Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to the OCTAGON!

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
So on the radio this morning John Lopez and Mark Vandameer talked about the nickname "House of Pain" and how they got it. The story goes that a player (who was big into martial arts and went to a dojo) said "Welcome to the House of Pain" at the beginning of the game.

I drew a connection because Cush trains in MMA and how cool it would be for one of the players, or him, to say "Welcome to the Octagon!"

What do yall think?

(I know, I know. There is the rule that fans cant nickname the team, players, or field.)

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
So on the radio this morning John Lopez and Mark Vandameer talked about the nickname "House of Pain" and how they got it. The story goes that a player (who was big into martial arts and went to a dojo) said "Welcome to the House of Pain" at the beginning of the game.

I drew a connection because Cush trains in MMA and how cool it would be for one of the players, or him, to say "Welcome to the Octagon!"

What do yall think?

(I know, I know. There is the rule that fans cant nickname the team, players, or field.)
I think that would only apply if our stadium was in an octagon shape.

eriadoc

Texan-American
"Welcome to the house of the defense that gives up a ton of passing yards!"

Meh, doesn't quite have that catchiness to it. I'll work on it.

drewmar74

disgruntled
I don't know, I'm looking for something a bit more cerebral... lets go with "Welcome to the Archimedean spiral" :)
Man, I dig that. Rolls right off the tongue!

I can see it now.....

Gameday at Reliant. Roof closed... stadium lights turned down. GNR's "Welcome to the Jungle" starts pumping through the PA system.

Then Kubes, mic'd up and wearing a big black cape, runs to the 50 yard line. All while carrying a flaming trident. He spikes the trident into the turf and yells "Welcome to the Archimedean Spiral!" at the opposing sideline. After an extended glare at the visiting team's players he stomps back to our sidelines.

All this is followed, of course, by the singing of the national anthem. Oh, and Toro riding a zip line.

*note to self: send this suggestion to Texans FO

drewmar74

disgruntled
+1 really octagon? Is Tina Turner gonna cable ride down and two people fight to the death before the game?
This may work for us.

Mario + David Anderson = Master Blaster

Our Master Blaster against whoever the opposing team wants to have fight them.

JT

Justin Tripper
I'm sure Dana White will want his cut, I heard he has that and other phrases copyrighted....

drewmar74

disgruntled
Isn't someone else already called the Thunderdome?
I was referring to the whole Mad Max genre.

Maybe we could get Kubiak to wear a lot of leather and get a dog to follow him around. I wonder if Fetch Monster is still available.

OHHHHHH MAN! We could get Cushing to be this guy:

Shaft75

All Pro
Since we're always great at the end of the season we could be... (drumroll please)

The Late Bloomers

Anyone see the actual movie The Octagon? Made in 1980, starred Chuck Norris fighting a ton of random ninjas. Antonio Smith has probably seen this movie quite a few times. Its one of those movies that's bad enough to be good.