Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2010   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So we gonna pretend Foster isn't on pace for 2,000?

It's not a jinx if we don't acknowledge it!
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So we gonna pretend Foster isn't on pace for 2,000?

Im just enjoying that CJ2k is on pace for <4 ypc and <1500 yards
Old 10-04-2010   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

And delete.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
What's the rule about talking to a pitcher while he's throwing a no-no??? You DON"T talk about it or you don't talk to him about it...
Old 10-04-2010   #5
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
To the question posed in the title, "yes."

We haven't faced any real defenses yet (other than Dallas.) We still have
on tap: Jets, Chiefs, Chargers, Ravens, Jags (twice), Titans (twice), Eagles

That's a hell of a slate, and that's because I'm selling the Giants short. Indy
and Tennessee smashed them by running the ball on them. I think the Texans
plan to do the same. The Texans played a good four games, but it
gets A LOT tougher from here.

P.S.
Yes, I say the Chiefs are a team to be reckoned with, because they have
Romeo Crennell AND Charlie Weis as coordinators with a ton of young
talent. It's no fluke the Chiefs look poised to win the AFC West.
Old 10-04-2010   #6
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

P.S.
Amen, bro. Let's check ourselves. Foster is exciting to watch, but let's take it one day at a time.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I have Arian on several fantasy teams and I would be happy if he only got 1500 yards rushing.
Old 10-04-2010   #8
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What's the rule about talking to a pitcher while he's throwing a no-no??? You DON"T talk about it or you don't talk to him about it...
This.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #9
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-04-2010   #10
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

P.S.
lost me at jags, titans and eagles. but you are right to a point. it's early.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #11
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
lost me at jags, titans and eagles. but you are right to a point. it's early.
When I mentioned the Jags, Titans, Eagles, I'm speaking about the matchup
problems they pose for the Texans. Can't look at stats to tell the whole
story. Otherwise, I'd simply ask how many games can the Texans win
with the worst defense (statistically) in the NFL? But, I didn't go there.
Old 10-04-2010   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I really wish I lived in a world where fan desires actually influenced what happens on the field. Because in this alternate world, Earl would be sporting multiple rings...

While it would be nice if #23 hit that mark, it has to be in context to direct correlation of wins that get us into the playoffs and beyond. Otherwise, it's just another personal record that will be left in the dustbin of history when 18 game seasons become the norm.
Old 10-04-2010   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we plan to share the load more so than would give Foster a chance at 2,000. His carries have been steadily declining over the first 4 games. Ward has emerged as a viable option and Slaton is north of 5 ypc.

On the other hand he has looked unstoppable at times. If we let him carry 20 times a game I could see it because he only needs to average 100 yards per game from here on out to achieve it.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #14
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I really wish I lived in a world where fan desires actually influenced what happens on the field. Because in this alternate world, Earl would be sporting multiple rings...

While it would be nice if #23 hit that mark, it has to be in context to direct correlation of wins that get us into the playoffs and beyond. Otherwise, it's just another personal record that will be left in the dustbin of history when 18 game seasons become the norm.
Sorry still think noone can touch the prime days of Barry Sanders, and Erik Dickerson.. and if Bo Jackson had ever played football seriously...

18 game seasons will only make it harder IMHO, teams will be carrying 2 running backs and split time, 18 games is a lot of beatings.. I really hope they don't do an 18 game season.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #15
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's no fluke the Chiefs look poised to win the AFC West.
they dont have a very strong schedule but imo SD will take the west again when its all said & done. i see 8-9 win for the chiefs. they dont have a qb
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #16
sportfan73
Rookie

Rep Power: 136 sportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respected

and yet no one is mentioning in MVP talks, all I hear is how Vick was the MVP of the first 4 weeks and all that bull****
sportfan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #17
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
When I mentioned the Jags, Titans, Eagles, I'm speaking about the matchup
problems they pose for the Texans. Can't look at stats to tell the whole
story. Otherwise, I'd simply ask how many games can the Texans win
with the worst defense (statistically) in the NFL? But, I didn't go there.
Oh ok. Makes sense. We know the jags and titans story...always tough. and yeah, sure, the eagles pose an issue.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #18
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfan73 View Post
and yet no one is mentioning in MVP talks, all I hear is how Vick was the MVP of the first 4 weeks and all that bull****
on nfl.com, irvin & deion mention him (they only name him & their 2 actual choices)

deion chose matthews which is a decent choice
irvin chose LT (wtf! to be fair deion just said 'thats it.. im leaving! after he chose LT). one of the rare occassions i actually found deion funny
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #19
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

P.S.
C'mon... you don't give us one iota of credit until after we prove something. Take the Chiefs off your list, & I agree 100%. It ain't gonna happen.

As far as the Chiefs.... they may look good now, but them suckers ain't faced the Texans yet.
Old 10-04-2010   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
C'mon... you don't give us one iota of credit until after we prove something. Take the Chiefs off your list, & I agree 100%. It ain't gonna happen.

As far as the Chiefs.... they may look good now, but them suckers ain't faced the Texans yet.
The Texans have the best, in my opinion, running attack in the NFL.
There's your "iota."

I'm itchin' to see what this team looks like post bye-week. If they lose
EITHER of the next two games, expect me to become even MORE of
an a-hole. LOL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read