Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-30-2010   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default New Tailgate Policy

Link

Quote:
New Policy: The Houston Texans announced a new revision to their gameday ticket policy. Effective immediately the Houston Texans will require all fans who wish to enter Reliant Stadium or its parking lots to possess a gameday ticket.
Not sure how they will check everyone, but FYI.
Old 09-30-2010   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Tailgate Policy

Sounds good to me.
Old 09-30-2010   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

whoah! I know quit a few folks who watch the games in the parking lot. This news is going to jolt a lot of people in a couple of weeks!

What happens if you are meeting someone at the game who has your ticket??
Old 09-30-2010   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Link

Not sure how they will check everyone, but FYI.
Looks like they'll start kicking stragglers out DURING the game.

Not a fan of this policy. I will absolutely come in EARLY for the Giants game in case they start demanding we who our tickets when so enter. I'll bank om delays while folks rummage through their glove boxes looking for their tickets.
Old 09-30-2010   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow...I know someone who tailgates in the Orange lot and hardly ever actually goes into the game...

He's been doing it for a while...I know he's going to be a bit upset...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #6
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 45762 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Say 2 groups of friends from different areas of town both have Orange passes. Say Group A has two extra seats for people coming with Group B. They plan on giving them the tickets when they meet up in the parking lot.

How would that be handled?
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Blame it on the violence, its better than no tailgating at all right? Like the old Astrodome days.
Old 09-30-2010   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Lauren, I honestly don't think the front office really cares about specific scenarios.
Old 09-30-2010   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
Say 2 groups of friends from different areas of town both have Orange passes. Say Group A has two extra seats for people coming with Group B. They plan on giving them the tickets when they meet up in the parking lot.

How would that be handled?
Basically, they'd be JB'ed and told to watch the game from their hotel room..
Old 09-30-2010   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

I honestly don't see how they can enforce it though, at least not for people who would park in the cash lot or somewhere else and walk over to meet friends at a tailgate.
Old 09-30-2010   #11
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the issue is people that don't have a parking pass OR a ticket to the game. Strangers are just wandering over to the tailgates and joining in the parties, with neither tickets to the game OR a parking pass. I would imagine that if you have a parking pass, it should suffice as a "team-issued credential". I don't think they're going to be stopping people with parking passes from entering the parking lot.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #12
JWarren14
Beer Me

Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure of the special circumstances, I don't think they will question people who are behaving, but if people are being asses and they don't have a game ticket PEACE.

Also it says on the link that season ticket holders can buy "guest" tickets for $10 that will allow people into the parking lots.
Old 09-30-2010   #13
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 45762 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Lauren, I honestly don't think the front office really cares about specific scenarios.
I honestly think you're right.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #14
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like this is because of people staying too long after the games.
Season ticket holders will be able to buy "tailgate passes" for $10 each.

Here's the e-mail I received - I bolded the important parts:

Quote:
Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Thank you for your support. You have helped us to create one of the finest sporting experiences in the world, and we are working hard to maintain this standard of excellence for you.

This past weekend we had our largest crowd in franchise history. While we were disappointed with how the game turned out, we are proud of the tremendous crowd support and are appreciative of our great fans like you that made it happen. We also had some significant challenges last Sunday, including traffic, parking and fan behavior in our parking areas. These issues were due primarily to the large number of non-ticketed individuals in our stadium parking lots before, during and, especially, after the game.
Non-ticketed tailgating at Reliant Park on Texans game days has been a growing trend that has become increasingly problematic for us and we have heard complaints from many of our season ticket holders regarding the impact this is having on the quality of their game day experience. It has reached a point that we do not believe we can offer the world-class game day atmosphere you have come to expect from us if we allow this to continue. The tailgating environment we provide has been recognized as the best in the NFL and was established for the enjoyment of you and our other ticketed patrons. So, in order to ensure a great game day experience for you, we will implement the following policy:

All visitors to Reliant Park MUST have a game ticket or other team-issued credential to be on the Reliant Park grounds on Houston Texans home game days.

Please understand that this policy was created after careful study and is a necessary step in order for us to continue to provide you with the fun, festive and friendly environment you have come to expect from us in our parking lots on game day. For your convenience, we will offer a very limited number of tailgate access passes exclusively for season ticket holders at a cost of $10 per pass.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 118212 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Something like this is going to open a huge can of worms! What about the people picking up tickets at the will call window?

Not to mention the people that meet people at the game to get their tickets.
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #16
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew Cowboy fan would ruin it for everybody!
Old 09-30-2010   #17
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
I think the issue is people that don't have a parking pass OR a ticket to the game. Strangers are just wandering over to the tailgates and joining in the parties, with neither tickets to the game OR a parking pass. I would imagine that if you have a parking pass, it should suffice as a "team-issued credential". I don't think they're going to be stopping people with parking passes from entering the parking lot.
I agree. I believe they will enforce this with the "walk-ins" - not with the vehicles with parking passes.

I saw tons of people hauling coolers into the Blue lot as we were trying to get into the stadium. It was 11am. Those people were just there for tailgating and were probably not going into the game. It was a mess trying to get past the people coming in to the lot.
Old 09-30-2010   #18
JWarren14
Beer Me

I don't think it is going to be very strictly enforced unless things get out of hand like this past Sunday. Things should be pretty status quo IMO unless it becomes apparent that there are way too many people roaming around.

Who knows, we will just have to wait and see how it turns out the next couple of games.
Old 09-30-2010   #19
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Something like this is going to open a huge can of worms! What about the people picking up tickets at the will call window?

Not to mention the people that meet people at the game to get their tickets.
With will call I'd imagine you could show a receipt or something of the like and they will let you through. Season ticket holders can send tickets via e-mail, so they won't have sympathy on meeting someone. Might have to pass them through the fence.
Old 09-30-2010   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Not sure of the special circumstances, I don't think they will question people who are behaving, but if people are being asses and they don't have a game ticket PEACE.
Good point. It might just be an official policy that is in place to give them the right to kick people out for whatever reason(s).

Of course, they reserve that right if you are misbehaving and have a ticket, so I'm not sure what they plan to do.

Like JB said, will call tickets and people meeting up for tickets are two scenarios that I've encountered and would be a huge problem if the plan to inspect a lot of people.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read