Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-04-2010   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Broncos' Orton labels Titans defense 'cheap' in Broncos' win

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

"When we've got Chris Kuper with his helmet off, getting punched, it's ridiculous. If that's the type of player Cortland Finnegan wants to be, well then he's a cheap player, he's not a good player."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Broncos' Orton labels Titans defense 'cheap' in Broncos' win

Finnegan was also saying how happy he was that their d coordinator was flicking the bird to the refs. The guy is becoming a joke of a player. Gets beat constantly and talks a big game that he can't back up
Old 10-04-2010   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87506 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

i've never liked this dude. He reminds me of the little punks on b-ball courts that talk major smack about your game from the sideline & everyone knows he's trash.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I absolutely despise finnegan. Good thing he is AJ's personal *****.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Part of the reason why I've been asking for wholesale coaching changes for the last 3 years.

There is no chance in hell this team will ever win with Jeff Fisher as HC - I too believe the Titans are a cheap team (something clearly the coaches have let happen culture-wise), every game they are in at least 4 or 5 melees and I've come to realize that at some point, its not them, its you.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #6
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I absolutely despise finnegan. Good thing he is AJ's personal *****.
this^
Old 10-04-2010   #7
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe every team needs one dirty player to be an enforcer (Jarred Allen, Albert Haynesworth, etc) but Finnegan is such a *****.

Many opponents consider our own Bernard Pollard to be dirty, but he usually takes care of business with legal hits, not a random melee
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2010   #8
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

TexansTalk's Seņor Stan labels Broncos' Orton redundant.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #9
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Part of the reason why I've been asking for wholesale coaching changes for the last 3 years.

There is no chance in hell this team will ever win with Jeff Fisher as HC - I too believe the Titans are a cheap team (something clearly the coaches have let happen culture-wise), every game they are in at least 4 or 5 melees and I've come to realize that at some point, its not them, its you.
Toronto, you just personally need a franchise change. Don't stop at the HC. It starts from the top and who knows when that will change.

You just need to come back to your roots as a NFL fan. Come back to "Gawd's country" and you will be fine. Us Houston fans will accept back with little questions asked.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Toronto, you just personally need a franchise change. Don't stop at the HC. It starts from the top and who knows when that will change.

You just need to come back to your roots as a NFL fan. Come back to "Gawd's country" and you will be fine.

That's right Hook-em! He needs to leave the Tinnbreds and become a proud member of the best fanbase in the world!

Even though a bunch of the complainers after this latest win makes me question that a little bit...
Old 10-04-2010   #11
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Thread derailment:

Former Texan Jason Babin has 19 tackles, 4 sacks, and 1 forced fumble so far. Not bad IMO...

Fact

Vince Young Sucks

That is all...
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

You just need to come back to your roots as a NFL fan. Come back to "Gawd's country" and you will be fine. Us Houston fans will accept back with little questions asked.
This Toronto ^^^^^^^, this ^^^^^^!!
Old 10-04-2010   #13
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
i've never liked this dude. He reminds me of the little punks on b-ball courts that talk major smack about your game from the sideline & everyone knows he's trash.
Dude we have been through this before. I told you I sprained my ankle earlier that day, and your game WAS trash. I would have crossed you over so bad, if it wasn't for my ankle you know...

Old 10-04-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

That fake-ass Irishman is such a cheap shottin' sumbitch! Remember the punches to Steve Slaton. Remember him riding AJ's back into the ground... I agree with Tailgate, he is AJ's beyotch!!
Old 10-04-2010   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Yeah, we had them too. The guy that would always call a foul on you if you so much as touched him........after his shot missed. Then wondered why the physical play with an innocent look...lol. Also a hard fouler and never agreed he fouled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That fake-ass Irishman is such a cheap shottin' sumbitch! Remember the punches to Steve Slaton. Remember him riding AJ's back into the ground... I agree with Tailgate, he is AJ's beyotch!!
This. ^

---------------

Come on back to the real world Toronto, we'll leave the light on for ya.
Old 10-05-2010   #16
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree with your last sentence. If you are judging him based off his performance against AJ, then yea. AJ is the best in the game. Finnegan does very well and is a very good CB. Or maybe our definitions of "constantly" is different?

I can't refute that he's a dirty player, and I can't say I don't like it. Its purely one of those "he's my guy, so I think it's ok" situations. I always hated Rodney Harrison because of how dirty he was. Hines Ward is my guy, though, I don't think he's dirty.

Quote:
Finnegan aspires to be more like Ward

“It’s a compliment. That’s absolutely a compliment,” Finnegan said. “He was voted the league’s dirtiest player, so you’ve got to give it up for him. For someone to say something as nice as that, I appreciate it. I’m number [six] right now, but I’m aspiring to one day hopefully be No. 1. So, I appreciate it.”

Read the rest...
And Toronto, this is not the reason Fisher will never win a Super Bowl. That would be solely blamed on his stubbornness.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010   #17
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Broncos' Orton labels Titans defense 'cheap' in Broncos' win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

"When we've got Chris Kuper with his helmet off, getting punched, it's ridiculous. If that's the type of player Cortland Finnegan wants to be, well then he's a cheap player, he's not a good player."
So why does a goon play football? Shouldn't he be playing hockey? The question is, why does the coach keep playing him? What does that say about the coach?
Old 10-05-2010   #18
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You all need to know the reason teetons will not win the big dance and that is BUD ADAMS
Old 10-05-2010   #19
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post

I agree with you , if you harken back to the brawl on the sidelines against us last year. It was sparked after Cortie "andre humper" Finnegan decided to jump on Andre's back provoking the normally stoic johnson to get in his face. The Texans were sparked by that and the momentum continued in the Texans direction when Bullock cheap shotted DA on the sidelines and the team led by Jacoby Jones came together to beat them down. When I saw Eric Winston having to be pulled off of KVB I said to myself...hmmm we have a football team. It was at that moment the team came together as a cohesive unit and that maturation seems to have carried on to this years team's desire to take the division from those who have pushed them around in the past.

If the media thinks the Titans are dirty now...wait until they play the Texans, a team they dont like and Cortie has an inferiority complex against, then they will have the evidence they need to come to the conclusion we have for years, the Titans are a dirty cheap shotting team with low class on and off the field.

I am sorry to say it like that toronto, but I think Jeff Fisher's class has been overcome by the owners crass.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010   #20
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16491 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Even though a bunch of the complainers after this latest win makes me question that a little bit...
Look, I'm sorry about that thread. I was hungry, I was frustrated by ten straight Oakland points and I had to give up beer for the previous two weeks to help fit a backpacking trip into my budget. I won't do it again, I promise.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read