Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

David Carr should take a look at this

I don't think he's going to be jumping over any fences on a football field, but playing with a ring on is foolish nonetheless...

Its probably just as easy to get it caught on a facemask or something. You lose a bit of body control when stuck in a pile-up with a bunch of 300 pounders and if you get that ring stuck anywhere, you are prone to lose your finger. I wish he would take the ring off myself.

I've heard that he wears tape over the ring and I've also heard that he wears a ring made of just white tape with no real ring underneath....does anyone know which is actually the real story???

Looking at pictures of Carr playing, it does look like he does put tape over his ring. Besides isn't illegal to where jewlery on the playing field?

That has all the earmarks of being a fake. As for Carr, my understanding is he simply wears tape on the finger to signify his love to his wife while playing.

Going into David's fourth season, I can't believe people still cannot get the facts straight. :hairpull:

In the 2002 game against the cowboys, Joe Theisman said that David Carr wears his wedding band with tape over it during games. THAT IS NOT TRUE!

I saw a segment on David during his senior year at Fresno St and he said he wears tape on his ring finger for his wife. He does not actually wear the ring.

I thought this issue would be dead after asking him about it a few times, but apparently not.

David does not wear his wedding band during games. It's just tape.

its illeagal to wear uncovered jewlery. like if u wear tape over a ring its ok and ear rings are ok b/c the helmet covers it. and no he doesnt wear a ring, only the tape, kinda like the Big Show on WWE Smackdown. raslin rules!

Porky said:
That has all the earmarks of being a fake. As for Carr, my understanding is he simply wears tape on the finger to signify his love to his wife while playing.

While that picture might be a fake, it does look like that. We have a guy where I work, that was working on top of a Mud Pump, while wearing his ring. He finished what he was doing & decided to jump off (about 6'-7' up) the pump & caught his ring on something. Yep, it does look like that when your ring is ripped off your finger.

yeah i always see players wearing rings and jewerly on the field, seems a bit dangerious to me, but they make all the money, let them decide !

I don't believe that Tom Brady is married. Otherwise he must have an open marriage since he's been dating girls like Tara Reid and other actresses.

In the first game he wore a ring and taped it i think since then he has changed to a tape piece around his finger. can we locate a pic of his non throwing hand during a game or something to finalize this argument?

OUCH! That had to hurt. I wore a ring in high school and played baskeball. Jammed the finger and had to have paramedics cut the ring off. Pretty stupid on my part. Never again.

I'm a mechanic in the Army and I have seen someone loose a finger when he was messing with a battery and that is a different story, but I usually just tape mine up with electrical tape along with my mechanics gloves. The Army has all kinds of pics showing people loosing there fingers because there rings get caught on something or other and it doesnt look anything like that...well atleast the pics I have seen havent.

GOD!!
Family!!
Country!!
Texans!!!

Back