Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2010   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Another secondary thread...

Just an observation after watching MNF.

Those Bears DBs have their heads looking around for the ball, hands in the air, hustling in bunches to the ball.....

None of those things are evident in our secondary.

Oh and while I'm putting the boot into them, has anyone else thought that Pollard may be one of the problems with the pass defense, he is AWESOME in run support but can he cover? at all.
Old 09-27-2010   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Another secondary thread...

guess who their DB coach is.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow did not realise that.

I always thought that he was one of our better coaches while he was here.
Old 09-28-2010   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Wilson may have just ridden in his last rodeo as a starter. Too slow to play CF like they need, no tackling presence, no ball skills....wtf is he capable of doing anymore?

Barber = FS

They certainly switch enough personnel in and out. I love Pollard and his lunch pail mentality but that's not covering anything either. If it's 3rd and long and they've got 3+ WR lined up I think giving Nolan some game time would be nothing but a positive all around. Keep Pollard fresh, barking loudly and stopping runs with authority, not getting burned out of the box, give Nolan time to shine. Or hell, stick a CB back there like Molden.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Wow did not realise that.

I always thought that he was one of our better coaches while he was here.
Who is it?

Edit: Ah, Hoke
Old 09-28-2010   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I think Wilson may have just ridden in his last rodeo as a starter. Too slow to play CF like they need, no tackling presence, no ball skills....wtf is he capable of doing anymore?

Barber = FS

They certainly switch enough personnel in and out. I love Pollard and his lunch pail mentality but that's not covering anything either. If it's 3rd and long and they've got 3+ WR lined up I think giving Nolan some game time would be nothing but a positive all around. Keep Pollard fresh, barking loudly and stopping runs with authority, not getting burned out of the box, give Nolan time to shine. Or hell, stick a CB back there like Molden.
Two things.

1. I would like to see Nolan at SS and Pollard play Nickle LB on 3rd and long.

2. Who is this Molden you speak of? Is there a Texan with that name? I have never seen him. He is like a Unicorn or an Eskimo, a mythical creature.
Old 09-28-2010   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Just an observation after watching MNF.

Those Bears DBs have their heads looking around for the ball, hands in the air, hustling in bunches to the ball.....

None of those things are evident in our secondary.

Oh and while I'm putting the boot into them, has anyone else thought that Pollard may be one of the problems with the pass defense, he is AWESOME in run support but can he cover? at all.
As much as I love someone who knocks the piss outta someone, Pollard's never been all that good in coverage. He's all about run support.
Old 09-28-2010   #8
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Two things.

1. I would like to see Nolan at SS and Pollard play Nickle LB on 3rd and long.

2. Who is this Molden you speak of? Is there a Texan with that name? I have never seen him. He is like a Unicorn or an Eskimo, a mythical creature.
1. Agreed on Nolan but when Cush comes back where do you put him? DE/OLB like they had Barwin going? Hmmmm that's interesting...still, Pollard isn't fooling anyone as a coverage man so having him on obvious passing plays is kind of why we want to see Nolan instead.

2. hahahaha....fair enough.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

This team needs to make a trade for a veteran corner. If they stand pat then the Texans will be watching the playoffs. This is the year to make a run because there is a strike looming over next season. Just do it.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Pollard have that almost pick that Romo was trying to throw out of bounds?

I don't thin Pollard is a problem in pass defense...He's always around the ball and he's a really good tackler. I think that as a SS his covg is fine.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Didn't Pollard have that almost pick that Romo was trying to throw out of bounds?

I don't thin Pollard is a problem in pass defense...He's always around the ball and he's a really good tackler. I think that as a SS his covg is fine.
Of the 4, Pollard is the one that I would go to war with. It's the two youngins and the one oldin', that I have the real issues with.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read