Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2010   #1
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL
Default Week #4 Fox Sports Power Rankings

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Discuss...
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #2
Ckw

Default Re: Week #4 Fox Sports Power Rankings

What is there to discuss. This is retarded. Sorry but there is no other word to be used for this drivel. Forget the fact that the Texans are rated ridiculously at 12th. The Titans at 3?

The Falcons at 4, both ahead of the Packers and Ravens? Hilarious! The Cowgirls all the way down at #16 when they have only been a couple of plays away from being 3-0?!? As much as it kills me to say, this is preposterous.

Talk about holy overreactions. This moron is basing everything off of one freaking week with many of his picks. But hey, it is just my opinion so no reason mine is better than his...
Old 09-28-2010   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
Gee, the NFL posting a powerranking?? I can almost guess what the rankings are before I even click on the link.

These rankings meant nothing to me the last two weeks. Doesn't mean any more or less now.

But I do find it interesting that they say the Titans have the best running game in the league, when they were shut down week 2, & for most of week 3.

I've got the Giants/Titans on my DVR, already watched it once. I'll break it down later, since we'll be playing both teams this year.

THE NFL, I don't know what you're trying to get at. You'll never hear anyone (other than you) say the The Texans is anything other than the better team of the two. This is a Texans' MB afterall.
Old 09-28-2010   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's another one that's a little more level headed.
ESPN

Discuss...
Old 09-28-2010   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

These people put their money where their mouths are..

Bet US

Titans at 20...... Texans 7

discuss.
Old 09-28-2010   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Here's another one that's a little more level headed.
ESPN

Discuss...
Much better rankings. I think we all know why "The NFL" posted the one he posted.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

The FAnHouse has the Titans in the top ten, albeit at 10.

Texans at 7

Discuss...
Old 09-28-2010   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

CBS has the Texans at seven..... seems to be pretty consistent.

Tacks at 14.

Discuss...
Old 09-28-2010   #9
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just a reminder of how stupid college football is. Thanks goodness in the NFL that stuff is just fodder to read between Sundays.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #10
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58271 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Read who posted it, then discuss
I didn't get past the 'L' in the post before I stopped reading.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #11
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I didn't get past the 'L' in the post before I stopped reading.

Mike
That's really what I should have done.

It will be nice when this troll does what the rest of our previous trolls did and makes like a tree and leaves...
Old 09-28-2010   #12
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
That's really what I should have done.

It will be nice when this troll does what the rest of our previous trolls did and makes like a tree and leaves...
He's only here because he was banned at the other Texans board.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #13
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

Guys.. relax.. I think its insane as well. Thats why I posted it. I dont think the Titans are the 3rd best team in the NFL, not even close. I would rank the Titans around 10-13.

But neither are the Texans. They arent 7th either.

I dont think we know yet who the better team is between the Titans and Texans.

The Titans run game wasnt shut down " for the most part" this week. CJ had 125 yards and 2 TD's. If that is shutdown, I will take it every week.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I have the Texans by 30+.........
Old 09-29-2010   #15
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8236 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't the BCS its the NFL so it will be settled on the field. Don't get your panties in a bunch over some fictional article ranking teams.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #16
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58271 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
G
Is there any reason to go beyond that when I read?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

F a "power rating".

"Just win baby."

:Mr. Al Davis.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Guys.. relax.. I think its insane as well. Thats why I posted it. I dont think the Titans are the 3rd best team in the NFL, not even close. I would rank the Titans around 10-13.

But neither are the Texans. They arent 7th either.

I dont think we know yet who the better team is between the Titans and Texans.

The Titans run game wasnt shut down " for the most part" this week. CJ had 125 yards and 2 TD's. If that is shutdown, I will take it every week.
He had 32 carries for 125, and broke a 42 yard run. He was averaging 2.6 yards a carry. That is shutting a guy down. He gets stopped and then breaks 1 long run to justify his numbers. When he gets hit, he becomes invisible.
Old 09-29-2010   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm actually surprised that more power rankings didn't drop us further.

We've got to bring it this week to prove that we're a top 10 team.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish they did Power Rankings by conference. I think that would be a much better picture of the potential playoff layout.

In any case, it doesn't really matter in the long run, but it's nice when your team is ranked highly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read