Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2010   #1
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Roof Status?

When do they announce whether or not the roof will be open for tomorrow's game?

I only get to go once a year and tomorrow is it and was wondering if it will be cool enough for the roof to be open.

I am thinking not since the high is supposed to be on the mid 80's and their policy states is has to be between 50 and 80 at game time.

I can't wait!
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roof Status?

Pesonally, I wish they'd weld that sucker shut. I lik having a loud stadium.
Old 10-09-2010   #3
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Pesonally, I wish they'd weld that sucker shut. I lik having a loud stadium.
It is nice to have a home-field advantage like that.

But football was meant to be played outdoors. Picture-perfect days like today (and tomorrow) are what football fans (and players) live for.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 191859 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Weather.com has the temperature at noon 80° and rising. So, bet on the roof being closed.

I'd like for the roof to be open. But then, my seats aren't in the direct sun. I can understand why those folks would prefer the roof closed.
Old 10-09-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post

But football was meant to be played outdoors. Picture-perfect days like today (and tomorrow) are what football fans (and players) live for.
That's what road games are for. Denver on Dec 26th!
Old 10-09-2010   #6
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

CLOSED
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #7
dianelint
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post

thank you. i am the same way. i bet any amount of the money the ppl complaining about the temp in the stadium stand out in hundred degree weather and tailgate. we never get weather this great very often, open the roof and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!1
dianelint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2010   #8
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Thanks for the link, Stemp - I'll check again before I leave.

I have only been there once with the roof open and it was a cold Monday-night game - great weather!

With the lower humidities we have been having I would think it would be nice to have the roof open tomorrow but it will be great either way - just happy to be getting to go and enjoy it in person!
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #9
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianelint View Post
thank you. i am the same way. i bet any amount of the money the ppl complaining about the temp in the stadium stand out in hundred degree weather and tailgate. we never get weather this great very often, open the roof and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!1
It's 84 degrees outside at 2:23pm as I write this post. It's a spectacular day and, clearly, the noise in the stadium hasn't done diddly to help the good guys win.

Is 84 degrees really too much to bear? Especially when the humidity isn't a factor?

I just can't believe Houston paid all that money for a state of the art retractable roof and then we leave the damned thing closed all the time. Silly.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read