Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2010   #1
small nizzle
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 small nizzle small nizzle small nizzle small nizzle small nizzle small nizzle
Default Jeremiah Johnson to backup Foster

why was this guy cut? slaton is not an acceptable backup. ward looks to be done. What if foster goes down? What about the 5-10 carries slaton wastes that could goto a younger healthier back?

We all blew off foster last year because of his injury and practice squad title, we liked slaton for awhile ,then kubiak puts in cris brown, we all got surprised by foster. Why not give the guy a shot ? Its been 4 weeks from his injury to heal.
small nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jeremiah Johnson to backup Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by small nizzle View Post
why was this guy cut? slaton is not an acceptable backup. ward looks to be done. What if foster goes down? What about the 5-10 carries slaton wastes that could goto a younger healthier back?

We all blew off foster last year because of his injury and practice squad title, we liked slaton for awhile ,then kubiak puts in cris brown, we all got surprised by foster. Why not give the guy a shot ? Its been 4 weeks from his injury to heal.
Jeremiah Johnson wasn't cut. He's on the PUP due to an injury.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeremiah Johnson dislocated his toe. He's not playing for anybody right now and can't back up Foster (though he's arguably got the potential to be an upgrade over Steve Slaton considering what we've gotten out of him recently).

I don't know if he was released with an injury settlement or what. It's like he vanished into thin air and I didn't get that. He was easily our second best RB in preseason and seems to have a really good feel for running in this scheme.
Old 09-27-2010   #4
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

GB
Old 09-27-2010   #5
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11356 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I am wondering too where is he on a possible addition back to the team and how the toe was coming along. I think he did a nice return in preseason, I know it was preseason but still, he may be able to get Slaton out of the #2 spot at relieving Foster and start doing the kick offs too. I am correct on the kick off return in preseason? Does anyone else remember?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Slaton needs to be off the field for good.

He needs to be cut next year and we need to have another kick returner and we need to have another #2 RB. He may go on to do good things with another club, but his time here looks like it's done. He looks like he can't make anybody miss, and he's always running into piles of bodies.

I've seen this from too many Texans players before. I don't have a specific name for it, but I can spot it from a mile away.

Happy trails Steve.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not according to the Texans website. He's nowhere to be found.
Old 09-27-2010   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post

GB
I failed?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #9
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I failed?
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=11
Old 09-27-2010   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I am wondering too where is he on a possible addition back to the team and how the toe was coming along. I think he did a nice return in preseason, I know it was preseason but still, he may be able to get Slaton out of the #2 spot at relieving Foster and start doing the kick offs too. I am correct on the kick off return in preseason? Does anyone else remember?
I look for Trindon Holliday to be returning and Tate to be your alternate back.
Old 09-27-2010   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans September 4: Signed RB Derrick Ward. Released RB Chris Henry, RB Jeremiah Johnson K Kris Brown, CB Jacques Reeves, QB John David Booty, FB Jack Corcoran, TE Derek Fine, LB Isaiah Greenhouse, LB Will Patterson, OL Brett Helms, OL Steve Maneri, OL Cole Pemberton, OL Adam Stenavich, OL Chris White, WR Derrick Townsel, WR Bobby Williams, DL DelJuan Robinson, DL Malcolm Sheppard, DL Mitch Unrein, CB Mark Parson and S Torri Williams. Placed WR Andre Davis on injured reserve. Placed TE Anthony Hill on the physically unable to perform list. Waived DB Ray Fisher, DB Danny Gorrer, DB Ashton Hall, DB Terrail Lambert, DB Mike Newton, DB Glenn Sharpe, DB Terrell Skinner, WR Sam Giguere, WR Brandon James, WR Taj Smith, WR Blair White, OL Chris Marinelli, OL Adrian Martinez, OL Adam Terry, OL James Williams, DL Ervin Baldwin, DL John Chick, DL Marlon Favorite, RB Javarris James, RB Allen Patrick, QB Tom Brandstater, TE Colin Cloherty and LB Vuna Tuihalamaka.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...playerId=12504
Old 09-27-2010   #12
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread title needs to be edited ASAP as it reads as "breaking news."

Not only is he not going to back up Foster, he's not even on the damn team.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

He needs to be cut next year and we need to have another kick returner and we need to have another #2 RB. He may go on to do good things with another club, but his time here looks like it's done. He looks like he can't make anybody miss, and he's always running into piles of bodies.

I've seen this from too many Texans players before. I don't have a specific name for it, but I can spot it from a mile away.

Happy trails Steve.
Here's a possible name for it: Pile-driving.

Definition: Running into a pile, effectively ending a play short of the line of scrimmage. See: Steve Slaton.
Old 09-27-2010   #14
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Mailman. The title is misleading. I saw the title and said "WTF, did they sign him this morning or something?"

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #15
DeMarCushPoll
UDFA

Rep Power: 38 DeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Happy trails Steve.

I egree, he's a shell of himself from 2008 and looks totally out of place on KO returns. If you can call it that.

Bill Shankly
DeMarCushPoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I failed?
Sorry GB, but yes that was FAIL.

He was waived.
Old 09-27-2010   #17
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

super misleading thread title sucks.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, the title of this got my hopes up just to dash them on the rocks of reality.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are some of y'all changing your user name to green?
Old 09-27-2010   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Why are some of y'all changing your user name to green?
It changes when you donate money to support the site.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read