Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2010   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dorin Dickerson active for Giants

Quote:
Houston Texans WR Dorin Dickerson could be active for Week 5 because of the injuries to WRs Andre Johnson (ankle) and Jacoby Jones (calf), according to CBSSports.com.

2010-10-09 08:19:42 | Source: CBSSports.com

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=675...#ixzz11shaWxqL
If he does may I suggest his first play call be the end around reverse they ran for him in the preseason. that should help jumpstart his system & settle down his nerves, he has the playmaking ability to become the Texans #3 WR fairly quickly depending how well he adjusts. I hope he gets his shot, Schaub could use another physical option.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dorin Dickerson active for Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
If he does may I suggest his first play call be the end around reverse they ran for him in the preseason. that should help jumpstart his system & settle down his nerves, he has the playmaking ability to become the Texans #3 WR fairly quickly depending how well he adjusts. I hope he gets his shot, Schaub could use another physical option.
With his size and 4.4 speed, he could remain at his old TE position and present a mismatch nightmare to the Giants' pitiful linebacker corps.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
He's been active. He was active last week and played ST.

When Jacoby went down, I was hoping for him to see his first action. I would love for him to get in there and have a big game.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
With his size and 4.4 speed, he could remain at his old TE position and present a mismatch nightmare to the Giants' pitiful linebacker corps.
I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why we don't see more of James Casey being flexed out of a three TE set.
Old 10-09-2010   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He's been active. He was active last week and played ST.

When Jacoby went down, I was hoping for him to see his first action. I would love for him to get in there and have a big game.
I have been confused about this...

I've heard several people say he didn't play on the message board, but everything I've heard on the radio and from the team seems to suggest that he got a few snaps...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

The last time we saw Dickerson for any extended time he made some really sick catches but dropped some seemingly routine ones. I wonder if he's still inconsistent in practice...? That would be my guess as to why he's not seeing more game time on offense.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

while I understand coaches reluctance based off practice results to insert Dorin (offensive reps) simplify his sets, like I stated get him the ball in some running plays early allowing him to get into the flow of the game before going downfield. with Jacoby out & Andre limited Walter & Anderson will be keyed upon while the Giants DL will focus on stopping the run inside. Texans need to press the edge, Dorin adds another dimension just needs to be reminded of maintaining ball security.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2010   #8
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Dorin Dickerson's coming out party. Watch.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

I've heard several people say he didn't play on the message board, but everything I've heard on the radio and from the team seems to suggest that he got a few snaps...
Hmmm... I only saw him on ST.

I'll go back through the game real quick and see.
Old 10-09-2010   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Another reason might be that he hasn't totally absorbed the offense yet. I mean, the kid was a TE.

Does he have the WR route tree down? On option patterns that require the WR to read the DBs, has he learned how to do that yet and will he see the same thing that Schaub sees?

Maybe if he stayed in A.J.'s back pocket like J.J. (finally) did this past T/C he'd be further along.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

He got 1 snap at 1:18 in the 2nd quarter.

That was a third down play. Matt went back to throw, looked for something but didn't see it, drifted back looking a little jittery and then threw the ball away. He may have been looking in Dorin's direction.
Old 10-09-2010   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though he ran a 4.40, in college, he was never known as someone with up the seam breakaway speed........which may go against the thinking that he can truly sub the loss of JJ or AJ.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #13
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why we don't see more of James Casey being flexed out of a three TE set.
I still prefer my 5 TE Set. Obviousey two of the TE's line up in WR spots, but talk about some mismatchs.

Probably wouldn0t' work but it woldbe fun to try if we blow an opponent out sometime this year.

Talk about mismatches!!! You could even put Casey in the back field and run it in some cases.
Old 10-09-2010   #14
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

Dorin is the next Arian "Arianstotle" Foster!
Old 10-09-2010   #15
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i love me some dorin dickerson!!!!

in madden..... ive played 3 seasons and dorin is at a 87 overall rating! and he is a beastt!!!!!!!! lol but that is madden and this is real life lol

should i take a shot in the dark and pick him up in FF and play him this week? lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He got 1 snap at 1:18 in the 2nd quarter.

That was a third down play. Matt went back to throw, looked for something but didn't see it, drifted back looking a little jittery and then threw the ball away. He may have been looking in Dorin's direction.
Ok...

That sounds right...I thought I saw him in there for at least a play but everyone here was saying he didn't get any snaps...Then I heard them saying he was in on the radio and I think Jacoby had mentioned him getting a snap on the Bernard Pollard show...

But thanks for clearing that up.
Old 10-09-2010   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot pickle View Post
i love me some dorin dickerson!!!!

in madden..... ive played 3 seasons and dorin is at a 87 overall rating! and he is a beastt!!!!!!!! lol but that is madden and this is real life lol

should i take a shot in the dark and pick him up in FF and play him this week? lol
Even as a rookie, he is pretty good despite his overall rating...big target, good hands and he's got good speed...
Old 10-09-2010   #18
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

Lets hope so. If he can earn some playing time, continue to develop, and play well then he could give the team some leverage in the contract negotiations with JJ.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm hoping JJ & KDub break open 100+ yard games.
Old 10-09-2010   #20
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm hoping JJ & KDub break open 100+ yard games.
That'd be cool if Jacoby was playing. Don't think he is. He didn't see the practice field all week.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read