Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2010   #1
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15236 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fire Frank Bush

Do it now, while we still have the lead.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #2
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: Fire Frank Bush

I think we need to fire whoever is responsible for thinking we could play this season with rookie and inexperienced DB's.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you for this thread Ranger Tom. Great insight.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #4
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

"Hi, my name is Ranger_Tom. My hobby includes starting knee-jerk threads without any analytical write-up that back-ups my demands because I don't have the football intelligence to do so. I lure other posters in this thread in hope that they make the assessments for me!"
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #5
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I think we need to fire whoever is responsible for thinking we could play this season with rookie and inexperienced DB's.
I think that David Gibbs convinced Kubiak he could duplicate what he did in KC with rookie DBs

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #6
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't start a Fire XYZ thread without pink soap.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

the db's especially the cb's were good today
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I love how our db's get bashed for the failings of the passing game. Oakland's WR's combined for 4 catches for 45 yards. It was the backs and TE's that ate us up, and that is on the linebackers. Quinn and Jackson did a very good job today.

Yeah, they got a bit of help with dropped balls, but they still did a damn good job.
Old 10-03-2010   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I would not call this a knee jerk thread by any means. Anyone who watched the game would know the D almost blew the game.
Old 10-03-2010   #10
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

On the plus side, Nolan looked stellar. He really has an eye for the ball that Wilson doesn't. We see a lot of tip balls go for nothing. If for no other reason, Nolan should get the start for having that ball hawking ability.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I love how our db's get bashed for the failings of the passing game. Oakland's WR's combined for 4 catches for 45 yards. It was the backs and TE's that ate us up, and that is on the linebackers. Quinn and Jackson did a very good job today.

Yeah, they got a bit of help with dropped balls, but they still did a damn good job.
That's what I have been saying. Now that Cush is back hopefully we can cover the short routes.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Get Cushing back= check
Start Nolan = check
Sign Schobel= ? LOL

All of this = improved defense
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #13
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard Richard Smith is available................
Old 10-03-2010   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

It's been that way since Washington. Sure the WRs in those games got some big yards, but the QBs threw the ball 60 times.

Backs & TEs have been getting several hundred yards in the passing game, and that has been what is killing our passing D. & that is a group of veterans.

I liked seeing Adibi tip that ball to Nolan, then Ryans tipped the second ball to Nolan.... it's about time they got involved in the passing game, other than tackling & watching FBs score.

Diles... is not a pro-bowl Will, I don't care what Kubiak says.
Old 10-03-2010   #15
Bearkat Texan
Rookie

I still dont see how Frank Bush think just being in zone coverage 75% of the time will work...cause it hasnt...it makes every qb we've face looked all pro...something has to change...
Bearkat Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year, we made a big adjustment by adding Pollard.

This year, maybe the adjustment that was needed was Nolan at FS. Seems to have helped. The Raiders have big, athletic WRs and a monster TE. Oh, and don't forget the McFadden-Bush combo out of the backfield. That's 5 or 6 talented guys out there on any given play.

Nolan held his own. And it made the CBs look better.

The front four held their own. And the CBs look better.

Now we get Cushing back. I think the CBs will look a bit better next Sunday, as well.

CB might just be the hardest position to play in the NFL. You have to judge whether to stay with your man, pass him off, cut with him, run with him, stop with him, etc. One little bobble, and you're toast. Burnt toast.

3-1 without Duane Brown and Brian Cushing? I'll take it.

If we judge the season by a quarterly basis, with us just completing our first quarter (the first four games, for those of you in Rio Linda), I say 3-1 is fantastic. Especially after facing the Colts right off the bat.

If we can string together another 3-1 stretch in the 2nd quarter, that places us at 6-2 at the halfway mark. I'll take it.
Old 10-03-2010   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearkat Texan View Post
I still dont see how Frank Bush think just being in zone coverage 75% of the time will work...cause it hasnt...it makes every qb we've face looked all pro...something has to change...
My biggest gripe is that it seems the LINEBACKERS are in zone way too much.

Does it seem that way to you guys? Loco en cabeza.
Old 10-03-2010   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

I don't think it's that they are in zone "too much" more than they don't understand zone.

Passing lanes seem to hold no meaning for them. When receivers enter their zone, they don't seem to know what to do, until he catches the ball. It seems like they don't have any peripheral vision.

The two tips, by Adibi & Ryan led to INTs..... made Nolan look like a starter (albeit Wilson probably would've dropped those)... we need more of that.
Old 10-03-2010   #19
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 348 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Yea, it seemed like we would vacate the middle and lots of their catches were where our linebackers should be. At the snap our LB's would drop and BAM, catch over the middle for 8 yds.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't want to start a new thread but

I am wondering about Ray Rhodes if things keep getting worse and (I seriously doubt anything will happen) the Texans decide they need a spark in the coaching staff

If I recall he is still the defensive assistant but I don't ever hear much about him..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read