Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-02-2010   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Red River 2010

OU leads 7-0. UT had played some good defense until two costly 3rd down penalties: a 15 yard personal foul and a 10 yard holding. Without the penalties, OU may have to punt. Instead they take the 25 free yards and knock in a td.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Red River 2010

Defensive holding is part of playing defense as well. I didn't see anything that impressed me.

And now the offense is 3-and-out.
Old 10-02-2010   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Greg Davis play calling rears its ugly head on the UT drive. Quick pass to the left, stopped behind the LOS. Quick pass to the right, stopped behind the LOS. 7 yard pass into the middle of the field and a punt.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 10-02-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Greg Davis play calling rears its ugly head on the UT drive. Quick pass to the left, stopped behind the LOS. Quick pass to the right, stopped behind the LOS. 7 yard pass into the middle of the field and a punt.
Greg Davis really needs to go!
Old 10-02-2010   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Defensive holding is part of playing defense as well. I didn't see anything that impressed me.

And now the offense is 3-and-out.
They did not show the personal foul penalty so I could not see it. But, if that does not occur, there is a good chance OU is forced to punt.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 10-02-2010   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Vaunted Texas D!

0-14
Old 10-02-2010   #7
awtysst
Draft Guru

The Texas D knows the offense cant do anything so they are playing not to lose. A recipe for disaster.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Vaunted Texas D!

0-14
I get the impression you don't like UT.
Old 10-02-2010   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice TD run by Monroe. At least it won't be a shut-out now.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oklahoma needs this win if they are to make a push in the rankings. Hopefully they play like they did against FSU.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

The problem I have with Greg Davis is that he tries to force fit HIS vision as opposed to utilizing the players to their strengths. How many times have we heard that GG has a stronger arm than Colt? Yet, Davis doesn't let GG throw the ball down the field! Instead he has GG do these little dump passes that are all feast or famine plays. Let GG roll out and throw more than 5 yards!

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 10-02-2010   #12
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Oklahoma needs this win if they are to make a push in the rankings. Hopefully they play like they did against FSU.
Texas NEEDS this game to get a reasonable bowl game at the end of the year.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 10-02-2010   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I get the impression you don't like UT.
I'm a Cougar, so I don't really have a dog in the fight. I pull for most Texas teams when they aren't playing UH, though I do hate Baylor.

I just get tired of being told how good Texas' D is when it really isn't, that's all. I still hope they win, because I hate to see Occupied North Texas win anything.
Old 10-02-2010   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
I'm a Cougar, so I don't really have a dog in the fight. I pull for most Texas teams when they aren't playing UH, though I do hate Baylor.

I just get tired of being told how good Texas' D is when it really isn't, that's all. I still hope they win, because I hate to see Occupied North Texas win anything.
Texas DOES have a good Defense. The issue is that it is a fast undersized D. The problem is when the offense cannot do anything, the D has to be on the field too much and they wear out. If Texas had scored tds last week, they would have forced UCLA to throw much more and it would have been a different game.

The problem for Texas is the offense not the D.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 10-02-2010   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Texas DOES have a good Defense. The issue is that it is a fast undersized D. The problem is when the offense cannot do anything, the D has to be on the field too much and they wear out. If Texas had scored tds last week, they would have forced UCLA to throw much more and it would have been a different game.

The problem for Texas is the offense not the D.
Sorry, I'm calling BS. From the first drive of this game, OU has been driving down the field steadily. All of their scores have been from close in. UCLA ran the ball down their throat from the start. The Texas D is overrated.

And the offense is a problem.
Old 10-02-2010   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Put another way, how many long drives have they allowed in the first half?
Old 10-02-2010   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Sorry, I'm calling BS. From the first drive of this game, OU has been driving down the field steadily. All of their scores have been from close in. UCLA ran the ball down their throat from the start. The Texas D is overrated.

And the offense is a problem.
They mentioned earlier that UCLA only had like 60 yds of offense in the first half
Old 10-02-2010   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

OU finally win?
Old 10-02-2010   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
They mentioned earlier that UCLA only had like 60 yds of offense in the first half
77, actually. And then after the Horns went into the locker room and rested up during halftime, they came out and gave up an 80-yd. drive, 76 of which was on the ground, down their throats, revoking their manhood. And then UCLA just kept running it, for something like 260 yards rushing.
Old 10-02-2010   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Finally, a great drive.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read