Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing: Haunted by Steroid Label

The New York Daily News today ran this extensive article.

Houston LB Brian Cushing, long dogged by steroid talk, returns to Texans Sunday from suspension
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #2
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing: Haunted by Steroid Label

The words sent a chill through her. She asked the man's name, but her son ripped the phone's handle from her fingers before she could listen any longer.

"I'll (expletive) kill you," the son shouted into the mouthpiece.

Cushing was an angry man before..Now, I seriously worry. God, I can see him just losing it and going apeshit on someone.

"If we had traced it, I don't know that he would be on this earth or I would be a free man," says Brian Cushing, who stands 6-foot-3, 260 pounds. "Family is off limits."
Old 10-09-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Wow! The most informative article I have read about Cush!

I really liked reading the following:

Quote:
The text message arrived on Cushing's phone after the Texans took their opener over the Colts last month. It was from Norton Jr., now with the Seattle Seahawks.

They're better without you.

"With or without Brian, the NFL goes on," Norton Jr. says.

On Wednesday morning at 7:45, Texans coach Gary Kubiak stood in front of his team for a meeting, and made an announcement.

"I want to welcome a new player," he said, "Brian Cushing, Southern California."

He was razzed by teammates, told that he was on vacation the last four weeks.

"My favorite Cushing moment was when he became the first two-time rookie of the year," says Antonio Smith, referring to the fact that Cushing retained his award when writers revoted after his suspension was revealed. "That got a lot of laughs."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz11uxNT24v

Quote:
Ryans, the 2005 Defensive Rookie of the Year, remembers what Cushing is like on game day. As at USC, he vomits before each kickoff, making his way into the bathroom to do so out of habit. He emerges with a reddened face and blood-shot eyes.

"I'm like, ‘Well, he got that out of his system,'" Ryans says. "Let's go hit somebody."

I almost feel sorry for Bradshaw, Jacobs, Boss, Manning and any other Giant tomorrow. They are going to be very sore.
Expecially whoever is on the receiving end of that first hit!!!

Old 10-09-2010   #4
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

The man lives football..That is his life. That is all. It's crazy to wondert what the last four weeks have done for his psyche.
Old 10-09-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Vomits before each kickoff?
Old 10-09-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Yep. Still gets nervous.
Old 10-09-2010   #7
Section516 
Warrior

Quote:
Cush is so hardcore, he docent want food weighing him down
Old 10-09-2010   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing better bring it tommorrow.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Cushing better bring it tommorrow.
My only concern is that he may be too fired up.
Old 10-09-2010   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
My only concern is that he may be too fired up.
One thing that I've noticed about Cushing is that when he addresses the media he has always seemed to have his head about him.

He has even said, that he can't get too excited, that he must remember that he is part of a defense, and that he has to remain sound in his techniques and responsibilities.

I am not worried about him getting too excited and costing us by giving up a big play...But I am a bit concerned that he might get a roughness call or something. That's not all that big a deal IMO.

But I think something we have to remember is that it wasn't really all that long ago that he played in a game and put pads on and hit...It was only a month ago...

So it's not like he hasn't played in two years and he's gonna blow his load the second she touches his neck.

I just know that he better show me something tomorrow...All the articles written and all the videos posted...

He better bring the noise.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #11
toxictrix
Rookie

Rep Power: 62 toxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respected

I really want to know how his house is only 1700 sq ft. With a theater and 5 bedrooms.
toxictrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

[edit] nevermind. as you were.

Last edited by powerfuldragon; 10-09-2010 at 11:30 PM. Reason: no point in being mean like that.
powerfuldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ha if you're thinking what i think you are- no it just means before every game lol! he doesnt vomit 5-6 times a game.. poorly worded though

grea article. rep for finding it. beats the 5 paragraph stories the chron throws out. its the first i heard about cush actually passing that lie detector test, i knew he was saying he'd take one but thats far as i thought it went

the dude lives & breathes football. how can you not love having a player like that?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #14
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictrix View Post
I really want to know how his house is only 1700 sq ft. With a theater and 5 bedrooms.
Ya, exactly what I was wondering, gotta be a typo.
Old 10-10-2010   #15
Jeff S.
Rookie

Rep Power: 43 Jeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictrix View Post
The 1700 sq. ft. probably was just the theater.
Jeff S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Badass article. There no cyborgs walking the earth right now to the best of my knowledge.

Cushing is as close as it gets. The 56 Million Dollar Man.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #17
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Looked it up on Ft. Bend Appraisal district and it is 7000 sq. ft.

http://www.fbcad.org/Appraisal/Publi...rID=&NodeID=11
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #18
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I feel like punching someone hardcore right now from that. The Beast gets unleashed in 11 hours!
Old 10-10-2010   #19
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
Looked it up on Ft. Bend Appraisal district and it is 7000 sq. ft.

http://www.fbcad.org/Appraisal/Publi...rID=&NodeID=11
Hopefully that info doesn't include a phone number, would hate to lose Brian for an even more extended period of time.
Old 10-10-2010   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Ken Norton was a mean coach. Texting Brian after the Colts game:

"They're better without you."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read