Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-09-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default LOL @ Tech and Tuberville

You think this guy will have a job next season? What kind of moron has 2 onside kicks returned for TDs two weeks in a row?

The Tech players were just standing around looking at the ball as the Baylor player had enough time to stop and thank them before he picked up the ball to walk in for a TD.

BTW, Baylor is pretty fun to watch. I hope they mop the floor with Tech.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LOL @ Tech and Tuberville

Yep, that was a bad case of judgement and poor coaching.

I hope Baylor destroys them.
Old 10-09-2010   #3
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You think this guy will have a job next season? What kind of moron has 2 onside kicks returned for TDs two weeks in a row?

The Tech players were just standing around looking at the ball as the Baylor player had enough time to stop and thank them before he picked up the ball to walk in for a TD.

BTW, Baylor is pretty fun to watch. I hope they mop the floor with Tech.
Whats even more FUNNY is seeing TU get their azz kicked two weeks in a row!!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure they won't lose this weekend...... BEACUSE THEY DO NOT PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2010   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
Whats even more FUNNY is seeing TU get their azz kicked two weeks in a row!!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure they won't lose this weekend...... BEACUSE THEY DO NOT PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, you can keep ribbing me about Texas. It's not that big of deal to me personally. I am more of a NFL fan to be honest. College football to me is just a warm up for Sunday and until they get a real playoff system it's not even really legit to me. Since we are fans of the same NFL team I guess you can't get at me there.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This post has no relevance to this thread. Are you just trying to stir up trouble?
Old 10-09-2010   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a fan of Tuberville. I'm a Mike Leach guy.

Go Red Raiders!
Old 10-09-2010   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
This post has no relevance to this thread. Are you just trying to stir up trouble?
^^^^^

This post has no revelance to this thread.

I need to put the wackybacky down.
Old 10-09-2010   #8
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21537 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Tech leads 35-28 at halftime. Crazy game.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

This post has no relevance to this thread.

brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Not a fan of Tuberville. I'm a Mike Leach guy.

Go Red Raiders!
I'm 100% with ya' on this one.

There are basically THREE reasons Tech fans are going to suffer for a long time:

1. Leach didn't have the smarts to just CUT James from the team. Cut the kid, as a purely "bad attitude, not helping the team" move. Get him gone. Even if you get fired, due to Craig James possibly suing, who cares? Leach would have done the right thing. I guarantee you that Leach, when faced with the same cancerous personality as he dealt with in James at Tech, will make a better decision next time around. I bet he, too, has learned a valuable lesson.

2. Craig James. He is an insufferable thug dressed up in a nice suit, with the best smile money can buy. He espouses his righteous virtue, but he has none in my humble opinion. He single-handedly brought an entire fan base to its knees JUST for his kid's sake. Yeah, that's virtue right there...

3. Tech Administration. They didn't want to pay Leach, and I feel strongly that they didn't want to be embroiled in a Craig James lawsuit. I also believe that there are friendship connections that propagated this whole mess. Craig James and the Tech Administration are m-o-r-o-n-s. Look what you have now: A coach who makes 56 speeches to unify the city yet can't produce on the field. Yay!

I might not have Leach's Red Raider team to watch anymore, but at least I have my WTAMU Buffaloes (Div II) who run Leach's spread attack and run it to perfection. Just beat the crap out of Tarleton State University (Stephenville, TX) last night 48-17, with TSU's two TDs coming off fluke situations and not a result of our defense doing anything wrong. Otherwise it would have been 48-3.

I will become a fan of whatever team Leach coaches next. Period. I have that much faith in the guy, and so will the recruits who will want to play for the guy. And in the end, Craig James and his kid will forever be seen as the two people who killed Tech football. That will be THEIR legacy. I guarantee you.
Old 10-10-2010   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

University of Houston, IMO, is THE perfect place for Leach.

The amount of talent in the Houston-Louisiana area is crazy. Pure athletes.

That college would explode. And, even better, it's a gulf city...which makes his pirate persona all the more better.
Old 10-10-2010   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

fat little girlfriends.

LOL...

Gawd I admire that man.
Old 10-10-2010   #13
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21537 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking as a Tec alum: Regardless of my feelings toward Leach, the administration and the punk who shall not be named, I'm not ready to give up on Tuberville just yet. This man compiled a winning record in the SEC; that has to mean something good. I won't judge him until the end of his third season here.

He also called out the Big 12 brass for their impotence during the conference realignment, so right away he has some good qualities as our coach.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They aren't beating the Huskers either.
Old 10-10-2010   #15
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure hope NOT! Go HUSKERS!
Old 10-11-2010   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny enough, Tech has already locked up the top defensive recruit in the state for next year's class.

The reason: Tuberville

I think Tuberville is a step back from Leach, but I don't think Tech is done. This program will always be what it always has been, and that's a middle of the pack team.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I second this.

When the comments are always uninformed random comments to get a rise or a response it's just trolling.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Funny enough, Tech has already locked up the top defensive recruit in the state for next year's class.

I think Tuberville is a step back from Leach, but I don't think Tech is done. This program will always be what it always has been, and that's a middle of the pack team.
Exactly. Being out there in Lubbock will always make it difficult for them. With Leach they just constantly over achieved, but were never going to become a true powerhouse type of team that could acquire top tier talent.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

Speaking of David.

http://www.rockdalereporter.com/news...six_weeks.html
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read