Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2010   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Giants/Texans

I was feeling pretty good about this game until I watched the Giants last night. They sacked Cutler 9 times in the first half and he left with a concussion.

Our O-line has not been the best at preventing the D from getting to Schaub, what do we have to do to make sure we don't have the same problem?
Old 10-04-2010   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Giants/Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogkimmy View Post
I was feeling pretty good about this game until I watched the Giants last night. They sacked Cutler 9 times in the first half and he left with a concussion.

Our O-line has not been the best at preventing the D from getting to Schaub, what do we have to do to make sure we don't have the same problem?
I watched the game last night with the same concerns. The Giants were going through the Bears line like it wasn't even there. Now, I don't know if the Bears have a good line, a crap line, or what but I do know that we need to prepare for this. The part that worried me most was how easily the Giants seemed to stuff the run. We have to be able to run on them to keep them off Schaub. Being able to run the football will win that game.
Old 10-04-2010   #3
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think most of the 11 sacks have been Schaub's fault. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. Well, maybe not most, but I think he can do a better job. Plus, if we run the ball effectively we can keep them from coming after Schaub with reckless abandon.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

That system is why Cutler got roasted.

They don't have max protect schemes. 5 receivers every play. it's why Kurt Warner got destroyed before he left STL. Mike Martz is going to get Cutler killed.

To be fair though, Cutler did hold on to the ball a little too long on a couple sacks. Also though, the Bears didn't try to establish a run game. Texans no doubt will do the opposite.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #5
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I watched the game last night with the same concerns. The Giants were going through the Bears line like it wasn't even there. Now, I don't know if the Bears have a good line, a crap line, or what but I do know that we need to prepare for this. The part that worried me most was how easily the Giants seemed to stuff the run. We have to be able to run on them to keep them off Schaub. Being able to run the football will win that game.
Matt Forte is always stuffed though. Look at the other RBs who have played against the Giants. They did well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I think most of the 11 sacks have been Schaub's fault. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. Well, maybe not most, but I think he can do a better job. Plus, if we run the ball effectively we can keep them from coming after Schaub with reckless abandon.
Yeah, a lot were Schaub's fault. Three out of the four sacks against Dallas were Schaub's fault. He should have ran for a close first down or threw the ball away.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #6
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

They don't have max protect schemes. 5 receivers every play. it's why Kurt Warner got destroyed before he left STL. Mike Martz is going to get Cutler killed.

To be fair though, Cutler did hold on to the ball a little too long on a couple sacks. Also though, the Bears didn't try to establish a run game. Texans no doubt will do the opposite.
Yeah most of those sacks were on Cutler. The Bears also don't run enough. I think we have to start out running the ball against Giants. We have to keep it close so we aren't forced to pass. And for the love of god, keep the pass routes short.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #7
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Giants rushed mostly 4.

Cutler was the cause of most of his problems. He held the ball way too long trying to waitl till someone deep was open, instead of taking the open short receivers.
Old 10-04-2010   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

easy two backs to protect Schaub and hit walters, AJ, Jacoby, anderson etc etc
Old 10-04-2010   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Is steriod boy still going to be on Suspension?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #10
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Nope. He'll be back.
Old 10-04-2010   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Giants rushed mostly 4.

Cutler was the cause of most of his problems. He held the ball way too long trying to waitl till someone deep was open, instead of taking the open short receivers.
Agreed. Cutler was very, very bad in the game last night. He was being selfish looking for the big play every down rather than hitting the man who was wide open.

However, I still think we've got a tough task ahead. The Giants have been a Jekyll and Hyde team so far this year too. Which one will we get?
Old 10-04-2010   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Nope. He'll be back.
With pleny of juice to dish out to everyone.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
He will. Two to go. We're missing Brown pretty good right now. I'm unbelievably concerned. We have got to run run run all day long. This is the game where we really need the old Owen Daniels. I also expect a bunch of dump offs to Slaton and that scares me a good bit. Next week is gong to suck. At least their offense is a joke. Takeaways is the name of the game.
Old 10-04-2010   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Their O-line has been in dissaray without their LT williams. As you can see Butler is killing it at LT for us. Our O-line has become a strength instead of a liability and Schaub should be able to call protection for himself better than Cutler did.

We have better receivers, a running back that can block, and a better left tackle. I think we should be ok.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

This.

In addition to establishing the run game we need Schaub to play sound football, find the open receiver quickly and take whats available.

I'm also expecting that we'll see a fair amount of screen plays to slow down the giants DL.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #16
Jeff S.
Rookie

Rep Power: 43 Jeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yeah, a lot were Schaub's fault. Three out of the four sacks against Dallas were Schaub's fault. He should have ran for a close first down or threw the ball away.
It seems to me that Schaub did a better job yesterday of getting rid of the ball. I can recall at least three times he heaved it out of bounds.
Jeff S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #17
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
He will. Two to go. We're missing Brown pretty good right now. I'm unbelievably concerned. We have got to run run run all day long. This is the game where we really need the old Owen Daniels. I also expect a bunch of dump offs to Slaton and that scares me a good bit. Next week is gong to suck. At least their offense is a joke. Takeaways is the name of the game.
My concern is that our secondary will cause the joke to be on us.

I REALLY hope that a 56 in the mix will change the dynamics of this defense considerably.
Old 10-04-2010   #18
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
We'll be fine. Mario and The Ninja are going to skin Diehl and McKenzie ALIVE.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Since its at home and giants on the road a not primetime regualr ol 12 noon game i thnik we are going to see a different giants team im not worried
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #20
mokalus
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respected

My main takeaways concerning the Giants DL after watching yesterday's game:

1. The Bears OL is terrible. A few of the sacks were off of players rushing in completely unblocked. Just too much confusion on that line. They had sack issues vs Dallas too, but Cutler had a great game.
2. Cutler held on to the ball way too long. Granted many of the WR routes were too far downfield to have enough time to develop, Cutler repeatedly opted to ignore his checkdown man and just take the hit.
3. The Bears have nearly no sign of a run game. They have been going empty backfield a lot this season, and even when Forte does run the ball, he's averaging <2.5/carry. And if you aren't running the ball effectively, then you can do what the Giants did and just pass-rush like mad.

But I gotta give some credit where credit's due. 9 sacks in the half was nice.
mokalus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read