Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Best Trio in the NFL according to Mark Schlereth

They were talking about Favre, Peterson, and Moss on NFL Live as possibly the best triplets in the NFL. However Schlereth said "No, I like Schaub, Foster, and Andre Johnson, those guys are great right now.".
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best Trio in the NFL according to Mark Schlereth

Dre is probably the best WR in the game and doesnt bring the same crap that Moss does. Moss wouldnt be on my short list of the "current" best wr's in the game ..... that would come down to AJ and Fitz in AZ.

Foster ... wow , who coulda seen this comin? He doesnt put the ball on the ground much either. AP is a beast tho ....

The difference is probably more between Schaub and Favre in that Schaub is a bit more careful with the ball and Favre is what he is ..... a gunslinger.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Any votes for Johnson, Foster and the Offensive Line?

Old 10-06-2010   #4
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell yeah. Favre and Moss have really underperformed this year so far.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was going to say ADAP was the better back, but I'm not so sure. Foster is defiantly the better COMPLETE back. His receiving skills far out distance AP. Foster's vision is uncanny. I've never seen a back that misses holes less than Foster. I do get nervous with how Foster carries the ball, but so far so good.

AJ vs Moss is no contest, as is Schaub vs Favre, IMO.
Old 10-07-2010   #6
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I'm sorry but if the vikings want to trade Arian for Adrian, I'd have to jump on that trade.. I think Arian will be a good back, but I know Adrian is.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #7
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

The debate itself is dumb. Favre, Peterson and Moss have played zero games together. Sure, Favre has wanted Moss for years, but we don't know how they will connect.

We have no idea how Favre, Peterson and Moss will gel together as teammates, we don't know how they will work in Minnesota's offensive scheme, we don't know how they will be coached, we don't know how the offensive line will adjust for them, we don't know how opposing defenses will try and stop them.

As we all know, football is about strategy, timing and adjustments. I think we should wait and see what happens with Minnesota's golden "trio" before we start discussing them.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2010   #8
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I'm sorry but if the vikings want to trade Arian for Adrian, I'd have to jump on that trade.. I think Arian will be a good back, but I know Adrian is.
That kind of logic is confusing. If you think Arian will be a good back, why not keep him? Sure, Adrian is a good back, but would he fit into Kubiak's system? Football much more complicated than either/or.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I was going to say ADAP was the better back, but I'm not so sure. Foster is defiantly the better COMPLETE back. His receiving skills far out distance AP. Foster's vision is uncanny. I've never seen a back that misses holes less than Foster. I do get nervous with how Foster carries the ball, but so far so good.

AJ vs Moss is no contest, as is Schaub vs Favre, IMO.
I still feel it's way too early to claim Foster is better than Peterson. AD is THE running back that everyone should want on their team. He is a beast.
Old 10-07-2010   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Is AP still having fumbling issues? I remember him getting benched last season after losing some crucial fumbles. That issue alone negates almost everything else for me.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I still feel it's way too early to claim Foster is better than Peterson. AD is THE running back that everyone should want on their team. He is a beast.
Foster just does the little things better, IMO. Peterson is a beast. And the best runner. I just think Foster has better vision and receiving skills.
Old 10-07-2010   #12
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Foster just does the little things better, IMO. Peterson is a beast. And the best runner. I just think Foster has better vision and receiving skills.
All that is true through 4 games this season. If Foster can do this the whole season I might be singing a different tune.
Old 10-07-2010   #13
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

AP is a better running back. Not very close. If you ask me I think Foster is better for our system, but he is not even close to as good as AP all around.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #14
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
AP is a better running back. Not very close. If you ask me I think Foster is better for our system, but he is not even close to as good as AP all around.
I have to agree. Adrian Petersen is one of the best running backs I have ever watched. There's no doubt in my mind he'd fit any system he's put in. There's no coach in the league that would take Foster over Petersen right now.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

As we all know, football is Sunday to Sunday. And for right now (and who knows how long it will last) Foster is better than Peterson. As to Moss, Do Not Want.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Palmer Owens OchoCinco?

jk

let's see....3 guys who have busted their collective ass for everything they have...

....or 3 guys who have NEVER not even once matched up to the hype.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #17
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

The Vickings trio are proven and will probably all be hall of famers, but in 2010 I would not trade any of my three for any of there three or any other three in the league. AJ willl more than likely be a HOFer and who knows what will happen with the other two, but I do know are trio is Deadly!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #18
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
All that is true through 4 games this season. If Foster can do this the whole season I might be singing a different tune.
Better get ready to tune up then. He's done it for 6 consecutive games and has proven he's not a fluke. The man is the real deal. If his maturity will catch up, look out. We'll enjoy watching this guy continue doing what he's been doing for a while. Hide-n-watch

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Some other trios worth considering, provided you don't have to have QB, WR, RB:

Peyton, Wayne, Clark (Collie?)

Flacco, Rice, Boldin

Brees, Colston, Thomas (when healthy, but AJ was out last week too)

Big Ben, Mendenhall, Ward

Ryan, Turner, Roddy White

Rivers, Gates, Tolbert

Young, CJ, ??? lol
Old 10-07-2010   #20
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Some other trios worth considering, provided you don't have to have QB, WR, RB:

Peyton, Wayne, Clark (Collie?)

Flacco, Rice, Boldin

Brees, Colston, Thomas (when healthy, but AJ was out last week too)

Big Ben, Mendenhall, Ward

Ryan, Turner, Roddy White

Rivers, Gates, Tolbert

Young, CJ, ??? lol
lol, Must spead rep!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read