Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
qman_tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 79 qman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans @ Oakland

Im sure ya fellow fans remember our last game in Oakland:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23R65rpYNTQ

Former NFL's worst QB destroying us and Schaub having an off game.

I expect Schaub to have a big game this coming Sunday...

Your thoughts...
qman_tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans @ Oakland

I hate to say it but I think we lose next week at Oakland. I've had a bad feeling about this game since the schedule came out.

Hope I'm wrong.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its gonna be an Arian Foster field day. Oakland is a really undisciplined run defense. Foster's gonna get 30+ carries and how well we run it will decide this game.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

This has trap game written all over it, and Oakland didn't look too bad today. I don't like it.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
This has trap game written all over it, and Oakland didn't look too bad today. I don't like it.
Trap game? Maybe if we had beat the Cowboys today, but the team has Oakland circled now. I don't think there is any chance we lose this game (if the team is feeling anything like I am right now).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #6
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
THIS has trap game written all over it?? THIS one??
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Well good thing Fat albert is not playing then that arm strength was pretty impressive im not gonna LIe
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2010   #8
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans should win this one. Our LT Henderson is a joke and has been getting Campbell & Grads killed in these past 3 games. Gradkowski clicks much better with our team than Campbell does, but he definitely isn't leaps and bounds better than JC. Today's game could have been a hell of a lot different if Arizona's D knew how to catch, Grads threw about 2-3 balls that could have been intercepted easily.

McFadden is finally turning into the RB Raiders fans were hoping for, and now that Bush is back we finally have a decent run game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I think its gonna be an Arian Foster field day. Oakland is a really undisciplined run defense. Foster's gonna get 30+ carries and how well we run it will decide this game.
Yes our run D sucks, but after watching these past few games, I'm beginning to think our pass D is worse. I don't need to talk about Nnamdi, he's a beast, but our other CBs (Routt/McFadden) blow. Our safeties aren't doing much better either.

The only chance the Raiders have of winning this game is to pick on the rookie CB as much as possible. DHB is known for his speed, and he is much better than he was last year (I know that really doesn't mean much) and Murphy is almost as fast so I'm hoping they'll be able to get open frequently. Grads will have a safety net in our TE, Zach Miller, so I'm hoping he uses Zach as much as possible.

Will be an interesting game for sure. If the Raiders can keep the game close, then there may still be hope for our season. If we get blown out, well...who knows what will happen. Al is never predictable .
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
THIS has trap game written all over it?? THIS one??
Maybe that was the wrong term to use. What I mean is that the Texans maybe overlooking Oakland or may take them too lightly.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you guys just trade us Aso for our first next year and a player? Please?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #11
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Forget Aso, I want Seymour. Hell I'd take Shaugnessy or Trevor Scott even.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Man we going to handle teh Raiders Just like we handled them last Year what was it 40 to 6 or somethin :P

I for see OD having a big game Just run da Ball and we will be fine !!!!!

ITS FOSTER TIME SUCKAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #13
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Haha maybe if that player was AJ. Trading a beast for another beast...sounds fair enough .

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Forget Aso, I want Seymour. Hell I'd take Shaugnessy or Trevor Scott even.
I actually wouldn't mind trading Seymour, Davis was stupid as hell to give away a 1st for him when we have so many other positions we need to fill. I doubt we'd get anywhere near a 1st for him though.

I'm really liking Shaugnessy, but the player I'm really high on right now has to be Lamarr Houston. From what I've seen so far, it seems like the guy has "it"...the same "it" that players like Peppers, Seymour, & Williams have. I know I'm speaking a bit too soon, but there isn't really much else I can look forward to this season .
Old 09-27-2010   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I smell a troll in this thread. Don't let him suck you into his black hole!

No injuries to both! A little pain would be ok though...
Old 09-27-2010   #15
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I smell a troll in this thread. Don't let him suck you into his black hole!

No injuries to both! A little pain would be ok though...

I'm hoping for an injury free game as well, and hopefully a close one too. I wish I could make it to the game, but my family & friends backed out. Shame, would have been nice seeing AJ in action.
Old 09-27-2010   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post

I'm hoping for an injury free game as well, and hopefully a close one too. I wish I could make it to the game, but my family & friends backed out. Shame, would have been nice seeing AJ in action.
AJ simply does not perform against Asomugha. That's what I call a SHUT DOWN corner.

How about Owen Daniels and our first? I bet he had a bionic knee put in this time around! Third time's a charm right?
Old 09-27-2010   #17
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
How about Owen Daniels and our first? I bet he had a bionic knee put in this time around! Third time's a charm right?
As a possible trade scenario with Aso? I would doubt that would ever happen, since we are pretty much set at the TE position with Zach Miller. I've already made it known that if Aso does leave Oakland, I would want him to go to you guys. Hopefully I'll never have to see the day he wears a uni that isn't silver & black, but I would not be able to blame him if he does. He's constantly bought into each new HC's BS that "this is the year" and I think he's nearing the point where he has finally had enough of it. It will be interesting to see how the lockout would affect contracts if it were to happen.

Looking at Nnamdi's contract, if a lockout happened but the contract was still valid...he would be a free agent by the time the NFL resumed play.

Quote:
On February 19, 2009 the Raiders re-signed Asomugha to a complex three-year deal that makes him the highest paid defensive back in NFL history. The first two years, worth $28.5 million, are fully guaranteed. In the third year of the contract, if Oakland wants to keep Asomugha, it must pay him the average of the top five highest-paid quarterbacks or $16.875 million, whichever is higher. If the Raiders fail to pick up the option, Asomugha will become a free agent with Oakland not having the ability to tag him again.
Old 09-27-2010   #18
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

The Oakland game for us is all about getting back to Texans football. Running the ball effectively, protecting Schaub and moving the ball downfield. On defense, getting pressure up front, and stopping the run.

I think it's also an important game to see how much of a team the Texans really are. They had an embarassing performance against Dallas, can they come back and beat a team like the Raiders
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we are 3-1 when Cushing comes back and the Giants are in town. And right now, the Giants aren't looking so hot. It's very possible we are 5-1 going into the bye week. Before the season started, I would have been very happy with 3-3 at that time, now I'll settle for nothing less than 4-2 and I think we'll even do better. Out of the next three weeks, only the Chiefs scare me, not the Raiders or the Giants.

The problem is the Texans are the consummate Jeckle and Hyde team.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks for your insight Kulluminatii. I've got a couple more questions like how is the Raider pass rush looking? loved Rolando McClain (former teammate of Kareems @ Alabama) how is he doing? what is the coaching situation like is their added weight to beat Texans @ home?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read