Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hey Matt

Just wanted to remind you that if there is a lane for you to run, go ahead and do so man. Even if it is 3 yards and a slide, 2nd and 7, 3rd and 2 keeps us on schedule. This offense is very dependent on staying on schedule and if you look at the successful QBs that have been in this offense, they all had the ability to run out of the pocket. I'm not askng you to be John Elway, Steve Young, Jake Plummer, Donovan Mcnabb or even Joe Montana. I'm just asking that if it looks like you can grab 3-7 yards on a small run to go ahead and take it and let's not only live to play another down, but live to play a shorter down.

Don't get me wrong, I think you are the man and certainly the QB for this franchise and our future and I certainly do appreciate your ability to keep your shoulders square to the LOS and eyes downfield and most of the time you've been able to make some pretty good plays. However, if you can add an element to your game by just keeping the D honest it would help us tremendously. To me you are dangerous when we are on schedule, and now that you got a running game, anything you do to make 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 4 is going to make the defense respect our ability to run and blitzes will be fewer.

Other than that man, thanks for the 2-1 start and good luck next week.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #2
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey Matt

I can't decide who's slower; Matt Schaub or Yao Ming.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #3
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 29730 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker View Post
Its bad when Matt Turk has 3 tenths of a second on you in the 40!!!!
Old 09-27-2010   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is actually something Kubiak mentioned before the season started about Schaub. He wanted him to run more if its there. He hasn't done it yet.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #5
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Rep Power: 29730 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Just wanted to remind you that if there is a lane for you to run, go ahead and do so man. Even if it is 3 yards and a slide, 2nd and 7, 3rd and 2 keeps us on schedule. This offense is very dependent on staying on schedule and if you look at the successful QBs that have been in this offense, they all had the ability to run out of the pocket. I'm not askng you to be John Elway, Steve Young, Jake Plummer, Donovan Mcnabb or even Joe Montana. I'm just asking that if it looks like you can grab 3-7 yards on a small run to go ahead and take it and let's not only live to play another down, but live to play a shorter down.

Don't get me wrong, I think you are the man and certainly the QB for this franchise and our future and I certainly do appreciate your ability to keep your shoulders square to the LOS and eyes downfield and most of the time you've been able to make some pretty good plays. However, if you can add an element to your game by just keeping the D honest it would help us tremendously. To me you are dangerous when we are on schedule, and now that you got a running game, anything you do to make 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 4 is going to make the defense respect our ability to run and blitzes will be fewer.

Other than that man, thanks for the 2-1 start and good luck next week.

I think Matt will get it together and get back in form, but I can't decide if he has Carritis, or Rosenfeuls Syndrome.

Carritis: Holding on to the ball for 8 plus seconds.

Rosenfeuls Syndrome: An affliction that causes a player to try to win a game in every play to get a shot at bieng a starter.

So is Matt just holding on to the ball to long, or is he trying to make something out of nothing????
Old 09-27-2010   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker View Post
I know but sometimes there are lanes where Matt could walk for 4 or 5 yards instead of throwing an incomplete pass or throwing it out of bounds.

In Washington he made some great plays by extending the play but sometimes you as a QB have to do what's best for the team and get the yards. It sets up the next play and keeps defenders at bay.

Today I saw Jay Cutler extend a few drives by running for whatever he could get and each time he did that, the Bears scored points.
Old 09-27-2010   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I know but sometimes there are lanes where Matt could walk for 4 or 5 yards instead of throwing an incomplete pass or throwing it out of bounds.

In Washington he made some great plays by extending the play but sometimes you as a QB have to do what's best for the team and get the yards. It sets up the next play and keeps defenders at bay.

Today I saw Jay Cutler extend a few drives by running for whatever he could get and each time he did that, the Bears scored points.
Hell he can't be any worse than Chris Brown at running the ball, and he's probably not half bad at a half back pass!!!!

I say we go with the Matt Schaub Wildcat Baby!!!!!
Old 09-27-2010   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

he just needs to be like manning and sense the pressure better
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #9
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
he just needs to be like manning and sense the pressure better

It seemed like he was doing better with that and he was doing the Manning tuck when he knew it was immenent, but for god sakes man throw it away!!!!
Old 09-27-2010   #10
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post

defensive coordinators nightmare.

opposing defenses wouldn't know what to do
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
defensive coordinators nightmare.

opposing defenses wouldn't know what to do
Matt Schaub running Wildcat is like punting on second down.
Old 09-28-2010   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard at the combine they measured Matt's 40 by the movement of a glacier.
Old 09-28-2010   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
What are you trying to say?
Old 09-28-2010   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I felt that long INT he threw on Sunday was about as Puntish as they come.

A not terrible pick because it put us in great field position.
Old 09-28-2010   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm good with his pocket presence. Him flat out running though, it seems like almost every play he is running anyway so.....why not?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Wild Tortoise??
Old 09-28-2010   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

matt running? no freaking way. what happened to fragile matt? now we want him to run. didnt he turn his ankle running out of bounds once?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not want to see our only QB lying defenseless on ground after sliding. Getting a 15 yard penalty does little for broken ribs or shoulder dislocations.
Old 09-28-2010   #19
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ok with him running. It'll shut up all the VY fans. Now who's laughing biatch! See our QB can scramble for a game winning TD....if no one else is on the field....and quarters are longer than 45 minutes.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I'm not saying to just take off running or for us to design a QB sneak or anything. I'm asking him to recognize that guys aren't open and then tuck it for a couple of yards rather than just throw it away. I believe there was one drive yesterday where we were at Dallas' 40 yard line and we had 2nd 8 or something like that and he got rushed out of the pocket. He could've ran for the first or even a couple of yards. Even Troy Aikman noticed that. Instead he throws it and ball goes incomplete, 3rd and 8 and he gets sacked and we are out of FG range.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read