Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 681 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Go get Champ Bailey

Bailey is 32 and the Broncos aren't going to be good anytime soon so mybe they'll listen to some offers. I'll give up 3rd round pick mybeeee 2nd. What you guys think? He can tutor Kareem Jackson.
GlenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Go get Champ Bailey

ANYTHING would be better than what we have right now. For the right price i would absolutely do it but i doubt the Broncos are willing to give up on their season.
Old 09-26-2010   #3
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I would go after Asomugha. Al shopped him last year when he realized his team was terrible.

Aso is the best cover man in the NFL bar none. Bailey is starting to look his age.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #4
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I would go after Asomugha. Al shopped him last year when he realized his team was terrible.

Aso is the best cover man in the NFL bar none. Bailey is starting to look his age.
Not too sure the old man is as willing to let go of Aso this year as he was last year. I'm pretty sure he honestly believes we have the talent to go all the way this year. Hell at one point last year I was kind of hoping we could have traded Aso away to gather more draft picks...but his play today against Fitz just proved how valuable he is to the Raiders.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #5
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting Aso would be a dream... but it will remain a dream. That dude is a beast and Oakland will probably ask for 2 very high draft picks, possibly 2 first rounders - no way we give up that much.

But if he could come in and fix our secondary, this team would really have very few flaws left. Goal Line O-Line comes to mind, and FS (although Quinn might get moves to FS if a true #1 lockdown corner comes in).

If Oakland is shopping Aso, I´d be on the phone...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #6
Jeff S.
Rookie

Rep Power: 42 Jeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
But if he could come in and fix our secondary, this team would really have very few flaws left.
Assuming that's true, then wouldn't it make sense to think about giving up some high draft picks? The word up until now has always been that we have too many needs in too many places to consider giving up precious draft choices. Are we really getting close to that magical state where "we're just one good player away"? Unless those draft choices are guaranteed to come in and displace a starter, then I think significantly upgrading the secondary would give a lot greater value.

Because jeebus, they stink out loud right now.
Jeff S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd give them a 1 and a 2 for Aso right now, no questions asked. Possibly a conditional 2 that could become a 1 if certain conditions were met.

I have no doubt that Rick Smith & Gary Kubiak could make out just fine in a draft without a first round pick. They seem to make most of their noise in the later rounds anyway.

We are actually at the point where we only need a handful of players, maybe even only 1 or 2 but unfortunately those players are some of the hardest to come by. A true shutdown corner is one of them. Someone other than Mario to depend on for a consistent pass rush is the other. It's amazing that we're here at this point and still looking for those two guys but I'll be damned if we aren't still looking.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Then I'd start him and Quin with Jackson behind Aso learning his craft and maybe getting on the field as a nickel. Then I'd swap Wilson out for Troy Nolan and see what happens.

Then Cushing comes back in a couple of weeks and things would start looking up I expect.
Old 09-27-2010   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way for a rookie cornerback to "learn his craft" is to play. Not sit on the bench.

All of you knew going in that Kareem Jackson, a rookie, will have growing pains. And guess what, he's having growing pains.

Jackson and the rest of the secondary isn't even the problem anyway. It's the lack of a pass rush.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Teams can still make trades during the season ?????? isnt there a deadline ????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #10
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Teams can still make trades during the season ?????? isnt there a deadline ????
Week 6 is the deadline I believe.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read