Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 61665 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SO F'ing WHAT!

Are you people seriously freaking out about 1 game. Do you not realize how desperate Dallas was today? They were playing for their season, IN SEPTEMBER! Meanwhile, Texans got brought back down to earth and had a minor speed bump. Dallas is STILL 1-2 and having Tenn and Minn next. Texans are looking at Oakland, Giants (WELCOME BACK CUSHING!) the KC (Uh OH!)

I will say they need to look at their DBs now more than ever, kinda like last year after the 3 games of giving up huge rushing yardage, then became one of the best Defenses over the last 13 games.

Still, one game that got away from them. Not throwing any towel in or coach or player under the bus. Move on to Oakland and lets get another win.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130870 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SO F'ing WHAT!

You call this freaking out?...lol. All I see is a normal reaction to a loss along with some well-placed perspective in that we are 2-1 and in pretty ok shape heading to Oakland.
Old 09-26-2010   #3
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
You call this freaking out?...lol. All I see is a normal reaction to a loss along with some well-placed perspective in that we are 2-1 and in pretty ok shape heading to Oakland.
Exactly. The majority of people are being very realistic about this loss. We were outplayed today and deserved to lose. We have a very good chance of putting a good season together, but we need to improve in a few key areas.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #4
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Are you people seriously freaking out about 1 game. Do you not realize how desperate Dallas was today? They were playing for their season, IN SEPTEMBER! Meanwhile, Texans got brought back down to earth and had a minor speed bump. Dallas is STILL 1-2 and having Tenn and Minn next. Texans are looking at Oakland, Giants (WELCOME BACK CUSHING!) the KC (Uh OH!)

I will say they need to look at their DBs now more than ever, kinda like last year after the 3 games of giving up huge rushing yardage, then became one of the best Defenses over the last 13 games.

Still, one game that got away from them. Not throwing any towel in or coach or player under the bus. Move on to Oakland and lets get another win.
Amen to that. If the Texans take care of business against the Raiders and Giants like they should and get to 4-1, we just move forward with the season. It stings to lose to Jerry's Circus but those clowns will come back to earth again. They HAD to win.

To lose to the Cowboys was not a surprise development. Looking at the Cowboys Forum and the way they are trashing the Texans...gee, I always thought we didn't matter? One win and they say the Houston passing attack is "over-rated." Well, I guess every dog has its day.
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #5
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, it was one game. And if you're going to lose a game, a non-conference team is the one to lose to.

I'm angry not because we lost, but because of the way we played. You come off an emotional win and play flat. To me, this team still has a lot of growing up to do. Good teams find ways to win even when playing badly, and come out prepared for every game. We looked confused, committed far too many penalties, and didn't play together as a team. I can live with a loss, but I can't stand a team not showing up to play.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #6
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Have been lurking here and honestly I have seen much worse. Not even one Fire Kubiak thread on the first page.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing I hate about losing to the Cowboys is having to hear it from my friends who are Cowboys fans this week. I liked it when they were humbled by being 0-2. Now at 1-2, they want to start talking shit.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2010   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Have been lurking here and honestly I have seen much worse. Not even one Fire Kubiak thread on the first page.
Fire Kubiak!!!!!!

Well, it just to be done. LOL

We'll be 3-1 when Cush comes back. Everything is OK.

Still, I ****ing hate losing to the ****ing Cowturds.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #9
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

no pass rush

secondary playing Ole' defense with a suddenly outmatched rookie CB

Slaton is bad, to the point that I'm not expecting any positive plays out of him and just praying he doesn't cough it up

we need to work on those ASAP
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my first thread post game....I'd like to think people read what I have to say as long as I don't ramble, post a 3 page response or curse too much but very generally, overall, this is what I have to say. So F'ing what?!?

[cue Metallica cover]
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #11
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61665 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Trust me , it's coming....

Old 09-26-2010   #12
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The only thing I hate about losing to the Cowboys is having to hear it from my friends who are Cowboys fans this week. I liked it when they were humbled by being 0-2. Now at 1-2, they want to start talking shit.
Just remind them that they had to play for their season in September and will be 1-4 after Minn...

That should shut them up

Old 09-26-2010   #13
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yeah, look at their board. It's all disaster after they got their rears handed to them by Chicago...and all of a sudden they're thumping their chests when Houston supposedly never mattered to them, calling the Houston "passing attack over-rated." (The same Houston passing attack that overwhelmed the Redskins in FedEX, something the Cowboys offense couldn't do up there this year!)

But Dallas indeed is still 1-2 with tough battles up ahead against the Titans and Vikings looming. At least the Texans have favorable teams coming in the next couple weeks.

As much as I dislike the Titans, I still hate the Cowboys more. Our Texans simply have to show they're up to snuff and beat the Titans outright, twice this year.
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #14
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, this is the thread for me.

I am still quite fired up about this team. The running game appears to be legitimate, but the pass defense needs some serious improvement. All in all, a 2-1 start is not bad at all. If the Texans win in Oakland next week, they will be 3-1. Anyone who is honest with themselves will confess that before the season started, they would have been elated by the news that the Texans would win three of their first four.

And then after that, Brian Cushing returns, which should help the defense quite a bit.

It's all good. Best to just mark this one down to the Texans having a bad day. Realistically, it probably will not be the only bad day the Texans have this season, so it probably makes good sense for people not to be unrealistic or to lose their composure here after one bad game.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #15
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Too early to panic, I agree, but there *is* good reason to be very concerned with this pass rush and secondary for another 13 games.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #16
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130870 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Trust me , it's coming....
Could be....lol.

Look at this from a Dallas perspective and tell me this isn't true. Dallas just got it going on both sides of the ball. They leave Houston with some confidence and a sense of relief now that what they've been trying to do is working more to their satisfaction.

Worst thing I want if I'm a Cowboy fan is a week off. On the plus side they get a rest. On the down side they get a rest. A rest very early in the season no less which could be a factor later. The timing they've just found will suffer and whatever they accomplished will rust to a small degree over two weeks. After their early and untimely rest they get Tennessee. Yikes.
Old 09-26-2010   #17
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Yes, this is the thread for me.

I am still quite fired up about this team. The running game appears to be legitimate, but the pass defense needs some serious improvement. All in all, a 2-1 start is not bad at all. If the Texans win in Oakland next week, they will be 3-1. Anyone who is honest with themselves will confess that before the season started, they would have been elated by the news that the Texans would win three of their first four.

And then after that, Brian Cushing returns, which should help the defense quite a bit.

It's all good. Best to just mark this one down to the Texans having a bad day. Realistically, it probably will not be the only bad day the Texans have this season, so it probably makes good sense for people not to be unrealistic or to lose their composure here after one bad game.
Our pass defensse is going to get better with Cushing, too. We haven't won the next game yet though.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Many from the '85 Bears (no comparisons here, just using the example) said the beating they took in Miami was the best medicine they could have asked for if they wanted the Championship.

Simply put, I wouldn't want to be the Raiders next week.
Old 09-26-2010   #19
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29537 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Only because its so obvious that we should fire him!

Damn Kubes...that pick six he put on the ground was criminal. That one is on him. Oh, and he should have forced the roof to be opened, and, and....

In all seriousness BullNation is right. The Cowboys were playing for their season, and came out and out balled us. Simple as.
Old 09-26-2010   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Only because its so obvious that we should fire him!

Damn Kubes...that pick six he put on the ground was criminal. That one is on him. Oh, and he should have forced the roof to be opened, and, and....

In all seriousness BullNation is right. The Cowboys were playing for their season, and came out and out balled us. Simple as.
Let's not forget his dumb choice of uniform. Blue britches and white jerseys was the obvious call, mmbut nnnOOOOOoo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read