Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2010   #1
MarioWrecksIt

Default Chron on Cush

This article gave me chills. Only 9 Days!!!

Quote:
"It ought to be like letting a freaking caged animal out," said Cushing's personal trainer Joe DeFranco. "He's got people that love him and a lot of people that want to see him fail and not be in shape. They're asking if he will be smaller, weaker and slower and not going to be the same player.

"He took that personally and is going to quiet all the haters. You'll see a bigger, faster stronger, more violent Brian Cushing. He is going to be like a rabid animal."
Link
Old 10-01-2010   #2
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chron on Cush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioWrecksIt View Post

Link
We can only hope...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 90531 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we'll see a few personal fouls against him next Sunday..............I'm cool with that and I reckon Eli's ecstatic.
Old 10-01-2010   #4
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioWrecksIt View Post

Link

My wife says I've got a full on man crush for Cushing. While I disagree, I can't wait to see him split some heads against the Giants.
Old 10-01-2010   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I am SO ready for the Cush to come back!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

More than anything, I hope his attitude is infectious. Even if he's not the same player physically, his hunger/football mentality should help motivate the rest of the defense
Old 10-01-2010   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, Jerome Soloman hasn't been that bad lately. But, reading what Cushing is doing, I can't wait to see him back on the field. Him just being in the locker room will change the attitude of the team.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2010   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post

My wife says I've got a full on man crush for Cushing. While I disagree, I can't wait to see him split some heads against the Giants.
she says that probably only because she does too.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #9
MarioWrecksIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Him just being in the locker room will change the attitude of the team.
That's what I'm looking forward to the most. I really think he has a huge effects on the overall attitude of the defense and he had that effect as a rookie. With a year under his belt I think he'll command even more respect, be even more outspoken and have a more contagious personality.

....at least that's what I am hoping based on no insider information what-so-ever
Old 10-01-2010   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 73208 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont want to steer the thread off course, but this is why i have a hard time with cushing's failed test. the failed test came before last season and despite being tested more than regularly since then, he's gotten bigger and faster and stronger. you dont have that much discipline and decide to risk it for unnecessary aid and i'm positive he hasnt as a pro.

i say this right now, cushing's 1 - going to put a hurtin on somebody (a whole lot of somebodies). and 2 - in twelve games will statistically destroy every other texan. he's the best cover anything (zone, man, mid, whatever) on the texans which is actually kinda sad, second only to mario as a pass rusher, second only to demeco in run support, the only linebacker we have who can play on the line both as DE and 43 over, and the leader in turnovers (6 last season).

Last edited by Scooter; 10-01-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #11
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 323 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Cush is working harder than ever. I guess that over trained athlete syndrome will be coming up:/. Cush why did you have to be so bad at lying.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #12
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
Cush is working harder than ever. I guess that over trained athlete syndrome will be coming up:/. Cush why did you have to be so bad at lying.
I'm sure he's documenting medical examinations and testing for this possibility.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
I'm sure he's documenting medical examinations and testing for this possibility.
He should be, have an independant lab check blood and urine a few times a week, that way he'll be able to provide many more details to the NFL if the problem should arise again...
Old 10-01-2010   #14
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

According to Solomon's article, he's been tested twice since his suspension. There is no mention of the results.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #15
MarioWrecksIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
According to Solomon's article, he's been tested twice since his suspension. There is no mention of the results.
I'm sure if he tested positive for anything we would have heard about it. I don't know all of the protocol for NFL drug testing but I wouldn't think there would be an option to appeal if you test positive during a suspension.
Old 10-01-2010   #16
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

First, I'm certainly not suggesting that he did fail it, but I wouldn't know the time frame for the results either way. I imagine the NFL appeals process is pretty thorough so even if a test came back negative and he appealed it, it probably wouldn't become public until the appeals process ran it's course. If it's true that his body is generating hCG naturally it's always going to be a possibility.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #17
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Him just being in the locker room will change the attitude of the team.
I agree, and given that whoopin' Dallas put on us, we need that attitude bad.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #18
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Chron on Cush.....

sounds like a cheech and chong movie
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Giants will be a good team to come back against. Hopefully entire team will be up after crushing Oakland. I think Pollard will see a comrade in violence and be extra pumped if that is possible. Hope the flags don't hurt us cause there will be some.
Old 10-01-2010   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Giants will be a good team to come back against. Hopefully entire team will be up after crushing Oakland. I think Pollard will see a comrade in violence and be extra pumped if that is possible. Hope the flags don't hurt us cause there will be some.
I pray to the football gods that the return of The House Of Pain is in our future.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read