Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Jinx

I don't know if you guys are superstitious..

but I am... a little.

In my fantasy leagues, I've shied away from Texans players. Yes, I wanted Schaub, yes, I wanted AJ. & you damn right i wanted to take Foster in the 7th round.

But I thought I would jinx them if I did anything like that.

Instead, feeling really, really good about our defense, I took the Houston Texans defense in the 16th, & I've been starting them every week.

I feel that is the sole reason for our misfortunes, so I've had to let them go.

To support my Texans, I've added the Indianappolis Colts defense to my Roster, & I will start them week 4 vs Jacksonville.

I've also picked up Pierre Garcon, though he is hurt, I will start him as well, to make doubly sure.

It's going to hurt in my fantasy league, but for the Texans... no price is too steep.
Old 10-02-2010   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jinx

Memo to self: Invite tk to your fantasy league next year.

JK, I also took the Texans defense late in the draft. And cut them after week 2. So, it's not all on you, tk.
Old 10-02-2010   #3
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68220 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Memo to self: Invite tk to your fantasy league next year.

JK, I also took the Texans defense late in the draft. And cut them after week 2. So, it's not all on you, tk.

I cut them after this week. Argh. Should have known that we don't force turnovers.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have AJ and AF, and I'm undefeated! Just saying!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I have AJ and AF, and I'm undefeated! Just saying!
Good job, now pickup the defense. Hopefully you'll get something going.
Old 10-02-2010   #6
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm the same way tk. I drafted AJ this year but I am thinking about trading him. Maybe his injury is because of ME! The trade proposal hasn't gone through yet so I am benching AJ this week.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 132729 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I am superstitious. The weeks my girl has worn her pink Schaub jersey, we've won. Last weekend she flew out to visit me and left it at home. Yeah...she'll be wearing it tomorrow if I have to fly out there and personally dress her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2010   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I superstitious? Damn skippy! I don't even play fantasy football because I am superstitious..
Old 10-02-2010   #9
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

schuab, foster, OD and walter in one league 3-0

Foster put up 43 pts week one and I use walter as my flex W/R position

In terms of superstitions I follow the same routine every sunday up until a loss. Now that we lost Im gonna switch something up. My only superstition that I have followed for a few years is that my Texans jersey is the last thing I put on before leaving the house on sundays
Old 10-03-2010   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

To support my Texans, I've added the Indianappolis Colts defense to my Roster, & I will start them week 4 vs Jacksonville.

I've also picked up Pierre Garcon, though he is hurt, I will start him as well, to make doubly sure.
FYI, Garcon did not go to Jacksonville.......he's not going to play.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
FYI, Garcon did not go to Jacksonville.......he's not going to play.
So it's working........ YEEESSSSSS! (with a Tiger Woods fist pump).
Old 10-07-2010   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

So.... not starting Houston's D seemed to help. They actually put up positive points in my league.... 4 sacks & a fumble recovery.

Should I sit them again? Or should I start them?
Old 10-07-2010   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 51708 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So.... not starting Houston's D seemed to help. They actually put up positive points in my league.... 4 sacks & a fumble recovery.

Sit 'em!
Old 10-07-2010   #14
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster was available in the 7th? Jeez, I need to be in that league!
Old 10-07-2010   #15
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know if you guys are superstitious..

but I am... a little.

In my fantasy leagues, I've shied away from Texans players. Yes, I wanted Schaub, yes, I wanted AJ. & you damn right i wanted to take Foster in the 7th round.

But I thought I would jinx them if I did anything like that.

Instead, feeling really, really good about our defense, I took the Houston Texans defense in the 16th, & I've been starting them every week.

I feel that is the sole reason for our misfortunes, so I've had to let them go.

It's going to hurt in my fantasy league, but for the Texans... no price is too steep.
C'mon dude. Get over yourself! It's not like the Texans players are
screaming to each other in the pregame huddle:

"That damned Thunderkyss
picked us to play well. We KNOW we're gonna suck now! He played AJ on his
fantasy last week, and now he's got a busted ankle! Jacoby NEVER
got hurt until TK picked him. How does a dude that fast hurt his CALF?
'TK, not today on three.' 1-2-3 TK NOT TODAY!!"

Old 10-07-2010   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
C'mon dude. Get over yourself! It's not like the Texans players are
screaming to each other in the pregame huddle:

"That damned Thunderkyss
picked us to play well. We KNOW we're gonna suck now! He played AJ on his
fantasy last week, and now he's got a busted ankle! Jacoby NEVER
got hurt until TK picked him. How does a dude that fast hurt his CALF?
'TK, not today on three.' 1-2-3 TK NOT TODAY!!"

I'm serious... I've got bad mojo... I'm like a voodoo doll. I'm like the madden cover... I'm like Obama.
Old 10-07-2010   #17
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Waive them and don't look back. I had a similar occurrence either last year or the year before having Schaub on my team. He played terribly for a while and the second I let him go he started playing at a pro bowl level and he will never be on any of my fantasy teams again. I do have Texans on my team (Dre and Foster) but I had Dre last year so I had to keep the mojo going and obviously having Foster hasn't hurt his production so far.
Old 10-07-2010   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

You need to pick up Giants D and start Eli.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm serious... I've got bad mojo... I'm like a voodoo doll. I'm like the madden cover... I'm like Obama.
Hey there guy, don't be so hard on yourself.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read