Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52945 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why I am not too down over losing

From week to week the NFL is a roller coaster ride of emotion. One week you feel great another week you are down. Cowboys fans went back to whatever it is they do when they are not wanting to talk about their team the last 2 weeks to now calling in to radio shows, posting on my FB wall, etc.

The last 2 weeks it has been cool reading and discussing the Texans to now discussing how bad they were on Sunday.

To me that is what is great about the NFL unlike college when your team loses the rest of the season is pretty much down because they have no shot at doing anything.

Believe me there will be more weeks this season when the Boys fans are down and out and not wanting to discuss their team and the Texans fans will be on a high again. Unfortnately I have to root for the Cowboy fans to continue on their high for at least one more game because they are playing VY and Bud Adams. The schedule is evil.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I am not too down over losing

I'm not overly worried about yesterday, but I am a little worried.

The outcome really didn't surprise me that much. In fact, behind the scenes HOU-TEX and I both expressed concern to each other heading into this weekend.
Old 09-27-2010   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

The outcome really didn't surprise me that much. In fact, behind the scenes HOU-TEX and I both expressed concern to each other heading into this weekend.
True dat. It sucked, but for some reason I just wasn't as upset as I'd normally get.

That said, I'm completely pissed about our continued defensive struggles. I was expecting more from them, even without Cush
Old 09-27-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
From week to week the NFL is a roller coaster ride of emotion. One week you feel great another week you are down. Cowboys fans went back to whatever it is they do when they are not wanting to talk about their team the last 2 weeks to now calling in to radio shows, posting on my FB wall, etc.

The last 2 weeks it has been cool reading and discussing the Texans to now discussing how bad they were on Sunday.

To me that is what is great about the NFL unlike college when your team loses the rest of the season is pretty much down because they have no shot at doing anything.

Believe me there will be more weeks this season when the Boys fans are down and out and not wanting to discuss their team and the Texans fans will be on a high again. Unfortnately I have to root for the Cowboy fans to continue on their high for at least one more game because they are playing VY and Bud Adams. The schedule is evil.
They also play Indy!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

A week from now there's no reason for them not to be 3-1 . If they're 2-2 , then it's gonna be an average kinda year agian .
Old 09-27-2010   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
True dat. It sucked, but for some reason I just wasn't as upset as I'd normally get.

That said, I'm completely pissed about our continued defensive struggles. I was expecting more from them, even without Cush
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with venting. I accept that our defense sucks.

Now it's time to focus on Oakland.
Old 09-27-2010   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

A great offense and a below average to poor defense might get you into the playoffs, but it won't get you a Super Bowl trophy. Now, at this point, I'll accept just making it to the playoffs and chalking that up to progress.

I really do want the home town coach to shine, but he still worries me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2010   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's see, Schaub was throwing all around the WR/TEs, the oline looked the worst in 7 games, Eric Winston had his second bad game in a row, Slaton convinced me he does not deserve to be on the roster, defensive front 7 looked pathetic which allowed our young CBs to look even worse than they should, Eugene Wilison went from slow to slower and did Nolan even get on the field? Adibi should not be a starter.

No, nothing much to be concerned about.
Old 09-27-2010   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not to worried. People thought the COwboys were some terrible team just because they struggled in their first two games that they both almost won.

I think the Texans will beat the crap out of Oakland.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #10
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
A week from now there's no reason for them not to be 3-1 . If they're 2-2 , then it's gonna be an average kinda year agian .
Yep...gonna learn a lot next week. If its even close, I am going to be worried going forward.
Old 09-27-2010   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

im not down either ... i cant wait for the oakland game its time to Win in the black hole hell david car did it like 5 years ago its time to do it agian LOL

TBH i was more worried about teh RAIDERS then COwgirls

the raiders almost beat dallas last year dont sleep on the raiders but i still think the texans will have something to prove hopefully we destory the raiders
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just thankfull to Hookem for getting this site back up & running so we all have a forum to express our opinions & revel in each others passion for all things Texans.
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
From week to week the NFL is a roller coaster ride of emotion. One week you feel great another week you are down.
This ^^^^^

Every team loses a few games that it shouldn't. The Saints shouldn't have lost to the Falcons this past Sunday, but that doesn't hijack the really good teams' and their outlook going into the next week.

They find a way to learn, and find a way to go on maybe a 3-game winning streak after that one loss. Sometimes you string together even a 4-game streak.

How long did everybody expect us to go before we had that letdown game we just had? It would be wise to look at the NFL schedule in 4-game chunks. If we go 3-1 in our first four games, doesn't that help us to go through the next 4-game chunk of games? Knowing that we only lost one game out of the previous four.

4-game chunks multiplied by 4 = 16 games.

It would be wise, IMO, to grade this team based on a quarterly (4-game chunk) basis.
Old 09-27-2010   #14
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm not to worried. People thought the COwboys were some terrible team just because they struggled in their first two games that they both almost won.

I think the Texans will beat the crap out of Oakland.
Yeah, I was worried about Dallas all of last week. They are a good team that had been underperforming and DEFINITELY had the talent and, in the third week, had the desperation to win.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't really as angry as I thought either. Except it being the Cowboys. I just figure it's because we're in good shape after these three games. We share 1st place in the division at 2-1 so for now I'm in a good place.

Although yesterday took some of the feeling away, I still get a totally different gut feeling on this team and it feels confident.
Old 09-27-2010   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys must have watched a different game than I did.
Old 09-27-2010   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You guys must have watched a different game than I did.
We don't all react the same way to the same thing. I thought I would be beside myself after this loss but as it turned out my mind let me off the hook with the big picture.
Old 09-27-2010   #18
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

People are down for 3 reasons:

#3) We want to win

#2) We hate to loose the way we did. Its too familar to people

#1) It was a loss to the Cowboys. Had it been Green Bay, Atlanta, even New Orleans it wouldnt hurt so bad. Cowboys fans make it worse. Thats what stings about this loss and has some really piss.

My two cents.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #19
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
People are down for 3 reasons:

#3) We want to win

#2) We hate to loose the way we did. Its too familar to people

#1) It was a loss to the Cowboys. Had it been Green Bay, Atlanta, even New Orleans it wouldnt hurt so bad. Cowboys fans make it worse. Thats what stings about this loss and has some really piss.

My two cents.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

and the nonchalant comments a lot of the players had afterwards. If they can't feel the passion from the fan base, then they really are just punching a time clock.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #20
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you guys who aren't too down over losing sure that you haven't reached the apathetic stage?

Not accusing, just asking.

The reason I ask is that I reached that stage last year and it appears that our players are there also.

Has anyone seen a quote from any of the players that express any anger that the team played so badly?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read