Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I miss Dunta...

I know Kareem is a rookie...but he just sucks. Maybe he will be good in a few years, but he does not need to be starting.

Should have paid Dunta.
Dwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: I miss Dunta...

I am sure the Texans would have won today with Dunte. Dunte can suck it.
Old 09-26-2010   #3
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade View Post
I know Kareem is a rookie...but he just sucks. Maybe he will be good in a few years, but he does not need to be starting.

Should have paid Dunta.
Naaah... Dunta wanted out. You'll never convince me otherwise.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #4
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

now if we had Dunta and Kareem that would be much better than no veteran at the corner position. I can't believe the texans are going with basically two rookie corners this season with Kareem & Glover Quinn who I think has no talent to be starting in this league. Kareem Jackson is just not ready even though he has a lot of talent. The safeties are not great either so when he goes one on one he is basically on his own because our safeties are horrible in coverage.
Old 09-26-2010   #5
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Naaah... Dunta wanted out. You'll never convince me otherwise.
He wanted out because he wasn't getting paid...and even a disgruntled Dunta is better than Kareem Jackson.

We need a better pass defense if we want to go far in the playoffs. That or score every possession.
Old 09-26-2010   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Since he returned from his injury he is never going to be the same.
Old 09-26-2010   #7
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

dunta wasn't worth what he wanted.

yeah it's unfortunate that kareem is put in this position to pretty much make an immediate impact on a team with playoff aspirations but i'd rather roll with kj than overpay someone who is not worth the production they put on the field.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2010   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Should have paid Dunta.
I'm thinking "no". Think of what you're saying. "Should have paid Dunta"? $57 million dollars? $25.5 million guaranteed money?

No way. If we were going to go out and make that kind of commitment to a CB (and I have no objection to that) we should have just sucked it up and went after Asomugha and got what we paid for. Sure it would have cost us draft picks but one of them would have been the pick we used on Kareem Jackson so right now we'd be paying top dollar for a top cornerback and owing the Raiders another 1 maybe? Possibly a 2?

I fail to see how that's a problem considering how well our current brain trust has drafted in later rounds.

But Dunta? That is for to laugh.
Old 09-26-2010   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm thinking "no". Think of what you're saying. "Should have paid Dunta"? $57 million dollars? $25.5 million guaranteed money?

No way. If we were going to go out and make that kind of commitment to a CB (and I have no objection to that) we should have just sucked it up and went after Asomugha and got what we paid for. Sure it would have cost us draft picks but one of them would have been the pick we used on Kareem Jackson so right now we'd be paying top dollar for a top cornerback and owing the Raiders another 1 maybe? Possibly a 2?

I fail to see how that's a problem considering how well our current brain trust has drafted in later rounds.

But Dunta? That is for to laugh.
I'm thinking more along the lines of the franchise tag here... not so much about giving him a long term contract.
Old 09-26-2010   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He wanted out because he wasn't getting paid...and even a disgruntled Dunta is better than Kareem Jackson.

We need a better pass defense if we want to go far in the playoffs. That or score every possession.
Are you serious? Dunte nor Jackson is going to make a world of difference on this team. The Colts played with rookies in the Superbowl last season. If Dunta did not have such a me first attiude he would have still been here and you pay based on production he was not worth the cash.
Old 09-26-2010   #11
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta is gone, and after seeing him play for Atlanta lately..........good riddence. ATL isn't exactly jumping with joy for him on their team either, read their boards.

We won 2 games, one of which was against the Colts, with Jackson. Let him go through his growing pains and become a better CB. Till then we just find a way to win. Just like we did in the first 2 games.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #12
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I know we keep talking about how much our secondary sucks, etc. but I'd like to point out that Romo didn't torch us as much as Manning or McNabb. Week 1 and 2 we let up 400+ yards. Romo took us for 284. Yes, we did lose, and yes it's not ideal, but it's not like we're getting torched by David Carr or some other scrub QB. We have faced 3 fairly prolific QBs.

We should probably save the fire "insert name here" threads until we give the team a little time to get a representative sample of their performance. My feeling is that by the bye week the numbers will be more representative.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #13
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

The issue with Dunta was money. I'm glad he didn't accept the huge contract we offered him and I'm glad we didn't give him the even bigger contract that Atlanta gave him. He won't be worth it and I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #14
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem is on the back end of the defense with our safeties they can't cover and they are always out of position. The corners are playing bump & run coverage way to much and they don't have that type of speed and the safeties are never there to help over the top. The texans need to trade for a better free safety because Bernard Pollard is great against the run and needs help in coverage because he stinks in coverage.
Old 09-26-2010   #15
Dwade
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
Dunta is gone, and after seeing him play for Atlanta lately..........good riddence. ATL isn't exactly jumping with joy for him on their team either, read their boards.

We won 2 games, one of which was against the Colts, with Jackson. Let him go through his growing pains and become a better CB. Till then we just find a way to win. Just like we did in the first 2 games.
We won in spite of Kareem against the Colts.

Did you not see Peyton Manning throw for over 400 yards that game?

Arian Foster won that game for us.
Old 09-26-2010   #16
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
The problem is on the back end of the defense with our safeties they can't cover and they are always out of position. The corners are playing bump & run coverage way to much and they don't have that type of speed and the safeties are never there to help over the top. The texans need to trade for a better free safety because Bernard Pollard is great against the run and needs help in coverage because he stinks in coverage.
How about our front four not let QBs set up a camping site and use binoculars to spot holes in our coverage? C'mon this pass rush has been non-existent. Lets reserve of DB judgement until a legit pass rush or even a freaking AVERAGE one is there.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Should have paid Dunta.
I love Jackson. No doubt in my mind he will be a great corner in this league.
Old 09-26-2010   #18
PHAROAH
All Pro

Dunta was the Texans best defender in the secondary and he had no help in COVERAGE from the safeties and he looked bad too so give Kareem time he is a rookie and he is playing one of the hardest positions in the NFL and is starting as a rookie and that means the safeties have to make the correct reads and help him over the top. The other is Frank Bush putting him in a bad position all the time and calling stupid plays on defense.
Old 09-26-2010   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't miss him and his million dollars per pass defended last season. (no INTS)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #20
Dwade
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I love Jackson. No doubt in my mind he will be a great corner in this league.
....have you watched these first 3 games? I'm not impressed at all.

Also, on that last TD to Roy Williams, it looked like he gave up and stopped chasing him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read