Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-30-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default 400 yards to the Raiders??

MyfantasyLeague uses fantasy shark to give their players tips. I've got Houston's defense on my team, and this is how they think we'll do against the Raiders:
Quote:
Will get a chance to get things right in week 4 against Oakland ( 2 sacks, 1 INT, 1 Fumble, 21 Points, 400 Yards )
Does anyone use a different service? How do they think our defense is going to do?

If you've got any Texans' players on your team, what is the fantasy outlook for week4?
Old 09-30-2010   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 400 yards to the Raiders??

This is what they think about Gradkowski against our defense.
Quote:
Enjoy the exciting matchup, those of you who acquired Gradkowski to bolster the quarterback position on your roster. This could well go down as the most successful fantasy outing he has all season. ( 230 yds pass with 2 TDs and 1 Int; 10 yds rush )
Old 09-30-2010   #3
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
MyfantasyLeague uses fantasy shark to give their players tips. I've got Houston's defense on my team, and this is how they think we'll do against the Raiders:

Does anyone use a different service? How do they think our defense is going to do?

If you've got any Texans' players on your team, what is the fantasy outlook for week4?
Last year, the Texans really couldnt' run on the Raiders. Sure, we beat
them 29-6, but I believe the Raiders didn't put 100% even in a half
of the game. They had Jamarcus Russell blowing field position, and
there was really no reason to go all out.

The Texans are going TO the Raiders, who have an excellent defense and
tons of skill position talent. No Jamarcus Russell to goof up opportunities
mean the Texans better show up ready to play, or things will get ugly
fast at Oakland.

Will the defense perform better? That's the million-dollar question.
The fact they laid an egg at home last week, has me in the mindset
they're still the "same 'ol Texans." I'll be watching intently to see
when the evolution will take place, as it has not yet already.
Old 09-30-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I counter by saying that Oakland barely reaches 350 total yards.

That's just a gut!
Old 09-30-2010   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'm starting Darren McFadden on my fantasy team, that's for sure.
Old 09-30-2010   #6
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm starting Darren McFadden on my fantasy team, that's for sure.
Isn't Houston the 2nd best team against the run in the NFL? Does McFadden catch a lot of passes out of the backfield?
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
Isn't Houston the 2nd best team against the run in the NFL? Does McFadden catch a lot of passes out of the backfield?
As the Cowboys showed, the Texans are not that tough against the run, and they're especially vulnerable to screens and draws, to boot. The reason the team is statistically where they are against the run is because the secondary is like a sieve.

In week one, DMC had 6 catches and a receiving TD, but the next two weeks, they just let him do his thing on the ground. So I think he's a good play whichever way the Texans play him, because they aren't good enough to stop him altogether.
Old 09-30-2010   #8
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post

Why run when you can throw it all over the field?

Indy was behind and needed to throw.

The Skins dont have a run game anyway.

The Cowboys run game isnt used as it should be because Garrett is an *****.

But I again ask the question... If the Texans are better against the run than the pass why run?
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
Why run when you can throw it all over the field?

Indy was behind and needed to throw.

The Skins dont have a run game anyway.

The Cowboys run game isnt used as it should be because Garrett is an *****.

But I again ask the question... If the Texans are better against the run than the pass why run?
Why is it okay to make excuses for every team but the Texans??
Old 10-01-2010   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, the Cowgurls averaged 3.4ish yards a carry, that's not bad rushing defense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read