Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-26-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This was a BRUTAL football weekend for me

Friday in HS football my former school La Porte lost to another former school that I attended briefly and hated (Deer Park). LP was previously unbeaten.

Saturday the Horns get blown out which honestly I didn't take too badly because I was expecting them to lose soon to someone.

Sunday my 2 favorite NFL teams are playing the 2 teams I despise the most in the NFL. Texans lose to the Cowboys, Giants lose to the Titans.

Surprisingly I am not too depressed. One thing is for sure, the NFL is a roller coaster ride of emotion. One week you feel great and the next week this.

Last week the Cowboy fans are hiding, tonight they are posting smack on my FB wall.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This was a BRUTAL football weekend for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Friday in HS football my former school La Porte lost to another former school that I attended briefly and hated (Deer Park). LP was previously unbeaten.

Saturday the Horns get blown out which honestly I didn't take too badly because I was expecting them to lose soon to someone.

Sunday my 2 favorite NFL teams are playing the 2 teams I despise the most in the NFL. Texans lose to the Cowboys, Giants lose to the Titans.

Surprisingly I am not too depressed. One thing is for sure, the NFL is a roller coaster ride of emotion. One week you feel great and the next week this.

Last week the Cowboy fans are hiding, tonight they are posting smack on my FB wall.
That's called being able to back up their smack. Smart fans wait until after the fact to talk snuff.
Old 09-27-2010   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
That's called being able to back up their smack. Smart fans wait until after the fact to talk snuff.
That's called being classless IMO. Don't disappear and only reappear when you can talk "smack".
Old 09-27-2010   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Feeling your pain bro, my entire office is full of Cowboy fans, they've not talked a bit of smack in almost three weeks. Been nice, quiet, and somber... after the game, my phone wouldn't stop ringing. Now, If I was a smack talker myself, I'd say I deserve the crow, but I've talked these idiots off the ledge for weeks now. I'm a nice, classy fan... guess I should just become a pr*ck like them.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's called being classless IMO. Don't disappear and only reappear when you can talk "smack".
I call it being chicken (bleep)..
Old 09-27-2010   #6
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Graduated from Deer Park, nothing like beating up on the Bullpups (21-19!) Graduated from UH (GO COOGS!), HATE TU! It was a GREAT WEEKEND except for the Texans bad showing!
Old 09-27-2010   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
Graduated from Deer Park, nothing like beating up on the Bullpups (21-19!) Graduated from UH (GO COOGS!), HATE TU! It was a GREAT WEEKEND except for the Texans bad showing!
this
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2010   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I feel your pain Kevin. Same here!! I went to the LaPorte game and had to watch the old fashion way, through the fence. lol Brought back great memories of HS football. I grad from PHS, but, detest DP and all the snot nosed people that live there. They remind me of Cowboys fans!

My Niners and Texans both looked like they were playing HS football. The LaPorte/DP game was much more exciting, to tell the truth. BUT, A&M won, so I'm 1 out of 3 for the weekend!!

BTW: How did you like the Bullpen? If was great seeing ya at the tailgate, and the game! Need to come more often.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: This was a BRUTAL football weekend for me

Rough weekend, but good to see you!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Rough weekend, but good to see you!
Yeah, it was cool sitting in front of you guys. I'll post the pictures I took when I get some time. The one of you came out really good.
Old 09-27-2010   #11
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
The LaPorte/DP game was much more exciting, to tell the truth. BUT, A&M won, so I'm 1 out of 3 for the weekend!!

BTW: How did you like the Bullpen? If was great seeing ya at the tailgate, and the game! Need to come more often.
Do you live in La Porte as well?
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #12
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46286 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Just remind them that they are 1-2 and have the same record as Oakland, Jacksonville and St. Louis.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Do you live in La Porte as well?
I live in Pasadena, but, my granddaughter goes to school in LaPorte, as well as tons of friends kids. She goes to Lomax Jr High right now, but, will go to LaPorte High next year.
Old 09-27-2010   #14
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Now Grandma, why do you hate on Deer Park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I feel your pain Kevin. Same here!! I went to the LaPorte game and had to watch the old fashion way, through the fence. lol Brought back great memories of HS football. I grad from PHS, but, detest DP and all the snot nosed people that live there. They remind me of Cowboys fans!

My Niners and Texans both looked like they were playing HS football. The LaPorte/DP game was much more exciting, to tell the truth. BUT, A&M won, so I'm 1 out of 3 for the weekend!!

Old 09-27-2010   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
I can tell you why I hated it. I went to DPJH for one year and as she said all of the kids were snobs and punks. There were many cliques and they were not accepting at all at new kids. The whole year I was there I constantly got flak for being from La Porte. Oh, I forgot the racist part. I was called a "n****r lover" several times by other guys on the football team because I was from La Porte where we were had a lot of black kids, especially on our football teams. I don't know the demographics of that school now however it was pretty much all white kids there back then.

The teachers weren't much better either. I remember getting "swats" from an English teacher because I told her I didn't like the school. I was so miserable there that I was flunking out through the first 3 semesters of school. Fortunately my folks wised up and transferred me to Baker JH of La Porte (it was closer to our house). I went to LPJH before however I knew a lot of the kids at Baker from playing Little League baseball in LP. The Baker kids were real cool and accepting of the new guy. I got straight A's there the last semester which was enough to make up for the first 3 bad ones I had at DP.

Keep in mind this was around 1981 and things have probably changed since then however I always hated that school district after that.
Old 09-27-2010   #16
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great to see you Kevin albeit a short hello, Sorry i get really busy during the tailgate but it was really good of you to stop by.
Old 09-27-2010   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Great to see you Kevin albeit a short hello, Sorry i get really busy during the tailgate but it was really good of you to stop by.
No problem Joe, I saw you were busy with those kids, etc. Glad to see you are doing well. Loved the white face paint also.
Old 09-28-2010   #18
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Hookem, I am sorry you felt that way in DP and DPISD. I assure you not ALL kids there are snobs and punks. I can't believe you got pops for making a personal statement to a teacher. In 1981 I was a student at Deepwater Junior High.
Old 09-28-2010   #19
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel your pain Hookem. There are some weekends I wish I was not a football fan at all.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Pretty much what Hookum said! For some reason a lot of people who live in Deer Park elevate themselves ABOVE anyone living in Pasadena or LaPorte.. Don't know why really because most of them are blue collar refinery workers just like most everyone else. Just simple arrogance on the most part. The attitude that "my kids are better than yours because they go to Deer Park" which is total BS!! I have lived and worked in Pasadena most of my life, so this is not an assumption on my part, but a true fact.

As for the schools, Kevin hit the nail on the head!! If you're not white and raised in the Deer Park school system, then you are simply dirt under their feet. I transfered my daughter to Deer Park in her Jr year of high school, that was back in the early 90s, and it's one of the BIGGEST mistakes I ever made as a parent. Not gonna go into details, but, they simply did not care about a kid from Pasadena. A MAJOR nightmare that haunts me even today!

As for LaPorte schools, all I can say is I feel they saved my granddaughters educational/emotional life. She was abused at school when she was in the third grade, Pasadena school. After a year of psychological BS from Pasadena my daughter decided a transfer was in her best interest. Deer Park would have nothing to do with her. After all, she was a kid with emotional problems and not from Deer Park! A transfer was arranged to Lomax elem in LaPorte, and the teachers and staff there were like angels sent down from heaven to take care of my granddaughter. Because of the interest and care the LaPorte school district gave my gd, she is now a wonderful, healthy, smart eight grader at Lomax Jr High. I can't predict what things will be like when she starts to high school, but, I know she is HAPPY and looking forward to going to LaPorte High next year. That's all I really care about.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read