a change has to take place, I'm thinking it's a new DB coach and paying up for a free agent.
Agreed 100%.
Old 10-10-2010   #12
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats Texans , you made me actually long for a LOCKOUT!
Old 10-10-2010   #13
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Agreed 100%.
Seconded.
Old 10-10-2010   #14
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick Smith is gonna regret not doing more about the secondary in the draft. I like Rick, but if this team ends up missing the playoffs, and regresses record wise, and there are gonna be some people looking for a new job.......
Old 10-10-2010   #15
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Time for a change. Like yesterday! I would take Jaque Reeves in a hearbeat over Kareemed Jackass.
Old 10-10-2010   #16
Jeff S.
Rookie

Rep Power: 43 Jeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
...but if this team ends up missing the playoffs...
No pass rush + this secondary = 8-8 at best.

My faith in Smithiak is pretty shaken right now. That was the epitome of putridity.
Jeff S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #17
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Time for a change. Like yesterday! I would take Jaque Reeves in a hearbeat over Kareemed Jackass.
Added a line to my sig during the game to that effect.
Old 10-10-2010   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

What would it take to get asomugha here? for realz. kareem > dunta but only because dunta-skillz-10 mil=suck. kareem-2 or 3 mil=almost as much suck. Sad that no part of his game is why he's the better option right now....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #19
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think one legitimate corner is the answer. We'll still have a lot of holes in defense. Pollard, while a sound tackler and great in run support, is still a liability in coverage.

I'm also beginning to question whether our atrocious secondary play is a result of poor scheming...
Old 10-10-2010   #20
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
What would it take to get asomugha here? for realz. kareem > dunta but only because dunta-skillz-10 mil=suck. kareem-2 or 3 mil=almost as much suck. Sad that no part of his game is why he's the better option right now....
Whatever it takes, Texans need to do it.

I don't care if it's a 1st round pick, you can't draft anyone better. IMO Texans should have been doing everything they could to get a sure thing at CB, someone you can rely on week in and week out to cover SOMEONE...ANYONE on the opposing team.

Get sick and tired of seeing some random opposing player WIDE OPEN for 10 yards every play.

Giants killed the clock by passing the ball in the 3rd qtr, there was about 7 mins left and the Giants literally just pass the ball down the field and run like 6 mins off the clock. Embarrassing.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read