Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tape Study: Texans 31, Raiders 24 -- Ugly Is As Ugly Does (I)

From a blogger who typically has some very good insights. He also credits and links Barrett/DaleMurphy's TBB.

Tape Study: Texans 31, Raiders 24 -- Ugly Is As Ugly Does (I)
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tape Study: Texans 31, Raiders 24 -- Ugly Is As Ugly Does (I)

Great shots of more of the creative blitzes. I'm not as woeful of the pass pro as he is though. I'll see his concerns about Kareem but I'll raise them to hopeful. I don't think it's realistic to expect him to look solid on every snap. He looks good at times and bad at times. I think he's trying too hard. His tackling is not as sound as it was earlier in the season but that can be said for the entire D. Could he look better? Yes. Will he?..... oh isn't that the million dollar question. I think they can all look better on defense.

All I can say is Frank Bush Defense 2.0 was installed Monday morning when Brian Cushing was waiting at the front gate.

The other 10 guys should all look better on every snap.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just left feeling whatever after reading that.

On the play he's showing about problems with our play action passing, the play busted because Vonta Leach fell down going through the line. Schaub strung the play out waiting for someone to come free and no one did. That's not a bad play. And we had a beautiful TD on a play action so... whatever.

We have problems with our pass blocking. OK. I don't think they're that bad. Schaub needs to get rid of the ball and guys need to get open. The Raiders have good DBs and our guys weren't getting free. But our stats would have looked a lot better if JJ had caught a couple of balls that he should have caught. And we didn't have AJ playing.

So... I'm not worried about our passing attack.

We let the Raiders complete some passes when we were in zone. OK.

We need to play better defense. OK. We should be playing better D in the next game or so.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010   #4
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hated how he had the plays already playing there. Gave me a headache trying to read the paragraphs between all the damn motion going on.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I was just left feeling whatever after reading that.

On the play he's showing about problems with our play action passing, the play busted because Vonta Leach fell down going through the line. Schaub strung the play out waiting for someone to come free and no one did. That's not a bad play. And we had a beautiful TD on a play action so... whatever.
Did you see Winston on that play? If Vonta didn't fall down, that guy that Winston ignores would have been there to pressure Matt.

I don't know what he was thinking, or what he was trying to do, but surely that wasn't it.

However, I don't think that is a chronic problem we've been having this year, at least it hasn't stuck out yet this year. Same as Vonta falling down... how often does that happen?

Personally, I think our play-action has been working well this year. I think the Raiders were looking for it Sunday, & we went to a little too often.

We'd have done better with more pitches & screens.
Old 10-06-2010   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if we come out the way we did last Sunday, with going to the play action right away we will be successful. After Foster's game, NYG will be trying to stop him early.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read