Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2010   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why don't the Texans seem to get it?

What I don't understand is why the Texans from the players on up don't seem to understand how badly Texan Fan needs that win. They spent all week talking about how little they cared about this game and how it was just another team on the schedule.

The entire time they were doing that the roar of the fans grew louder and I find it impossible to believe that they didn't know what that win would mean to us. We get Dallas at home once every 8 years. Do you know how many Texans players were on the team that won 19-10 in 2002? Not a damn one. Think about that. Any idea how many Texans players from this loss will face the Cowboys again at home the next time this game comes to town? Maybe some of the rookies. Mario will be retired by then in all likelyhood. Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub will most likely be a memory too. We get this game rarely. The Texans players can't even count on getting to play Dallas at home more than once in a career.

This needed to be a win. We need this win like Aggie Fan needs to beat UT or Longhorn Fan needs to beat OU. We need it like Auburn fan wants to win against Alabama. It's IMPORTANT TO US!

Sure, there are priorities. There's a "plan" and we need to beat our division rivals more than we do the Cowboys from the NFC East but who gets excited about sending Jacksonville packing? Tennessee and Indianapolis we crave wins against but we get to tilt at those windmills every single season. The next time we play the Cowboys it will be up there in Dallas at the Legion of Doom headquarters.

Oh well, like I said before in the other thread all we can do is try to arrange a third meeting by making it to the Super Bowl and hoping they are there too.

The way I see things right now we're 2-1 with a winnable game in Oakland coming up.

2-1

@ Raiders (W) = 3-1

Get Cushing back

vs. Giants (W) = 4-1
vs. Chiefs (W) = 5-1

Bye Week. Make it the break at 5-1 and we are getting it done. After that things get murky wit this schedule

@ Colts
vs. Chargers
@ Jaguars
@ Jets
vs. Titans
@ Eagles
vs. Ravens
@ Broncos
vs. Jaguars

Ok, If you think about our division thenwe're most likely going to split with the Colts making us 5-2. That leaves 4 division games against the Jaguars and Titans. If we're able to split with the Titans and sweep the Jaguars then we've got ourselves 3 more wins. That's 8-2 with remaining games against the

Chargers
Jets
Eagles
Ravens
Broncos

We need to find at least two more wins in there. None of them look easy to me but I think we can manage two more wins and a 10-6 record.
Old 09-27-2010   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why don't the Texans seem to get it?

I think the reason is because there is no team loyalty anymore. These guys are NFL players first, and Texans second (well, most of them).

They don't want to look the part of the hometown player. They want to come off as the bigger, businessman type. If Dallas says there is no rivalry, you better believe none of our players will admit to it.

As fans, this kind of was our superbowl. This game really does mean a lot to the city of Houston and the popularity of football in Texas. Its a slap in the face to ignore it completely and come out that flat
Old 09-27-2010   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

The season is still young My friend ONE WEEK AT A TIME !!!!!!!!

and to look ahead why cant we sweep our entire divison why not lets have that swag

Sweep colts

Sweep jags

Sweep titans

Get revenge on the Jets

Shine on MNF and take out the ratbirds

!!!!!!! the players are not in panic mode so yeah im not either
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #4
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Rivalries between fans and rivalries between teams/players are very different. We don't play the Cowboys very often, so the rivalry between the teams/players is basically non-existant. The Colts and Titans we play all the time, so both rivalries are apparent.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I think the reason is because there is no team loyalty anymore. These guys are NFL players first, and Texans second (well, most of them).
I disagree. I think they don't get it because it's irrational.

The very reasons presented here for why this is such an important game (namely, once every 8 years), is the very reason it's just another game to the players.

These guys haven't grown up in Houston. They don't get the hatred for Dallas. They haven't been fully exposed to the Cowboy fans in this city. That's why they don't get it.

That said, I agree with your assessment Herv. I think 10(+) wins is very attainable. Out of Philly, SD, and Denver, at least 2 wins should be a piece of cake, assuming we are who we think we are.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #6
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with the Raiders and Giants being winnable games. The Chiefs are 3-0 and look like they are a very good team. It is a home game, but if we're going to beat them we're going to need everything to be clicking.

I think the Chargers are beatable too. They maybe 1-2 right now, but they lost to the Chiefs and Seahawks which are both good teams.

I think we have to beat the Titans twice. Our run defense is going to get a serious test, but they can't pass the ball with VY. Our offense should match up well with their defense.

The Jets are going to be a real difficult team to beat and it's in New York.

The Eagles in Philly likewise. I think with Vick at the helm they will pose problems, but Vick is as likely to beat his own team as he is to win the game. I like our chances though.

I think we need to take one from the Broncos. It's a team that has talent, but they struggle with inconsistent play.

I'm unsure about the Ravens. Their defense is going to be stellar, and Flacco can throw the ball. Hopefully by then we have worked out the kinks in our secondary.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

No reason to panic
This game wasn't as important as the divisional games coming up. There is no rivalry. There never has been and there won't be any time soon. This game could have planted a seed of rivalry by ending their season in Week3. But the texans failed to plant the seed. Just another non-conference game

A rivalry has to be two ways
It's all one way with this 'rivalry'

I look forward to the Texans moving past the loss and focusing for the raiders. Nothing wrong with 3-1 with Cushing comingback

The titans are our true rival
The texans have to finally find a way to beat VY
Old 09-27-2010   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

At what point do we give the other team some credit?

I know that as human beings we are naturally egocentric. But sometimes your team doesn't play as well as the other team is making them look, and sometimes your team is not as bad as the other team makes them look.

I think the Texans are somewhere in between the team that beat the Colts and loss to the Cowboys.

Hopefully we get better throughout the year. The team played bad yesterday. There's no doubt about it. But I also think that the Cowboys made some really good plays.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

SH is pwning you guys, but this time he's doing it by displaying a sense of calmness when others are freaking out.

He knows what I know: Cushing being absent hurts this WHOLE team. To answer somebody else (Thunderkyss, I think): The reason Cushing helps the whole team is because he controls his area and allows the whole defense to do better...which means Schaub and his offense do not have to carry the burden the whole game.

This is why.

Schaub and this offense are NOT the team who can match a team score-for-score. The reason we beat the Colts was because our defense found a way to get a critical turnover when a Colts WR caught the ball on a huge play near the end zone and he fumbled it to us.

Our offense is based on methodically moving down the field, eating clock, and staying ahead of the other team's offense. The rally vs. the Redskins was the exception to the rule, IMO. It was a gift from the football gods or something. Because this team is not as wide-open run-n-shoot as they have been made out to be.

If our defense doesn't hold the other team down, and therefore the opposing offense scores TDs on a consistent basis, our own offense begins to crumble due to one thing: TIME. It needs t-i-m-e to move down the field. Every play sets up the next play. But if we're down by too much, we're just like any other team who is put in that scenario: You're going to force things that you shouldn't.

The past two weeks, there has been some fluky things that have aided our defense. With Cushing in there, he tends to make his own luck. 4 sacks and 4 interceptions last year.

Everyone, on both sides of the ball, seems to play better when Cush is there.
Old 09-27-2010   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
SH is pwning you guys, but this time he's doing it by displaying a sense of calmness when others are freaking out.

He knows what I know: Cushing being absent hurts this WHOLE team. To answer somebody else (Thunderkyss, I think): The reason Cushing helps the whole team is because he controls his area and allows the whole defense to do better...which means Schaub and his offense do not have to carry the burden the whole game.

This is why.

Schaub and this offense are NOT the team who can match a team score-for-score. The reason we beat the Colts was because our defense found a way to get a critical turnover when a Colts WR caught the ball on a huge play near the end zone and he fumbled it to us.

Our offense is based on methodically moving down the field, eating clock, and staying ahead of the other team's offense. The rally vs. the Redskins was the exception to the rule, IMO. It was a gift from the football gods or something. Because this team is not as wide-open run-n-shoot as they have been made out to be.

If our defense doesn't hold the other team down, and therefore the opposing offense scores TDs on a consistent basis, our own offense begins to crumble due to one thing: TIME. It needs t-i-m-e to move down the field. Every play sets up the next play. But if we're down by too much, we're just like any other team who is put in that scenario: You're going to force things that you shouldn't.

The past two weeks, there has been some fluky things that have aided our defense. With Cushing in there, he tends to make his own luck. 4 sacks and 4 interceptions last year.

Everyone, on both sides of the ball, seems to play better when Cush is there.
Every day the bucket goes to the well , one day the bottom will drop out . They beat the Raiders and they are ok .
Old 09-27-2010   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with this post. I'm just tired of being looked at as the guy that likes "the bad team". For once I just want the opportunity to look at Cowboy fans and see them looking sad because their team aint my team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we don't see "that" Texans team again this year. Losing is one thing, it happens. It is unrealistic to expect a perfect season. But how they lose is a completely different matter.

I had hoped that the Texans were turning a corner with the first two games, that this team had the propensity to fight and show up to every game. But after yesterday, m'eh, not so much. We're back to hoping that the good Texans team shows up now, with at least the knowledge that when the good team shows up they can beat anyone.

That was roll over for a tummy scratch and tails between the legs performance yesterday. You know what I'm talking about when that dog won't hunt. It rolls over and tinkles on itself. That's what I felt like I was witnessing yesterday. Our team peeing down it's leg and telling us it's raining.

It never seemed like any phase of the team was putting up much of a fight. Simply put, I felt disgusted by a pathetic display of putridness that really just made me sick that our team just got it's ass handed to it by the freakin' Dallas Cowboys. They should be ashamed to put forth a such a sorry, low caliber performance in front of their hometown fans. Seriously, they don't even deserve a paycheck for that crap.

Pick up your boots, Texans, and let's see you PROVE it to your fans that our restored faith in you was based on real potential, and not some delusion.

[/rant]
Old 09-27-2010   #13
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, winning against the Cowboys isn't all that important to me, either. Beating the Colts and Titans is much more important to me. For that matter, so is beating the Ravens, who have routinely whooped our ass in the past.

The Cowboys are just another team as far as I'm concerned and the original post in this thread comes off as more than a bit whiney.

Now as far as the Texans play, THAT was embarassing. When we play like that, I don't care who it's against, it's not a whole lot of fun.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #14
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I hope we don't see "that" Texans team again this year. Losing is one thing, it happens. It is unrealistic to expect a perfect season. But how they lose is a completely different matter.

I had hoped that the Texans were turning a corner with the first two games, that this team had the propensity to fight and show up to every game. But after yesterday, m'eh, not so much. We're back to hoping that the good Texans team shows up now, with at least the knowledge that when the good team shows up they can beat anyone.

That was roll over for a tummy scratch and tails between the legs performance yesterday. You know what I'm talking about when that dog won't hunt. It rolls over and tinkles on itself. That's what I felt like I was witnessing yesterday. Our team peeing down it's leg and telling us it's raining.

It never seemed like any phase of the team was putting up much of a fight. Simply put, I felt disgusted by a pathetic display of putridness that really just made me sick that our team just got it's ass handed to it by the freakin' Dallas Cowboys. They should be ashamed to put forth a such a sorry, low caliber performance in front of their hometown fans. Seriously, they don't even deserve a paycheck for that crap.

Pick up your boots, Texans, and let's see you PROVE it to your fans that our restored faith in you was based on real potential, and not some delusion.

[/rant]

My sentiments exactly and then for Winston to get up in the post game presser and say he was not embarrassed by the team's performance demonstrates to me that maybe they still don't get it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Because none of them are from Houston. They couldn't care less how we feel about Dallas and rightfully so.

On the other hand....

With 69,999 (and 1 asshole telling me to sit down instead of cheering for his team) fans cheering THAT loudly...there is ZERO reason to be anything other than PUMPED......doesn't matter WHO the opposing team is. WE took care of what WE take care of, hating Dallas and showing it. THEY are supposed to take that energy and KNOCK SOMEONE THE HELL OUT!!!!!!! Instead they just thoroughly proved how little they cared about Dallas.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Meh, winning against the Cowboys isn't all that important to me, either. Beating the Colts and Titans is much more important to me. For that matter, so is beating the Ravens, who have routinely whooped our ass in the past.

The Cowboys are just another team as far as I'm concerned and the original post in this thread comes off as more than a bit whiney.

Now as far as the Texans play, THAT was embarassing. When we play like that, I don't care who it's against, it's not a whole lot of fun.
While I certainly agree that in the big scheme of things, losing to an NFC opponent is much better than losing a division game, my perspective was more about your last point: how they lost the game.

If they play like that again, I wouldn't expect them to win squat.
Old 09-27-2010   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post

My sentiments exactly and then for Winston to get up in the post game presser and say he was not embarrassed by the team's performance demonstrates to me that maybe they still don't get it.
Well, maybe Winston doesn't get it. Go read what Pollard and Foster were saying after the game.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 123638 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
What I don't understand is why the Texans from the players on up don't seem to understand how badly Texan Fan needs that win. They spent all week talking about how little they cared about this game and how it was just another team on the schedule.

The entire time they were doing that the roar of the fans grew louder and I find it impossible to believe that they didn't know what that win would mean to us. We get Dallas at home once every 8 years. Do you know how many Texans players were on the team that won 19-10 in 2002? Not a damn one. Think about that. Any idea how many Texans players from this loss will face the Cowboys again at home the next time this game comes to town? Maybe some of the rookies. Mario will be retired by then in all likelyhood. Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub will most likely be a memory too. We get this game rarely. The Texans players can't even count on getting to play Dallas at home more than once in a career.

This needed to be a win. We need this win like Aggie Fan needs to beat UT or Longhorn Fan needs to beat OU. We need it like Auburn fan wants to win against Alabama. It's IMPORTANT TO US!

Sure, there are priorities. There's a "plan" and we need to beat our division rivals more than we do the Cowboys from the NFC East but who gets excited about sending Jacksonville packing? Tennessee and Indianapolis we crave wins against but we get to tilt at those windmills every single season. The next time we play the Cowboys it will be up there in Dallas at the Legion of Doom headquarters.

Oh well, like I said before in the other thread all we can do is try to arrange a third meeting by making it to the Super Bowl and hoping they are there too.

The way I see things right now we're 2-1 with a winnable game in Oakland coming up.

2-1

@ Raiders (W) = 3-1

Get Cushing back

vs. Giants (W) = 4-1
vs. Chiefs (W) = 5-1

Bye Week. Make it the break at 5-1 and we are getting it done. After that things get murky wit this schedule

@ Colts
vs. Chargers
@ Jaguars
@ Jets
vs. Titans
@ Eagles
vs. Ravens
@ Broncos
vs. Jaguars

Ok, If you think about our division thenwe're most likely going to split with the Colts making us 5-2. That leaves 4 division games against the Jaguars and Titans. If we're able to split with the Titans and sweep the Jaguars then we've got ourselves 3 more wins. That's 8-2 with remaining games against the

Chargers
Jets
Eagles
Ravens
Broncos

We need to find at least two more wins in there. None of them look easy to me but I think we can manage two more wins and a 10-6 record.
I'm sorry but I stopped right there. What ever gave you the idea your/our Houston Texans give a damn about you/us? I never went into that delusion for a second. I'm not picking on the Texans either. Pro teams are pro teams. They are in it for about 3 things and the fan is about the 6th reason.
Old 09-27-2010   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, maybe it was Mario talking about how he takes what opposing fans say and do out on their QB's? Maybe it was players talking about how they feed off the energy in the stadium?

Maybe I'm just guilty of buying their bullshit.

Could be.
Old 09-27-2010   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 123638 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I dunno, maybe it was Mario talking about how he takes what opposing fans say and do out on their QB's? Maybe it was players talking about how they feed off the energy in the stadium?

Maybe I'm just guilty of buying their bullshit.

Could be.
Guess so. Yeah, players feeding off fans is a good way to put it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read