Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-06-2010   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Parking Fees

Every season (damn near, anyway), parking fees have gone up. Last I checked, they haven't widened spaces or started paving the lots in gold, so what are the increases for? Until the recent change in tailgating, I guess I always assumed the ever-increasing fees were to pay for extra security and lot attendants and such. Evidently, that extra money hasn't gone to that. Anyone have any insight?
Old 10-06-2010   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Parking Fees

Free market - if they charge more and people still come, expect them to charge even more the year after that.

Same with season tickets. Until they price themselves into black out territory I imagine they'll keep going up.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Parking Fees

If the market can bear it....
Old 10-06-2010   #4
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

To pay for the first 2 games that had all the extra security and such

It's business, it's The NFL, it's America!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

OK, so pure profit is the answer. Hey, that's fine. I stopped giving them money already.
Old 10-06-2010   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Inflation
Old 10-06-2010   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Inflation. Plus economic supply and demand. Our demand is forcing prices to go up.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2010   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It is a fraction of the cost of other teams parking, It is reasonable for situation, ie the platinum verses the yellow. We as season Ticket Holders do not mind paying a 3 dollar increase if that happens, I would think that if the Texans were selling multiple passes to season ticket holders and telling others that they cannot buy multiple then that is bogus. But over all I am comfortable with the charges and It is better than going to a movie and paying 12 dollars for popcorn and a coke.

I am totally against tailgating with out a ticket to a game, Puts thieves in the lots and we get our liquor robbed more time than I can count. It has gotten better but the thought of getting violated by a thieve in the parking lot with God standing on top of the stadium is what makes me want the death penalty for thieves. You rob my house day or night and the good Lord just might have to introduce you to jesus.
Old 10-06-2010   #9
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Inflation... salaries are always going up...if ticket prices go up, and beer prices go up, so why not get more for parking... It will always be like this, get used to it or get out is the only option...and well I will get used to it until I cannot any longer..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010   #10
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Puts thieves in the lots and we get our liquor robbed more time than I can count.
Joe, that's just Texan Bill.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-06-2010   #11
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Joe, that's just Texan Bill.
Now that is funny !!!
Old 10-06-2010   #12
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
It is a fraction of the cost of other teams parking, It is reasonable for situation, ie the platinum verses the yellow. We as season Ticket Holders do not mind paying a 3 dollar increase if that happens, I would think that if the Texans were selling multiple passes to season ticket holders and telling others that they cannot buy multiple then that is bogus. But over all I am comfortable with the charges and It is better than going to a movie and paying 12 dollars for popcorn and a coke.

I am totally against tailgating with out a ticket to a game, Puts thieves in the lots and we get our liquor robbed more time than I can count. It has gotten better but the thought of getting violated by a thieve in the parking lot with God standing on top of the stadium is what makes me want the death penalty for thieves. You rob my house day or night and the good Lord just might have to introduce you to jesus.
Want a real analysis of the prices (it shows our parking as $15 last year)?

Look no further.. Link to Fan Cost Index
Old 10-06-2010   #13
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 30235 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post

Wow.. cowboys are boning people... They can keep their stadium..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010   #14
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yellow was 18 last year...that is the cheapest lot out of all of them. Their #'s must be flawed.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010   #15
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

These rates are nowhere close. At the Raider game last week, I paid $33.00 for parking and $9.50 for a beer.
Old 10-08-2010   #16
hobie
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
These rates are nowhere close. At the Raider game last week, I paid $33.00 for parking and $9.50 for a beer.
I'm going to Dallas in 2 weeks to see the Giants play there and I scored a parking pass for $50 and that was cost...and in lot 15, which is one of the furthest away...wow
Old 10-08-2010   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I'm going to Dallas in 2 weeks to see the Giants play there and I scored a parking pass for $50 and that was cost...and in lot 15, which is one of the furthest away...wow
Let me point out the numerous problems with this post......
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-08-2010   #18
hobie
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Let me point out the numerous problems with this post......
Well it is the bye week for the Texans.. that is why I am going. And well it sure as hell isn't for the Cowboys.
Remember, you can take the boy out of NY but ya can't take the NY out of the boy..
Old 10-11-2010   #19
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Y'all need a lesson in NFL Economics 101.

Parking fees are non-shared revenue as defined by the NFL revenue sharing agreement. The #1 priority of all NFL teams in to increase non-shared revenue. When the Texans raise parking fees, every single penny of the increase ends up in the pockets of Bob McNair and his fellow investors that own the team. The same cannot be said for ticket prices, beer prices, food prices, t-shirt sales and many other revenue streams.

Just get it through your head that the price to park at Texans games is going to continue to increase EVERY YEAR until people stop buying parking passes.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read