Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Season is 25% over. :Positive notes:

Blake

MMQB
Hey everyone. We are a quarter way through the season, have a 3-1 overall record with a 1-0 division record beating Peyton Manning and the Dolts. And just beat a decent Raiders team without Andre Johnson, Duane Brown and Brian Cushing!

Undrafted Arian Foster has risen like a phoenix out of the ashes that were our ground game. A true gem out of the 2009 rookie class.

Wow is all I can say. This team has proved me wrong so far and overcame adversity when it matters.

Any other positives you can think of?

:texan:

Can I get the title cleaned up? Got an extra N on season. Woops!

Edit: Yall could just give me mod rights. I wouldnt complain. :)

Earl Mitchell looks great at times
Smith has gotten more consistent opposite Mario
Nolan could be a gem at FS

Yeah, the big obvious is the ground game. Props to the O-line as well as AF. Also:

Joel Dreessen -- steps up again as OD continues to get back to speed.

Rashard Butler -- not hearing his name called is a GOOD thing. No sacks yesterday for Schaub. Quality depth means the Texans are really on the right track. (Er...except for the secondary...)

But the resurgence of the running game dwarfs everything else. Remember when a five yard running play was something to celebrate?

1) I think our secondary has gotten better each game. I'm not sure of the numbers, but I think the opposing QB's passing totals have gone down each game. They still have much to improve, but that is still a positive sign.

2) We have a running game that teams actually have to game-plan for now.

3) Kubiak hasn't cost us any games with stupid decisions. It appears that he has grown along with this young team.

Can the secondary play more consistently? PLEASE!

Not sure you understand the purpose of this thread. LMAO.

Troy Nolan has proven that he make plays when given the chance. Bernard Pollard as shown he can jack you up if you dont slide.

Also KJ looked good on a couple of plays yesterday. Staying on the receivers like glue.

1) I think our secondary has gotten better each game. I'm not sure of the numbers, but I think the opposing QB's passing totals have gone down each game. They still have much to improve, but that is still a positive sign.

2) We have a running game that teams actually have to game-plan for now.

3) Kubiak hasn't cost us any games with stupid decisions. It appears that he has grown along with this young team.

I thought he handled the Foster deal real well because I felt he learned from the mistake he made last year when he benched Jacoby the whole game vs. Jville and we needed to win that game to put ourselves in serious playoff contention.

Back