Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Surprisingly...

this loss hurt the least out of any loss we've had in the past several years. The reasoning behind it is beyond me, especially since i've already had to deal with several cowpie fans who came out of the closet to boast in the triumph of their first victory.

Most people thought we'd be 1-2 coming out of this stretch of games, but i don't think anyone reasonably thought we'd be 3-0. The Cowboys played a great game today and we just flat out didn't execute and made too many mistakes. Now we have a stretch of games that can easily put us at 5-1 or 4-2 going into the bye, which puts us in a good position i believe.

On the negative side, we got completely dominated in the trenches, couldn't execute in the redzone to save our lives, Eric Winston was absolute garbage today, Eugene Wilson sucks, Kareem Jackson got dominated by a 1st round bust and is burnt toast at this point, and Mario really needs some help. Schaub was pretty tentative today with decent reasoning, but he didn't show any swagger at all.

Most of these things are correctable and i just hope our secondary issues are the cause are the causes of great offenses and not pure suckage.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Surprisingly...

Mario was looking at double teams all day and not one other DL showed any sort of pass rush, swagger, confidence, anything. Barwin, you are missed. Schobel, you are needed. Cushing/DBrown, you are selfish bastards.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
this loss hurt the least out of any loss we've had in the past several years. The reasoning behind it is beyond me, especially since i've already had to deal with several cowpie fans who came out of the closet to boast in the triumph of their first victory.

Most people thought we'd be 1-2 coming out of this stretch of games, but i don't think anyone reasonably thought we'd be 3-0. The Cowboys played a great game today and we just flat out didn't execute and made too many mistakes. Now we have a stretch of games that can easily put us at 5-1 or 4-2 going into the bye, which puts us in a good position i believe.

On the negative side, we got completely dominated in the trenches, couldn't execute in the redzone to save our lives, Eric Winston was absolute garbage today, Eugene Wilson sucks, Kareem Jackson got dominated by a 1st round bust and is burnt toast at this point, and Mario really needs some help. Schaub was pretty tentative today with decent reasoning, but he didn't show any swagger at all.
Most of these things are correctable and i just hope our secondary issues are the cause are the causes of great offenses and not pure suckage.
I can agree with the bolded part, but not that it hurt any less. I hate the Cowboys, but that wasn't why I wanted us to win. We needed to win this game to get us to where our goal is. A legit team that shows up to play in EVERY game. The entire team (except Foster) played like complete shit. I saw it in their eyes when the game was just starting. They looked uninspired from the get go. For what? This team can't afford to show up at a game, much less a home game (and I don't care against who), and have a sorry excuse for a performance. Yes, it's one loss, but it's the way we got dominated that I can't stomach.

So yeah, this loss hurts more than one where we would have showed up and lost a hard fought game. At least I could appreciate the fact that they fought their asses off to the end. I can't say that today. The garbage time stats don't count.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #4
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I can agree with the bolded part, but not that it hurt any less. I hate the Cowboys, but that wasn't why I wanted us to win. We needed to win this game to get us to where our goal is. A legit team that shows up to play in EVERY game. The entire team (except Foster) played like complete shit. I saw it in their eyes when the game was just starting. They looked uninspired from the get go. For what? This team can't afford to show up at a game, much less a home game (and I don't care against who), and have a sorry excuse for a performance. Yes, it's one loss, but it's the way we got dominated that I can't stomach.

So yeah, this loss hurts more than one where we would have showed up and lost a hard fought game. At least I could appreciate the fact that they fought their asses off to the end. I can't say that today. The garbage time stats don't count.
I can't agree with you more. I don't mind that we lose. But to not show up really bothers me.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Of all the games to lose, it really sucked to lose to the Cowboys. The Texans were outplayed plain, and simple. I'm not as pissed as I thought I would be if we lost. I was for about 10 minutes, then I got over it, and went with the old shit happens theory.

The Texans came out flat, and the Cowboys came to play. Theres nothing to do about it now, except ***** and complain. I already got all of that out of my system after the game while talking to my Brother on the phone after the game. Now, its on to next week. It REALLY sucks, but hell what can you do?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

This time last year we were 1-2 coming off a loss to a team (Jacksonville) everyone thought we should beat. And, like last year, we're getting ready to play Oakland.
Here's to Deja Vu; i.e., we beat Oakland again.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read