Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Negative

-Our defensive end situation after Mario and Antonio is a joke. Nading and Denney contribute nothing. Antonio is better inside on passing downs anyways and especially since Amobi is starting to disappear again. This team will not contend for anything if the defensive end situation remains as is. Barwin was way more valuable than we predicted. Maybe running more 3-4 when Cushing comes back is in order?

-Turk punts too many touchbacks. I don't know if we need to work out punters but when we've needed an offense pinned deep he's always managed to punt a touchback.

-Slaton has almost played himself out of the league. I can't figure out whats happened to him.

-Owen does not look fast. He doesn't have explosion right now. It seems like it takes a lot more work for him to get going and he can't cut or stop on a dime like he used. We're not motioning him as much as we used to. I think he's healthy I just think he's not ready to go 100% yet. He'll have a much better 2nd half of the year than 1st. More Dreessen until then?

-Andre needs to get that ankle healthy. I almost want to see him take next week off and let Dickerson get a taste of the NFL. I think we'll be running it a ton next week anyways, Oakland is a great pass defense and awful run defense. Andre hesitated a bit on Schaub's pick to Jenkins and it was clearly because of the ankle. I don't want to see anymore of that this year because we need the Andre deep ball to win games.

-Big plays went missing in this game. I don't know why but Walter didn't even have a catch til the last minutes of the fourth. We didn't have the big passing plays we usually get. I don't know why. Butler wasn't even the problem really, he had a few bad moments but it was more the o-line just not getting it done. Perhaps the right guard rotation doesn't help? Winston look confused a few times too, is it affecting him?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: The Negative

I think they spent too much time giving press interviews this past week. Time to go back to work.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #3
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

A little harsh on Slaton I think.

As for a list of negatives, you really missed the biggest negative. The secondary, once again, got torched!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
A little harsh on Slaton I think.

As for a list of negatives, you really missed the biggest negative. The secondary, once again, got torched!
Any secondary will get torched when you have as much time as QBs have had against us. Face it, its the front 4 not the back 7. This team's pass rush is putrid right now.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #5
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Piss off troll.
lol I'm a troll? The Texans got the national media love this past week. NFL Network, ESPN, Fox Sports, multiple players with interviews on Jim Rome.

They have arrived. This team is finally legit.

Until an 0-2 team comes to their house and makes them look like Oakland and I'm a troll? This game was not even competitive unless you count the TD in garbage time. The pass defense is non-existent. The QB has thrown more picks than touchdowns but yet a fan of this team since it was conceived points it out and is called a troll. Beautiful.
Old 09-26-2010   #6
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Everything the Texans did was negative today. Everything. This was the Texans of old. No competitiveness at all. At all.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Eric Winston got owned all day in this game. Butler played better than him.

Pass rush is a joke...way worse than even last year.

Our secondary is pretty horrible right now, maybe they will put it together by the end of the season but right now they straight up suck.

Why didn't we run Foster more? We seem to be getting away from the run again. I know we are down but regardless Foster has had a good season and was having a damn good game, picking up chunks of yardage on almost every carry.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2010   #8
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I disagree with anything negative. Two plays were the difference. Eugene Wilson had an interception opportunity only to have it slip away from him. And the holding call on Eric Winston when we had pass interference on them. Game changers without a doubt.

Are we excused for the rest of the game? No, but sometimes it's the way the ball bounces. We lost, move on, bring on the Raiders
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
lol I'm a troll? The Texans got the national media love this past week. NFL Network, ESPN, Fox Sports, multiple players with interviews on Jim Rome.

Until an 0-2 team comes to their house and makes them look like Oakland and I'm a troll? This game was not even competitive unless you count the TD in garbage time. The pass defense is non-existent. The QB has thrown more picks than touchdowns but yet a fan of this team since it was conceived points it out and is called a troll. Beautiful.
Exactly. The media love was too much for the players this time. At the end of the day, the Texans are still 2-1 and do play an Oakland team they should beat next week. Not to mention the Giants aren't looking too good. The season isn't over here people.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I disagree with anything negative. Two plays were the difference. Earl Wilson had an interception opportunity only to have it slip away from him. And the holding call on Eric Winston when we had pass interference on them. Game changers without a doubt.

Are we excused for the rest of the game? No, but sometimes it's the way the ball bounces. We lost, move on, bring on the Raiders
Let's not forget the delay of game that wasn't called. The clock was at zero for at least two seconds. The false start that wasn't called (and instead an offside on Antonio Smith) was another call that really hurt.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #11
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Any secondary will get torched when you have as much time as QBs have had against us. Face it, its the front 4 not the back 7. This team's pass rush is putrid right now.
I agree our pass rush was pathetic... but you can't give the secondary a free pass.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #12
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Eric Winston got owned all day in this game. Butler played better than him.

Pass rush is a joke...way worse than even last year.

Our secondary is pretty horrible right now, maybe they will put it together by the end of the season but right now they straight up suck.

Why didn't we run Foster more? We seem to be getting away from the run again. I know we are down but regardless Foster has had a good season and was having a damn good game, picking up chunks of yardage on almost every carry.
Winston needs to get back to football and stop messing around with that radio show of his.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Let's not forget the delay of game that wasn't called. The clock was at zero for at least two seconds. The false start that wasn't called (and instead an offside on Antonio Smith) was another call that really hurt.
thats 10 point right there.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #14
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 6353 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post

You may not be a troll, but your suggestion that they lost this game because they gave some interviews and got a liitle more national press is stupid.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #15
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19932 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I needed to hear that. I have a problem with getting too worked up about football and you've brought me back down to Earth. Repped.

And anyway, our playoff dreams aren't dead yet. They're much more likely to survive a loss to the Cowboys than a loss to the Titans or Jaguars. Just gotta keep going.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #16
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Winston needs to get back to football and stop messing around with that radio show of his.
Agreed. Maybe I'm a little harsh, but if I was an HC I would ban my players from this kind of stuff through the season. But I'm not a head coach, I'm just a working stiff fan.
Old 09-26-2010   #17
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
You may not be a troll, but your suggestion that they lost this game because they gave some interviews and got a liitle more national press is stupid.
They let it get to their collective heads. It happens every time they get a little media attention. Every time. Then come out flat against a team they should beat.
Old 09-26-2010   #18
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

OK everyone, let's all take a deep breath, chill out, drink six or seventeen beers, pass out, wallow a bit in our own vomit, then get back here with a refreshed head.

Let's not forget we projected ourselves to go 2-2 during this 4 game opener.
gg no re is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #19
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

If you're blaming the media attention, you're a knucklehead. The team prepares the same way regardless.

There was no pass rush. Period. There's the problem.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #20
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

There's plenty of blame to go around in this game:
* The secondary, as everyone knows, was terrible, it's difficult when there's no pass rush.
* The D-line was terrible, Mario was just standing around much of the time, no effort.
* The playcalling was terrible, no consistency or flow to the offense.
* The O-line was inconsistent as well, decent/good in pass protection but terrible at controlling the LOS in the run game.
* Matt Schaub got rattled and felt the pressure, many passes were to low or behind the receiver.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read