Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Raiders' Gradkowski twice tried to hook up with Texans

Never remember about hearing about this. Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite us.

Quote:
Quarterback Bruce Gradkowski's search for a home in the NFL took him from Tampa Bay to Cleveland and St. Louis before he arrived in Oakland early last year. Along the way, he attempted to hook on with the Houston Texans team that comes to Oakland on Sunday.

Twice in 2008 Gradkowski worked out for the Texans. The Texans opted the first time to stick with Matt Schaub and Sage Rosenfels. Gradkowski suffered an injury during his second workout and wasn't offered a contract.

"That was a rough year for me," Gradkowski said. "Now I'm back on track and excited to go into this game."

A few months later, Gradkowski was signed by the Raiders and worked his way into the starting lineup last season and, again, this season. The Texans ultimately signed Craig Nall.

"Every time he has gotten a chance, whether with Gruden (Jon, former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach) or now (the Raiders), he's done some good things," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "The fact that he can move around and make plays off schedule is something everybody in this league hopes they have in a quarterback. He's definitely got that. I'm very impressed with the job he's done."
link
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raiders' Gradkowski twice tried to hook up with Texans

I would trade Orlovsky for Gradkowski any day, and twice on Sunday. We got the wrong Pole.
Old 10-02-2010   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always thought that Gradkowski was a good qb. He never got a fair shot imo in Tampa Bay and now he has a legit shot at becoming the Raiders qb for a long time.
Old 10-02-2010   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not the type of QB thats gonna blow up a workout anyways so it doesn't surprise me.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I guarantee Gradkowski will "hook up" with a few Texans tomorrow.

First off, & I'm hoping he hooks up with Mario. I'm pretty sure there will be several meetings, with at least two of them going down as sacks.

I'm also predicting he'll meet my boy, Antonio Smith. May not go down as a sack, may be more along the lines of "Roughing the passer" but that's how he rolls.

I also hope my boy Quin makes him regret ever wanting to hook up with the Texans, by way of a Pick 6.

And lastly, I'm sure Bernard is going to schedule an onfield meeting with Mr. Gradkowski. If you're squeemish.... even just a little, I advise you don't watch.
Old 10-02-2010   #6
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64836 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I guarantee Gradkowski will "hook up" with a few Texans tomorrow.

First off, & I'm hoping he hooks up with Mario. I'm pretty sure there will be several meetings, with at least two of them going down as sacks.

I'm also predicting he'll meet my boy, Antonio Smith. May not go down as a sack, may be more along the lines of "Roughing the passer" but that's how he rolls.

I also hope my boy Quin makes him regret ever wanting to hook up with the Texans, by way of a Pick 6.

And lastly, I'm sure Bernard is going to schedule an onfield meeting with Mr. Gradkowski. If you're squeemish.... even just a little, I advise you don't watch.
No, no, no. He is going to hook-up with Texan (in the true sense of the word) WR Johnnie Lee Higgins from Sweeny, Texas.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #7
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Rumor I heard was he was gonna hook up with Texan Bill (duck!)
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2010   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

With our secondary, Im sure he'll look like an probowler
Old 10-02-2010   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I would trade Orlovsky for Gradkowski any day, and twice on Sunday. We got the wrong Pole.

rep your way. :still_chuckling:
Old 10-02-2010   #10
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

So Gradkowski will have something to play for tomorrow...f-ing greaaaaat!
Old 10-02-2010   #11
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
It won't matter. GMAMFB.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
It won't matter. GMAMFB.

He will be going for an

CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #13
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He will be going for an

Hopefully he'll get his "revenge" .
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. He doesn't strike fear into my heart as a QB. He is decent, but nothing to fret about IMO.

Hopefully I wont be eating these words this evening.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll see how bad our pass defense really is. If people start talking about Gradkowski as a top 10, or even a true starting QB, we'll know we suck.

For the record, I don't think we have a CB problem. I'll be watching Demeco, Diles, Adibi, & Barber. They need to step up their game. We're going in thinking the Raiders have a stout running game. If we aren't honest, & try to cheat on that, we'll get burned on screens & draws, just like the previous three weeks.

I'll also be watching our DLine. They have to be able to recognize run vs pass, in order to set the ends & clog the middle when they need to, or squeeze the edges & press the middle when they need to.
Old 10-03-2010   #16
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We'll see how bad our pass defense really is. If people start talking about Gradkowski as a top 10, or even a true starting QB, we'll know we suck.

For the record, I don't think we have a CB problem. I'll be watching Demeco, Diles, Adibi, & Barber. They need to step up their game. We're going in thinking the Raiders have a stout running game. If we aren't honest, & try to cheat on that, we'll get burned on screens & draws, just like the previous three weeks.

I'll also be watching our DLine. They have to be able to recognize run vs pass, in order to set the ends & clog the middle when they need to, or squeeze the edges & press the middle when they need to.
This has been my thought. Everyone has been talking about how the secondary in not that bad it's been the caliber of QB they've faced. Well no one would ever put the G-man in the same category as the others so if they still give up a boatload of yards we will know we definitely have a problem.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
This has been my thought. Everyone has been talking about how the secondary in not that bad it's been the caliber of QB they've faced. Well no one would ever put the G-man in the same category as the others so if they still give up a boatload of yards we will know we definitely have a problem.
Exactly, except I'm saying pass coverage, not secondary. I agree our secondary has been playing well. I believe our LBs Have been killing us. Watch for 100 yards receiving to RBs, FBs, & TEs.... & pay attention when we are in zones, when the reCeivers get the ball, which part of the field they are.

And scheme. If you watched what Washington did with their zones, they were rolling the CBs & safeties all over the field, Matt sees the CB drop off the receiver, throws the ball, and you see Laron Landry rolling down to cover the WR.

Or if the safety drops down to pick up a RB, the CB would roll over the top to cover the tightened. Our DBs are either man, short, or deep. I think that is a little predictable.
Old 10-03-2010   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
This has been my thought. Everyone has been talking about how the secondary in not that bad it's been the caliber of QB they've faced.
problem I have with the statement that is going around(not singling you out, it is that I have heard the statement at work and around the web) is that in order to go to the playoffs and do some damage in the playoffs, you have to beat a Manning, Brady,Rivers etc etc..

The Texans will have to fix the defense (secondary, front 7 (or should I say 8 with pollard coming in to help).. and if it is due to inexperience in the secondary. well I hope that learning curve kicks in around week 12 or sooner
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Irony
Old 10-03-2010   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Dude has some gnads for running into Pollard twice and gettin the piss knocked out of him. But also incredible stupidity.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read