Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-10-2010   #1
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ribs

I've been contimplating getting an electric smoker for a long time and finally bit the bullet last week for the upcoming Giants game. I'm doing baby back ribs and found what I think is a decent rub online and have already applied said rub and have them cooling in the garage frige.

Here is the rub:

http://www.thesmokerking.com/page6c.html

I'm going to guzzle a couple more brews to help me hit the sack, then I'm getting up at three to put them on the smoker. Planning on doing a five hour smoke at 225. I won't be adding the chips until six AM as I've been told to add the smoke last (mesquite). We'll see how this turns out. If anyone wants to jump in and add any advice I may see in the next hour or so, please jump in. I'll post updates as they unfold.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #2
dbruder44
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 dbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ribs

You always add the smoke first, once meat hits a certain temp say 120-130 smoke can no longer permeate the flesh. Hit it with smoke for the first two hours then wrap in foil to not over smoke then cook as long as you can for them to fall apart

Briskette and pork shoulders get about 4 hours of smoke and about 80 minutes a pound in total

the best rub can be made it has 7 ingrediants

equal parts of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and brown sugar

half part chili powder
quarter part cayenne

If your rub is good the ribs will still be tasty you just won't have imparted as much smoke flavor.
dbruder44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read