Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-02-2010   #1
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Oklahoma putting it to the horns......

Wow, I guess TU is really OUs' "female dog" I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!! This is starting to be a weekly thread!
Old 10-02-2010   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oklahoma putting it to the horns......

I may be a bad Aggie/Bearkat/Coog but the one and only time I ever pull for TU is against OU.... I ****ing hate "Boomer Sooner"!! Everytime I hear that, I want to vomit blood all over my patio....
Old 10-02-2010   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya know, the more I think about it, I would rather have syringes full of bleach injected into my eyeballs than to hear Boomer Sooner!
Old 10-02-2010   #4
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
Wow, I guess TU is really OUs' "female dog" I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!! This is starting to be a weekly thread!
Um.

You should really use facts to back up your posts. Otherwise you can look mighty foolish, as you do with this post.

1)Prior to today, Texas had won 3 of the last 4 games.

2)Including today's game Texas leads the overall series 59-41-5.

3) A bounce of the ball in another direction and UT could have scored on the fumble recovery and possibly stolen the game.

Don't feel too bad about getting completely pwned, it happens!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Um.

You should really use facts to back up your posts. Otherwise you can look mighty foolish, as you do with this post.

3) A bounce of the ball in another direction and UT could have scored on the fumble recovery and possibly stolen the game.

Just when I think I know what "pwned" means, someone posts something like this, that doesn't really fit the definition.

So now, I assume, pwned means regurgitating a lot of koolaide.... ?
Old 10-02-2010   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just when I think I know what "pwned" means, someone posts something like this, that doesn't really fit the definition.

So now, I assume, pwned means regurgitating a lot of koolaide.... ?
Nope.

In this case I used pwned to mean that OrangeLotPole8's point was soundly defeated. OrangeLotPole8 has no possible response to refute my stats. In essence I put OrangeLotPole8 in a virtual checkmate. He stepped up with emotion base drivel and I destroyed his premise with cool headed facts and statistics. I utterly humiliated him. There is nothing he can say which can refute.

In this discussion point, OrangeLotPole8 has been PWNED by awtysst!

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 10-02-2010   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Um.

He's not talking about history, he's referring to a thread from last week entitled, "UCLA Putting it to the horns". That's the weekly theme, not OU beating them every year.
Old 10-02-2010   #8
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Oklahoma putting it to the horns......

Quote:
Um.

OU has beaten TU in 7 of the last 13.......
Old 10-02-2010   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
OU has beaten TU in 7 of the last 13.......
Yeah, but what about the last 27? (or any other random number?)
Old 10-02-2010   #10
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Talking Re: Oklahoma putting it to the horns......

Quote:
Um.

Might I add since the year 2000.......OU 7 TU 4!!!!!!!!!!!! so STFU!
Old 10-02-2010   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Might I add since the year 2000.......OU 7 TU 4!!!!!!!!!!!! so STFU!
7 of the last 13

7 of the last 11

Why are you picking random numbers like that? Is it so you can continue to make your point? I chose a 4 year cycle becuase that is the amount of time a player can participate in college football. Oklahoma has gotten more wins in the last 13 years, but still trail the overall record by 18. More recent history (last 4 years) has UT winning 3 of 4. Point being, the teams are pretty evenly matched.

I get that you don't like UT and that's fine. But you look really foolish when you try to make the claim that UT is Oklahoma's *****. Save yourself further embarrassment and humiliation and switch to another topic area.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 10-03-2010   #12
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

LOL, I was trying to not make you feel so bad with 7 of 13, but it is 7 out of 11, (go look it up smarty pants) lets do RECENT history as you say and take the last decade...... OU WINS, TU LOSES! NUFF SAID! Cant wait till the horns go into Lincoln...... hehe
Old 10-03-2010   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
LOL, I was trying to not make you feel so bad with 7 of 13, but it is 7 out of 11, (go look it up smarty pants) lets do RECENT history as you say and take the last decade...... OU WINS, TU LOSES! NUFF SAID! Cant wait till the horns go into Lincoln...... hehe
Again, taking a decade is a arbitrary number. As you know(or should) players come and go and coaching philosophies change over that much time. My choice of 4 years is also an arbitrary choice.

In all seriousness, I really do feel bad for you. You do not have a lot of posts on here, yet you have spent a decent percentage of them talking about how glad you are UT lost. That is, of course your prerogative, but I feel bad for the person who derives joy from the failures of others. It sad to see someone revel not in accomplishments but failures.

Sure, Texas is having a down year. They have won 9 consecutive 10 win seasons and have the second most amount of wins in the history of college football. They are clearly a powerhouse in college football. And guess what, every program has peaks and valleys. This is clearly a down year.

Who knows what happens in Nebraska. Maybe Texas wins, maybe they do not. At the end of the day, I will support UT. Its too bad you have not spent as much energy extolling the virtues of a team as much as you have tried to point out flaws.

Perhaps, one day, you will grow up and find a way to celebrate positives rather than revel in negatives.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 10-03-2010   #14
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

The point I am getting is that UT has EVERYTHING to be successful. They have the location, the history, 5 star recruits 3 deep on the depth chart, very deep pockets, the "best" coaches money can buy, the best facilities, the "best" university, they are the "New York Yankees" of college fotball. Why do you think TCU, Boise State, and the University of Houston is not in the Big "12" minus 2? Because TU says they can't be. That would create more competition on the field and the recruiting trail. TU likes to do their relatively easy non-conference schedule (UCLA is not supposed to go into TU and win, Wyoming, Rice, the free recruiting trip home game), and then beat up on the conference schedule and play one huge game a year in OU and then take care of the weaker Big 12 opponent in the Big "12" minus 2 championship game and win or lose that game they are still in a BCS game. All the "T-sips" beat their chest each and every week talking about how they are better than everybody else..... hell TU SHOULD BE BETTER than everybody else. I just love it at work how they NEVER talk about TU football on the week after they get beat! With that being said, I HOPE THE TEXANS WIN TODAY (That's a positive note sir). Next time you are in Houston to attend a game, let me know and I will buy you a beer.

Last edited by OrangeLotPole8; 10-03-2010 at 11:18 AM.
OrangeLotPole8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #15
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The point I am getting is that UT has EVERYTHING to be successful. They have the location, the history, 5 star recruits 3 deep on the depth chart, very deep pockets, the "best" coaches money can buy, the best facilities, the "best" university, they are the "New York Yankees" of college fotball. Why do you think TCU, Boise State, and the University of Houston is not in the Big "12" minus 2? Because TU says they can't be. That would create more competition on the field and the recruiting trail. TU likes to do their relatively easy non-conference schedule (UCLA is not supposed to go into TU and win, Wyoming, Rice, the free recruiting trip home game), and then beat up on the conference schedule and play one huge game a year in OU and then take care of the weaker Big 12 opponent in the Big "12" minus 2 championship game and win or lose that game they are still in a BCS game. All the "T-sips" beat their chest each and every week talking about how they are better than everybody else.....hell TU SHOULD BE BETTER than everybody else. I just love it at work how they NEVER talk about TU football on the week after they get beat! With that being said, I HOPE THE TEXANS WIN TODAY (That's a positive note sir). Next time you are in Houston to attend a game, let me know and I will buy you a beer.
Yeah, by the same token I just love how you only talk about about UT in the weeks they lose a game. NOW you have smack to talk... All of a sudden for some reason you decide to talk about UT football because once a decade they have a rebuilding year.

Psst... look up UT's future non conf schedule before you sound even sillier. They are playing USC, Cal, ND, BYU, and Arkansas in the next few years.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #16
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Between UT and UGA, this is adding up to a pretty sucky college football year.
Old 10-03-2010   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Where are you getting that UT doesn't want Houston, TCU, etc in the Big 12? As a fan I would love to see that. Heck I would love to see them in the SEC. Most of the Big 12 bores me.

Have you seen somewhere where the UT program doesn't want those teams in? I have never heard of that personally.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #18
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Where are you getting that UT doesn't want Houston, TCU, etc in the Big 12? As a fan I would love to see that. Heck I would love to see them in the SEC. Most of the Big 12 bores me.

Have you seen somewhere where the UT program doesn't want those teams in? I have never heard of that personally.
We don't want UH, TCU, etc in the big 12. And the reason, they bring absolutely nothing to the table. If you are a coog fan, or a horned frog fan - deal with it. Look at your stadium, and notice how it holds what, 25,000 people? 35,000 maybe? And notice how its never full?

That's why you aren't in the big 12. Get the student numbers, the fan support, the following, the reputation - and then, maybe you can join. Until then, it's all a glorified Texas 5A football game.
c10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #19
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

As for the thread starter - I get it, he's just trying to troll the UT fans.

What is your college football team sir?
c10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post
We don't want UH, TCU, etc in the big 12. And the reason, they bring absolutely nothing to the table. If you are a coog fan, or a horned frog fan - deal with it. Look at your stadium, and notice how it holds what, 25,000 people? 35,000 maybe? And notice how its never full?

That's why you aren't in the big 12. Get the student numbers, the fan support, the following, the reputation - and then, maybe you can join. Until then, it's all a glorified Texas 5A football game.
its this arrogant attitude that makes me despise UT. Yeah, we get it, you're the ranking college football program in Texas but the truth of the matter is you guys have gotten to 10 wins every year b/c outside of OU the big 12 is hot garbage & you're non conference schedule has been a joke for the most part. At least attempt to challenge yourselves.

The only reason you guys have stepped it up for the future is b/c you know the big 12 is about to get even weaker which i didn't even know was possible to be honest.

Last edited by Mr teX; 10-03-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read