Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2010   #1
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default JJ's injury

Any word on JJs injury. Rotoworld is reporting a leg injury.

Jacoby Jones' injury in Sunday's win over Oakland was to his calf.
He never returned, indicating a potentially serious injury. Without Jones and Andre Johnson (ankle), backup tight end Joel Dreessen stepped up for a five-catch, 73-yard day to lead the team. Jones' Week 5 status is uncertain.
Old 10-03-2010   #2
toxictrix
Rookie

Rep Power: 61 toxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ's injury

I heard "strained calf"
toxictrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #3
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Bad case of skillet hands.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably because he slipped like 5 times today. The announcers said it was poor cut technique, but it looked a lot like poor field to me
Old 10-03-2010   #5
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Probably because he slipped like 5 times today. The announcers said it was poor cut technique, but it looked a lot like poor field to me
Reminded me of the last time we were out there when they flooded the field so it was a total swamp. Wasn't this obvious this year but still very loose.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #6
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12880 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I saw lots of people slipping on that field today (from both teams, but more from the Texans). Jacoby seemed to have particular problems with it, though.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

By the time they came out for the second half that field looked like crap. Big chunks of turf were ripped up all over it. It looked almost like they were playing on sod that had been put down just a day or two before.

Lousy playing surface has cost us more than a few players and games. New Orleans had that crappy carpet that took out Seth Payne years ago, then got a better playing surface the next year. That's why I get so annoyed on those occasions when Reliant "overbooks" or just gets lazy and the field looks like garbage. I never want Houston to be one of those places players don't want to play at because they're afraid of the facility.
Old 10-03-2010   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
I saw lots of people slipping on that field today (from both teams, but more from the Texans). Jacoby seemed to have particular problems with it, though.
The home team is at an advantage since they know what type of shoes they should wear for their particular stadium's field conditions.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
By the time they came out for the second half that field looked like crap. Big chunks of turf were ripped up all over it. It looked almost like they were playing on sod that had been put down just a day or two before.
Don't the Oakland A's share the stadium with the Raiders? That sod just might have been put down a couple of days ago.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Don't the Oakland A's share the stadium with the Raiders? That sod just might have been put down a couple of days ago.
As you (and I) thought.............The toupe was laid within 3 days of the game. As it was not glued down properly, there were chunks of hair flying all over the place.

Raiders Say Goodbye to Baseball Dirt
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #11
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5174 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah I didn't know there was proper cut technique haha. Jacoby makes deep cuts because he can. It's called juking people out.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I saw several recievers stumble out of the blocks - Most notably other than JJ was Walter when they showed him on a replay.

That field was in horrible shape.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #13
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, didn't Owen Daniels AND Dunta get hurt on Oakland's field? I could be mistaken.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #14
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 141 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Yeah, didn't Owen Daniels AND Dunta get hurt on Oakland's field? I could be mistaken.
Dunta did get hurt at Oakland, but that was because Earl Cochran landed on his leg, not because of the turf. Owen got hurt in Buffalo.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there's no question on who our #2 wide receiver is and should be: Kevin Walter.

I love Jacoby's big play ability, but the guy is still too damn inconsistent. It's pissing me off.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #16
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I heard it was his pride.
Old 10-04-2010   #17
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw Dickerson playing some special teams. Maybe we'll see him line up a few plays at WR.
Old 10-04-2010   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he might've had a chest contusion at first............considering the pass that Schaub threw him bounced off his chest so hard.

To me, that's why JJ can't be relied upon. He'll make a nice play then have a nicely thrown ball bounce off his hands or chest. I think the wife thought I was a freak yesterday when I wigged out on JJ after that play. It would've been a nice gain and kept a drive alive. Catch the friggin ball!!!

On another note. Do we not trust Dickerson that much to not even give him a chance? Thank goodness we were gashing them in the run game. Otherwise, we would've been up the creek
Old 10-04-2010   #19
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
Yeah I didn't know there was proper cut technique haha. Jacoby makes deep cuts because he can. It's called juking people out.
Too bad he keeps dropping the ball.. )(*@$*@
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think there's no question on who our #2 wide receiver is and should be: Kevin Walter.

I love Jacoby's big play ability, but the guy is still too damn inconsistent. It's pissing me off.
He reminds me of Brandon Lloyd right now. He can make amazing acrobatic catches but has mental lapses on perfectly thrown balls that he should easily catch. He's just not consistent enough to be a number 2.

I dont get it. Its like he caves under pressure

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read