Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 3-1 when we get Cush back...

would be a major, major accomplishment. The Texans' young secondary and missing key starters (and a weakened AJ) are starting to show. But if we can eek out a victory in Oakland and get Cush back for the Giants game, we'll be on a good path. Most people said 2-2 without Cush; we're guaranteed at least that already.

And about that Schaub INT today - AJ got tripped up by Jenkins and it gave Jenkins a 2-step advantage. That was a 14-point turnaround because the cowboys scored on that pick. That 14 points was the difference in the game.

The Texans were not overmatched today; they just hurt themselves. Get Cushing back - who can put extra pressure on the QB AND drop back into coverage - and that secondary is instantly going to improve.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #2
BullsOnParade
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 283 BullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3-1 when we get Cush back...

I know it's the Raiders, but we aren't 3-1 yet. If the team has your attitude, we'll get beat again.
BullsOnParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #3
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsOnParade View Post
I know it's the Raiders, but we aren't 3-1 yet. If the team has your attitude, we'll get beat again.
I'm not assuming ANYTHING here. I'm saying they have to make up for his absence and overachieve another week. This loss stings, but they have to keep moving forward. I said WOULD be a major accomplishment, not WILL be.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I have already moved past this game with an AFC battle coming up next.
Old 09-26-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the season started, 80% of the fans would have been extremely happy with a 2-2 start with Cushing out.
Old 09-26-2010   #6
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

Really Derek.. its sad you actually believe that.

You think that pass wasnt horribly overthrown? It was. AJ's stumble would have made up 15 yards. It was a bad throw. It was another example of Matt just throwing a jump ball and this time it bit them.

Also, you are assuming a Texan TD on that possession. Why would they score a TD there when they hadnt all game? The only TD the Texans scored was garbage time my friend.

The Texans were completely and totally dominated. The Cowboys outplayed them.

Like I have said before.. this team isnt a good as some of you think. The defense is horrible.

Cushing coming back isnt going to change it. It will be a tad better, but not much. Cushing cant cover WR's.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #7
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5006 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Before the season started, 80% of the fans would have been extremely happy with a 2-2 start with Cushing out.
That's true. If you go back to the offseason threads you can see most of the posters predicting a 1-3 or 2-2 start to the season. Those same people are slitting wrists and jumping bridges now because we happened to lose one game. Having the Cush back is going to be a huge uplift
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2010   #8
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Having Cushing back will really help this team, but I think the bigger problem is that this team has days where they just don't show up and get outplayed. It has happened many times in this team's history, but the Saints in preseason and today are the most recent.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read