Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default One Loss Relax All

I have not been on here all day but I knew this board would be all kinds of crazy when I logged in. This game was a must win for the Cowboys. I honestly thought Dallas would play like they did today. The Texans did not score once they were inside the 20 yard line due to flags and mistakes. Winston had a bad game but I exspect him to bounce back. The D is still starting a rookie CB on the right side and missing the two time DROY. I'll be frank with everyone I'm not sold on Frank Bush at all. Matt did not look his best but the D did not give him many chances and Ware is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Yhea, I know the Cowboys came into this game 0-2 but they were just a couple of plays away from beating both the Redskins and Bears. The Texans have to put this loss behind them and go to Oakland next week and win against a team that they know they are better than. They do not play a team like the Cowboys every Sunday. Winning against the AFC is what the Texans have to focuss on next if they want to reach their ultimate goal of making the playoffs and beyond. Gary has to get the team ready to play in Raider nation and come out with an important road win. GO TEXANS
Old 09-26-2010   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: One Loss Relax All

Frank Bush is not on my good side.
Old 09-26-2010   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest, it would have been an amazing win with two key starters gone and our best player operating at about 80%.

Still, we should have played better.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Of course they should have played better but it is not the end of the world.
Old 09-26-2010   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Of course they should have played better but it is not the end of the world.
I'm not in panic mode.
In fact, this loss didn't really surprise me. We don't have all our pieces. Our main cog to the offense is operating at 80%. We were playing a team that is desperate and has been reading/hearing all week about how they were done for the season. They have too much pride to take that lying down.
Old 09-26-2010   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm not in panic mode.
In fact, this loss didn't really surprise me. We don't have all our pieces. Our main cog to the offense is operating at 80%. We were playing a team that is desperate and has been reading/hearing all week about how they were done for the season. They have too much pride to take that lying down.
Dallas was very hungry for this game and the Texans were missing both Brown and Cushing. They have an AFC matchup next week go get em.
Old 09-26-2010   #7
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 76006 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

No one should be in panic mode. It just sucks that we had to lose to freaking dallas and seriously the secondary blows. Are we that bad at depth back there that no matter how burnt toast they are over and over they stay in there????

It was the perfect storm of the let down game we should have seen coming for miles as is the normal Texans MO and dallas was desparate and HAD to win today.

Can't WAIT to get to work Monday and pay up my breakfast taco bets and hear it from cowtrick fans.

Thanks again Texans! You're always good for making me remember why I should never run my mouth about you....ever. (JK)

It's ok though. I'll take this loss now and then play the SB in jerra's house please and thank you!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2010   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

next week will be interesting. the #1 and #3 rushers in the NFL will be going at each other
Old 09-26-2010   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

my concern (and I know we are still young) but the Texans and everybody else knew the Cowboys' backs were against the wall and they would come out hungry and the Texans seemed to be ho-hum and go through the motions. that is what concerns me, if this team tries to make a playoff push. Will they be able to handle the pressure to go from the hunter (needing to win to get into the playoffs) to the hunted (being in the playoff race and have some desperate teams trying to catch them)

I know time will tell and this is way early, it just irks me when I start to think the team is ready for the big time (news coverage and whatnot) and they play crappy.

well maybe a good nights sleep and I will feel better
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah how I love the obligatory "one loss relax everyone" thread of the year. I love it.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I seem to remember this thread starter saying losing Brown was no big deal? well it kinda was, no offense to Chester Pitts I mean Rashad Butler, but the beauty of Duane Browns game is he sticks to his man, Schaub has a feel for his pocket parameters & the unit just seems to gel both in the passing & running game.

Andre should sit for the next two weeks, come back after the bye. He is too valueable to risk against the Raiders on that dirt filled, rock hard field. Cushing must also sit his last game suspended.

One loss relax, can you say 2-2? it is coming around a little differently than expected but I'll take it coming home in week 5 to face the Giants. I'm staying the course
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #12
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

our secondary in pass defense sucks

we've got a jekyll/hyde pass rush

Schaub has been getting sacked way too often

Slaton is crap

other than that we're fine

we shore up those issues, we are SuperBowl bound
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #13
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Dallas was very hungry for this game and the Texans were missing both Brown and Cushing. They have an AFC matchup next week go get em.
I keep hearing this line and it make NO sense to me at all. If one team wanted to win more than the other, then everybody on here had better be concerned. What you are saying, in a nut shell, is that our team didn't care if they won or loss and that it wasn't that important of a game. Yes, it wasn't a divisional game, but this isn't baseball. There isn't a 100+ game schedule where you can afford to take games off. There is only 16 games, so to me, every single one counts. This team just failed to show up and I could see it in their faces before the kick off. They came out flat and got flat out played. Period.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #14
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Um, we sucked today! And that's all I have to say about that.
Old 09-27-2010   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Fix the issues, we good.

Stack that line next Sunday, and pound the rock vs Oakland.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #16
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I keep hearing this line and it make NO sense to me at all. If one team wanted to win more than the other, then everybody on here had better be concerned. What you are saying, in a nut shell, is that our team didn't care if they won or loss and that it wasn't that important of a game. Yes, it wasn't a divisional game, but this isn't baseball. There isn't a 100+ game schedule where you can afford to take games off. There is only 16 games, so to me, every single one counts. This team just failed to show up and I could see it in their faces before the kick off. They came out flat and got flat out played. Period.
We wanted that Colts game more than the Colts did... Are you going to say the same things about them?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #17
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
We wanted that Colts game more than the Colts did... Are you going to say the same things about them?
Damn right I am. I expect every player on every team, to show up every game. If not, you cheat your own team and your fans. If I showed up to my job and gave a half ass attempt, I'd be canned. These players have the "luxury" of getting a contract for a scheduled length of time and I think they take advantage of it. That's why you tend to see players rise to the occassion when it's a contract year and it's considered to be acceptable to do that. If they actually had to play their asses off to get paid every time they stepped on the field, I think you'd get an entirely different product out of the teams. I have a huge problem with the system, but that's a whole other thread.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
To be honest, it would have been an amazing win with two key starters gone and our best player operating at about 80%.

Still, we should have played better.
That's the point, and that's why people are upset. "The best offense in the league" scored a total of 6 points outside of garbage time. Other than that, we look like the team we thought we weren't... we looked like the same old Texans, we looked like we're still on the wrong side of that corner.

& it's true, the Texans will move on to the next game, but not today... not tomorrow. Tomorrow, they'll be watching this game, they should learn (like they should have been learning after the week 1 win & the week 2 win) where their issues are.

Tuesday the players should be off, the coaches should be formulating a plan on how they are going to get Aaron Schoe... I mean how they are going to fix those problems. Wednesday, they should get to work on Oakland.
Old 09-27-2010   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
No one should be in panic mode. It just sucks that we had to lose to freaking dallas and seriously the secondary blows. Are we that bad at depth back there that no matter how burnt toast they are over and over they stay in there????
If it makes you feel any better, KJackson was pulled for a few plays, & Wilson was pulled after the second Roy Williams TD.
Old 09-27-2010   #20
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching the players' interviews, I think this game was a good game to make this team humble and hungry again. They're going to get it. I have a good feeling.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read